Prediction Ladder predictions

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
The most realistic finish for us would be somewhere between 7th and 5th. We are not good enough yet to make the top 4. I need to see us beat teams like Port Adelaide and West Coast to believe we are a real shot.

ottoman

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2014
Istanbul
AFL Club
Collingwood
Also want to know how the **** I ended up with Carlton winning five of their last nine but if it ****s their draft it works for me.
More importantly I want to know how the **** you have Hawthorn only winning 3 more games.
They have the cruisiest run home of any team in the history of histories.

didaksrightfoot

Premiership Player
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Juventus
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...s/news-story/092e79f225235d2974230d6f05e55f59

Herald Sun matched my ladder finish. Have us losing to Richmond and Sydney. I only had us losing to Richmond.

(Sorry Paywall so I cant see their ladder or predictions - only responding to your comments)

I think that is hugely overating us. No way we only lose 1 or 2 games for the rest of the season.

Richmond and Sydney are very likely losses, then all of North, WCE, Ess, Port and Freo (depending on tank mode) are 50:50 games (listed in order of difficulty) - could easily see us dropping 2-3 of those games. (Hopefully we go 4-1... I would be extremely surprised by 5-0 - we are not that good)

And the thing is, with only 10pts separating 2nd to 10th anything can happen over the rest of the season.

El cane

All Australian
Mar 28, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
based on odds, if Richmond win and Adel win. this weekend and of Course the Mighty Pies win. we Should** be 2nd.
Wouldn’t that make a great weekend. I think the crows are a chance but eagles traditionally match up well against them. Hoping for the crows to come to life though and to start knocking off some of the other top 8 teams to boost our ladder position.
Gee the suns have a tall team don’t they, only 2 players below 180cm and a lot over 190cm. I imagine they will be kicking long and high to their forwards. I hope Jezza, Shaz and Dunne can cover them, there’s a big height differential. We will need a lot of heat in the middle to slow down their forward entries.

domin8tors

Club Legend
Jun 23, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Wouldn’t that make a great weekend. I think the crows are a chance but eagles traditionally match up well against them. Hoping for the crows to come to life though and to start knocking off some of the other top 8 teams to boost our ladder position.
Gee the suns have a tall team don’t they, only 2 players below 180cm and a lot over 190cm. I imagine they will be kicking long and high to their forwards. I hope Jezza, Shaz and Dunne can cover them, there’s a big height differential. We will need a lot of heat in the middle to slow down their forward entries.
yeah the only thing is that their struggles are more around their midfield and getting the ball into the F50. even with Trloar out we should dominate the inside 50's something like 55-60 to 40-45. this is possibly our last chance to get a nice %%% booster so fingers crossed we can have a nice 50+ point win.

ottoman

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2014
Istanbul
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not looking good for us.
I reckon Bucks will be gone at the end of the season.

upload_2018-6-30_1-17-33.png

Aishole

Premiership Player
Oct 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Geelong could very well miss the 8 from here. Could easily lose 5 of the next 6, but more likely to lose maybe 4.
They have a decent list with a trash coach, who don’t aim to play any sort of exciting attacking footy like the geelong of old.
Some of their final scores this year - 45-63, 50-84, 84-50, 73-45.

They scored 100 against suns, saints and hawks.. thats it.
We’ve hit the mark 7 times.

Hope they scrape into the 8, because they’re probably the worse performed finals team of the last 5 years and will be eliminated easily. And will keep their braindead coach thinking their near a flag and he’ll pick up more old stars like Murphy and continue to be there abouts, but never ACTUALLY a shot.

Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Geelong could very well miss the 8 from here. Could easily lose 5 of the next 6, but more likely to lose maybe 4.
They have a decent list with a trash coach, who don’t aim to play any sort of exciting attacking footy like the geelong of old.
Some of their final scores this year - 45-63, 50-84, 84-50, 73-45.

They scored 100 against suns, saints and hawks.. thats it.
We’ve hit the mark 7 times.

Hope they scrape into the 8, because they’re probably the worse performed finals team of the last 5 years and will be eliminated easily. And will keep their braindead coach thinking their near a flag and he’ll pick up more old stars like Murphy and continue to be there abouts, but never ACTUALLY a shot.
They played a garbage style against us and you're right, against most teams they do. They literally just sit players behind the ball all the time and try to create as many stoppages as they can from what i have seen.

Aishole

Premiership Player
Oct 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
They played a garbage style against us and you're right, against most teams they do. They literally just sit players behind the ball all the time and try to create as many stoppages as they can from what i have seen.
Yep. I refuse to have any respect for a team that chooses to play like this.
Also, correct me if im wrong, but i don’t think a team has had any premiership success trying to play like that in recent times?

Darkyprotector

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
I feel we're got Sydney covered

Not too worried about the foghorns ( north), freo who's gun wil be in the holster

The only game I'm worried about is the bombers

Happy with the tigers and port

There our competition. And will provide a litmus test

And Richmond are getable , they run forward of the ball always and force it forward as they tend to win clearances or create a new one with a knock on
Simple game plan , but effective

Port NOW play the same

If bear can deliver it will help heaps against them

Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yep. I refuse to have any respect for a team that chooses to play like this.
Also, correct me if im wrong, but i don’t think a team has had any premiership success trying to play like that in recent times?
Just thinking of the recent premiers and no they haven't. Seems to be a very defensive game plan, as Ross Lyon has shown it can't win a premiership

Aishole

Premiership Player
Oct 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just thinking of the recent premiers and no they haven't. Seems to be a very defensive game plan, as Ross Lyon has shown it can't win a premiership
Spot on. Doesn’t stand up in finals, hence geelongs poor record of 3-8 in the last few years. With a few of those losses being genuine pumpings

May 29, 2008
Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
SS Lazio
Geelong are the worst side of the 8. I don’t agree that they have a great list though. Danger and Ablett are good but Selwood and co are done. They are just trimmings.

How we lost to them I don’t know though it was one of the only two games this year in which we have been out coached or made a genuine error in team selection ( that game and against Hawthorn btw).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
Using the new and "improved" AFL Ladder Predictor, this is what I've come up with after analyzing each game as non-bias as possible.

I have us losing to Richmond, Syndey, Port and Weagles.

I am pretty confident we could beat the West Coast at the MCG, same with Port, but I have to put that as a loss for arguments sake. According to this however, we get a good game against the Cats which we should be able to win. As for that, Richmond would probably beat the Eagles which would mean we would have a rough trip to WA which will most likely end our season.
ladder prediction 1st July 2018.PNG

leahcar

Debutant
Apr 18, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
haha! just came on to post that. Also freo losing! hope they have to lose round 23 to move up the draft one spot.

Back