Prediction Ladder predictions 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont see it with Adelaide . A lot seem to have them near the 8 or just outside .
Maybe a bit of praccy match bias or surely they come good bias.
Still think they are bottom 6 for me .
Depends how their midfield goes for mine as they are really strong forward and pretty weak down back. If they win clearance they will do well but if not they could suffer some heavy defeats. They are pretty competitive though in the mid with berry and soligo solid defensive players, so I would be surprised if they aren’t in the 9-12 range but they are a few elite players in those sections away from finals and the pointy end.

I dont see it with Adelaide . A lot seem to have them near the 8 or just outside .
Maybe a bit of praccy match bias or surely they come good bias.
Still think they are bottom 6 for me .
Yes, I'm with you. Still trying to fathom if it's my confirmation bias or whether they truly are better than us.

Tell me why Port is last, Carlton are 2nd, Collingwood don't make the 8, Gold Coast make the 8?
Newsflash: I don’t need to.

You know it!;)

I feel I'm gonna enjoy my footy this year!
And again, this is where I am with the crows. I just ain't buying the hype. And their supporters have been distinctly low key since 2017 which is a delightful change and one that I endorse for the rest of my days.

Usually it’s 2 or 3 teams in/out of the 8 from season to season. I think there’s only been one time since 2000ish where there was less than 2 changes in the 8.
Just don't see how i can predict otherwise.

Brisbane, Melbourne, Geelong, Sydney, Collingwood will be my top 5 (not in order here)

I see people dropping Collingwood out, but McStay is gonna be very good for them, yes they had small wins and close margins in 2022 but their side is very good, defense looks really good, plenty of players who do their roles, McStay up forward is gonna be huge, Mitchell comes in and fixes alot of their midfield issues & his connection is already super strong with De Goey, and him feeding their class is dangerous, and obviously midfield, Mitchell, De Goey, NDaicos, JDaicos, Pendles, Crisp, Lipinski etc big fan.

And forward, Bobby Hill is a live wire, Elliott is good, Ginnivan when he's back, McStay, Mihochek being released from being the "main one" and Beau McCreery has alot of forward pressure.

Obviously, the other 4 mentioned will make the 8.

Richmond was the only other one i saw people dropping out? maybe Carlton, but Carlton look like they're just gonna keep getting better, their top end talent is freakishly good, Richmond bring in two good mids and i have Lynch winning the Coleman.

Fremantle maybe? but again their defense is very good, their midfield is very good & their forwardline does enough to get them into the 8, although not sure how they can keep going into finals without better forwards.

Dogs could sneak in.

And again, this is where I am with the crows. I just ain't buying the hype. And their supporters have been distinctly low key since 2017 which is a delightful change and one that I endorse for the rest of my days.
Agreed.
I'm surprised the cows finished as high as they did last season & I don't see them getting any better.
Hopefully keep their lot quiet for another 12 months for you. Port the same, can't see them improving much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane, Melbourne, Geelong, Sydney, Collingwood will be my top 5 (not in order here)

I see people dropping Collingwood out, but McStay is gonna be very good for them, yes they had small wins and close margins in 2022 but their side is very good, defense looks really good, plenty of players who do their roles, McStay up forward is gonna be huge, Mitchell comes in and fixes alot of their midfield issues & his connection is already super strong with De Goey, and him feeding their class is dangerous, and obviously midfield, Mitchell, De Goey, NDaicos, JDaicos, Pendles, Crisp, Lipinski etc big fan.

And forward, Bobby Hill is a live wire, Elliott is good, Ginnivan when he's back, McStay, Mihochek being released from being the "main one" and Beau McCreery has alot of forward pressure.

Richmond was the only other one i saw people dropping out? maybe Carlton, but Carlton look like they're just gonna keep getting better, their top end talent is freakishly good, Richmond bring in two good mids and i have Lynch winning the Coleman.

Fremantle maybe? but again their defense is very good, their midfield is very good & their forwardline does enough to get them into the 8, although not sure how they can keep going into finals without better forwards.

Dogs could sneak in.
How about you post your prediction and quit trying to make others the same as yours.

Dogs could sneak in.

I've got Richmond in place of Collingwood in my top 5.

Dogs could sneak in.

People were saying the same thing about Port the year before - primed to go one better etc, didn't even make the 8. On the flip side Pies were a spoon favourite - it's hard to predict but VERY rarely is it the same as the year before

Only sure things IMO are Dees, Lions and Cats

Even with these three... you never know. Cats could struggle w/o Selwood as well as injuries to Hawkins and Henry, Dees/Lions I'm pretty confident will be great but any team can implode

Swans aren't a sure thing - defenders were pretty much all at their career best at the same time, no guarantees that happens again. Reid/Buddy can't be relied upon for a whole season. Could slip down like a lot of teams who lose GFs do

Tigers I've already mentioned, not convinced on them. Hoopers/Taranto don't replace say '17 Edwards, Cotchin and Martin

People were saying the same thing about Port the year before - primed to go one better etc, didn't even make the 8. On the flip side Pies were a spoon favourite - it's hard to predict but VERY rarely is it the same as the year before

Only sure things IMO are Dees, Lions and Cats

Even with these three... you never know. Cats could struggle w/o Selwood as well as injuries to Hawkins and Henry, Dees/Lions I'm pretty confident will be great but any team can implode

Swans aren't a sure thing - defenders were pretty much all at their career best at the same time, no guarantees that happens again. Reid/Buddy can't be relied upon for a whole season. Could slip down like a lot of teams who lose GFs do

Tigers I've already mentioned, not convinced on them. Hoopers/Taranto don't replace say '17 Edwards, Cotchin and Martin
Fair enough, but that's footy, but the thing is there's more backing and more reasonable and sane backing behind the teams i've named in the 8 or in the top 10, than just saying any team could implode, because any team could, besides maybe Dees and Lions, but even then Dees forwardline worry anyone?

Ok apparently Fogarty is a good chance to win the coleman.....might gave to change my mind on the crows 😆

LOL, where was this posted?
Saw it posted by a freo bloke in the supercoach thread who had jumped on the odds offered, and mentioned a lot on their board had done the same. Not sure if it was legit (he posted a legit receipt of a $5 bet) or whether he was having a laugh at (potential?) melts from their non-official first praccy match vs the crows where they were touched up a bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back