Social Science Ladies of BF: What has posting here taught you about men?

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously BF is 99% male. There's a lot of "guy talk" and the like. I imagine the ladies that post here probably get a fairly unique insight into the male psyche.

So, over to you ladies. What has posting on BF taught you about men?

Little. Bigfooty men (in all their cross-section diversity) and mainstream men are largely similar, nothing new. I don't usually think about other posters here on a gendered basis, although typically male posters is the complacent presumption (harmless in itself).

The more generalised boards like General Discussion naturally veer into dorky male discussions, but I mostly just stick to the hobby boards. Like anything on the internet, you see what you deserve, your goings are your filter. Dark parts of the male psyche and mob mentalities are on Bigfooty, but I seldom come across it based on my wanderings, largely a good bunch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That once men find out that youre a woman you get the stupidest ******* PMs
This.

Like you’ve never seen a girl before.

Bunch of idiots lol

That once men find out that youre a woman you get the stupidest ******* PMs
This.

Like you’ve never seen a girl before.

Bunch of idiots lol
So true. Clicked to post something along these lines haha. That's why I stick to gender neutral usernames

Also threads like *awkward flirting* and *guide to getting the women of desire* show that overthinking when it comes to relationships/romantic interests goes both ways :p

Last edited:
So true. That's why I stick to gender neutral usernames

Also reading thread like *awkward flirting* and *guide to getting the women of desire* show that overthinking when it comes to relationships goes both ways :p
I didn’t really think mine through, as you can tell.

One thing I’ve learnt about men on here is that there will always be someone who thinks it’s his duty to protect you in a heated situation, like I’m some damsel in distress that needs a white knight.

I didn’t really think mine through, as you can tell.

One thing I’ve learnt about men on here is that there will always be someone who thinks it’s his duty to protect you in a heated situation, like I’m some damsel in distress that needs a white knight.
My fave pm was when I had my location as "Avocado Switzerland" because of the avocado debate in the CC thread...some bloke sent me "so...are you really a Swiss Miss? ;)"

"so...are you really a Swiss Miss? ;)"
Haha urgh
If only they were referring this
milk-chocolate-34899.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back