Prediction LADDER PREDICTOR - ROUND 5 - IN THE TOP FOUR

Remove this Banner Ad

It occurred to me that if the Saints are going to improve this year then our first 8 games are critical to setting us up for a shot at some September action. So I had a cursory look at the AFL Ladder predictor, and lo and behold, I have us winning our first four games and sitting pretty at the top of the ladder going into our second set of four matches.

At this stage it occurred to me that I might not know as much about footy as I like to think. I thought I would get a better result if the predictor was a reflection of what the group thinks. Kind of similar to what Persevering Saint did a couple of years running, but instead of just the Saints games lets have a crack at the whole competition. We're all experts here, am I right. I mean come on...we have the best people here folks. The best. Nobody knows more about footy than us, right? It's gonna be great. Trust me.

So tell me who the winners are going to be in Round 1, and every four days I will tally the votes and create a ladder based on our collective predictions, before moving onto the next round. It will be a great gauge of which teams we think are on the rise and which are on the slide.

EDIT:
  • ROUND 4 HAS CLOSED.
  • I'M TRYING TO KEEP THIS ALL IN THE ONE THREAD AND JUST EDIT THE THREAD TITLE TO REFLECT THE CURRENT ROUND
  • REFER TO POST #79 FOR ROUND 4 RESULTS, AND AN END OF ROUND 4 PREMIERSHIP LADDER
1549969392957.png

Last edited:
Winners:
1. Tigers
2. Pies
3. Demons
4. Crows
5. Dogs
6. Eagles
7. Saints
8. Giants
9. North

Hardest game to pick was Dockers vs North, tipped the Roos based on their recruiting alone. But dockers at home are a real chance.

\1|Blues|vs|Tigers|Thu|7:20pm|MCG|
\2|Pies|vs|Cats|Fri|7:50pm|MCG|
\3|Demons|vs|Port|Sat|1:45pm|MCG|
\4|Crows|vs|Hawks|Sat|4:05pm|AO|
\5|Dogs|vs|Swans|Sat|7:25pm|MARV|
\6|Lions|vs|Eagles|Sat|7:20pm|GABBA|
\7|Saints|vs|Suns|Sun|1:10pm|MARV|
\8|Giants|vs|Bombers|Sun|3:20pm|SHOWGR|
\9|Dockers|vs|North|Sun|3:20pm|OPTUS|

early upset to be Essendon beating GWS at home and the Dogs to beat the Swans ..
Brisbane vs WCE will be closer than people will expect but WCE will take home the win
the dockers will come out flying and belt North
Saints will beat GCS but i dont think it would be a game for the ages ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

\1|Blues|vs|Tigers|Thu|7:20pm|MCG|
\2|Pies|vs|Cats|Fri|7:50pm|MCG|
\3|Demons|vs|Port|Sat|1:45pm|MCG|
\4|Crows|vs|Hawks|Sat|4:05pm|AO|
\5|Dogs|vs|Swans|Sat|7:25pm|MARV|
\6|Lions|vs|Eagles|Sat|7:20pm|GABBA|
\7|Saints|vs|Suns|Sun|1:10pm|MARV|
\8|Giants|vs|Bombers|Sun|3:20pm|SHOWGR|
\9|Dockers|vs|North|Sun|3:20pm|OPTUS|

Ladder Round 1

Saints
Tigers
Swans
Demons
Crows
Giants
Lions
Dockers

Cats
Pies
North
Eagles
Bombers
Hawks
Port
Dogs
Blues
Suns

Well the group has spoken. The Tigers, Demons, Crows & Saints are off to the perfect start with no votes registered against these four teams. The Eagles are also hotly tipped (15-4) to begin their title defense with a win against the Lions. The Giants and the Dockers polled strongly to beat out the Bombers and Norf (obligatory LOL) by 14 votes to 5. The Pies and Swans are expected to work a little harder it seems but they also headed their opponents in a 12-7 count.

At the end of the first Round the premiership ladder has the Saints in the top 4 and the sack Richo thread is ominously quiet.

1548086174171.png
1548086224203.png

On to Round 2. Will the Tigers dampen the early hopes of Pies fans? Will Richo select horses for courses and blood some pacey debutants to nullify the Essendon quicks? Can the Demons travel to Skilled stadium under lights and continue their emergence as a powerhouse? And who will bounce back from North, Hawks and the Dogs? Get your tips in lads and ladies.

\ROUND 2
\1|Tigers|vs|Pies|Thu|7:20pm|MCG
\2|Swans|vs|Crows|Fri|7:50pm|SCG
\3|Bombers|vs|Saints|Sat|4:35pm|MARVEL
\4|Port|vs|Blues|Sat|4:40pm|AO
\5|Cats|vs|Demons|Sat|7:25pm|GMHBA
\6|Eagles|vs|Giants|Sat|5:10pm|OPTUS
\7|North|vs|Lions|Sun|1:10pm|MARV
\8|Hawks|vs|Dogs|Sun|3:20pm|MCG
\9|Suns|vs|Dockers|Sun|3:40pm|METRICON
\----|------------|----|------------|-------|------------|------------

Remove this Banner Ad