Prediction Ladder Prediction 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do you have GWS so high? Do you think they’ll be substantially better after losing Taranto and Hopper?
Either high or low. I went high

I think they can be so much better. Happy to be wrong but if I'm right then no top 5 for you :D

Why do you have GWS so high? Do you think they’ll be substantially better after losing Taranto and Hopper?
Think Green takes another step, plus they still have Kelly/Perryman/Coniglio

If Kingsley is anything decent they should be better. Reckon they’re the surprise team that makes the jump

That’s definitely their Achilles heel

Will be interesting to see which end of the ground HH plays. Think he’s been training with the forwards, even though he seemed best in defence
Personally don’t think he’s a great forward, has some good games but not one of the comps best. He’d be a gun if settled down back.

Hopper and Taranto are too big losses IMO.

Did they bring anyone decent in?

Personally don’t think he’s a great forward, has some good games but not one of the comps best. He’d be a gun if settled down back.

Hopper and Taranto are too big losses IMO.

Did they bring anyone decent in?
Yeah HH/Taylor would be close to a league best tall defender duo

Midfield is where they can afford to lose a couple of players, still well stocked enough now even without Taranto/Hopper. Think they’ll see improvement from a few of their younger guys too, eg Green/Ash/maybe Callaghan. Only brought Bedford in IIRC

Definitely not higher than 7th/8th, but I think they can make more of a push than last year if they want to

Himmelberg has been training forward, averages 1.5 goals a game when played there

They'll play Hogan, Himmelberg, Cadman, Greene and Bedford up forward plus probably the return of Brent Daniels. Riccardi in reserve.

It's a better forward line than a few of the spoon contenders like North, but quite a bit better in other areas of the ground

Melbourne
Carlton
Brisbane
Saints
Fremantle
GWS
Bulldogs
Geelong
---------------
Richmond
Port Adelaide
Sydney
Gold Coast
Adelaide
West Coast
Collingwood
Hawthorn
North
Essendon

Ok teams worth talking about:

Melbourne/Brisbane: Yeah, they're top 4 teams. Melbourne to win it all. Brisbane to capitulate in a home preliminary.

Carlton: AFL scriptwriters like a down on the dumps VIC team to significantly bounce, and Carlton has the talent to make a deep run. Gets bitched slapped in the granny

Saints: Medicore but now has a coach who knows how to extract every drop out of a list. Should rebound for a meek preliminary final exit.

GWS: A team in the bottom 6 usually bounces and they're the best candidate for it. Good amount of talent, and no Leon Cameron who really held that club back.

Geelong: Old team who got their premiership after many failures and an off-season that was more about future-proofing then anything else. Sounds like a premiership hangover coming up. Scrapes into finals though as I think they'll sort their s**t out late.

Dogs: They Suck with a capital s in the minor rounds compared to their list. Should give a team a good scare though in the finals.

Port: In no mans land list wise and they don't have the coaching staff to outperform it.

Richmond: I'm not particularly convinced Martin is going to bounce back to being a star player, and it seems like Richmond needs that to really do anything this year.

Sydney: Spectacular bounce, however were belted in the grand final. Likely coming into a snap back to reality year.

Gold Coast: I'll only believe that the Suns had made finals after that finals series is over.

Adelaide: Should be a tough team to play against, but probably lacks the quality/experience across the board to really do anything significant this year.

West Coast: Should stabilise and a trip to Perth should return to being a dangerous proposition. Still, it's going to be a rough campaign, seeing their list is in a very rough state.

Collingwood: Rode their luck big time in 2022, with an absurd record when the margin was under two goals. Will snap back to reality.

Essendon: This. They'll end up cooking themselves trying to catch up this year.

When you talked about “cooking” I thought you were referring to another drug scandal.

And I’m happy playing GWS first up before they get into their groove. It takes awhile for a new coach.

That’s definitely their Achilles heel

Will be interesting to see which end of the ground HH plays. Think he’s been training with the forwards, even though he seemed best in defence
They probably need to play Berg up forward with Hogan as they can cover him down back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane
Melbourne
Bulldogs
Geelong
Sydney
Collingwood
Freo
Carlton
----------------
Port
Richmond
Gold Coast
Adelaide
GWS
St Kilda
Essendon
North
West Coast
Hawthorn

Adjusted

Brisbane
Geelong
Melbourne
Bulldogs
Sydney
Richmond
Collingwood
Crows

Giants
Carlton
Freo
Port
Suns
Saints
Essendon
West Coast
North
Hawks

Ok I’m on board, Crows to sneak in
Port to implode after a 0-5 start, Hinkley sacked

Adjusted

Brisbane
Geelong
Melbourne
Bulldogs
Sydney
Richmond
Collingwood
Crows

Giants
Carlton
Freo
Port
Suns
Saints
Essendon
West Coast
North
Hawks

Ok I’m on board, Crows to sneak in
Port to implode after a 0-5 start, Hinkley sacked
So Ken sacked before the end of the season.

Buggar!

1) Melbourne
2) Geelong
3) Brisbane
4) Sydney
5) Carlton
6) Freo
7) Bulldogs
8) Port

9) Richmond
10) Adelaide
11) Collingwood