Laidley to coach WCE in 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

freo1

Club Legend
Jul 19, 2006
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not a troll, and i have no direct source, but David Parkin just said on Fox that he has it on good authority that Dean Laidley will be coaching the Eagles next year.

I dont believe it personnally, so dont shoot the messenger, just putting it out there.

Heard Parko say that as well. He said he didnt mean he would be head coach, but on the coaching panel.

that'd make more sense to me, and i'd believe that, i didnt hear him say that part though. i just heard him say laidley to coach WCE in 2011. He was confusing me with how he was saying it! lol

You know what, Dean Laidley gets given a lot of crap, but he certainly know how to coach winning sides - yes yes the Roos did not win a flag in his time there but he did well with the personnel he had.

Personally, as it stands at the moment (because my opinions will change down the track), Dean Laidley would be a good replacement for Woosha.

You know what, Dean Laidley gets given a lot of crap, but he certainly know how to coach winning sides - yes yes the Roos did not win a flag in his time there but he did well with the personnel he had.

Personally, as it stands at the moment (because my opinions will change down the track), Dean Laidley would be a good replacement for Woosha.

If i was an eagles fan, i'd be crossing my fingers and hoping that Laidley does in fact become their coach. An amazing game day coach, and great with kids. For him to get North to where he did with the list he had was an awesome effor. My personal opinion is he's a much better coach than worsfold. The fact that Worsfold won a flag counts for little in this as well given the list that worsfold had.

Cant see it myself. The most obvious scenario is Choco to a Victorian club ( maybe Essendon ) Laidley to coach Port.

You know Dean is West Australian and used to play for the Eagles right?

Not that having a 'soft spot' would triumph over a better salary package, mind you.

why leave port - where he's likely to take over in 2012 - to start again at a new club in essentially the same position?

presumably there'd be more $$ on offer from the cashed-up coasters, but he's more likely to be the senior coach at port sooner.

why leave port - where he's likely to take over in 2012 - to start again at a new club in essentially the same position?

presumably there'd be more $$ on offer from the cashed-up coasters, but he's more likely to be the senior coach at port sooner.

The way the eagles are going I wouldn't be so sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^ THIS

Can't see it happening unless it is for the Head Coach position.

Laidley walking out on his 2 year contract with Port Adelaide? He'd have to have an inbuilt head coaching clause if he were I would imagine.

Laidley joins Power, Cripps stays

<SNIP>

Laidley has been appointed for two years.

<SNIP>

Be a big loss to Port Adelaide. He and Choco are the only two very good coaches in our box.

Would love Laidley as Wooshas only assistant next year. One of the problems with having big piles of cash is that you end up with 300 imbecilic hanger-ons each putting in 2c worth and ruining the broth. Its time WC cleaned out and went with woosha and one right hand man. Laidley is a perfect choice - the man eats nails so he will compliment woosha, who everyone thinks eats nails, but...

Woosha is a good spiritual leader, laidley is a ruthless tactician. Good mix.

Would love Laidley as Wooshas only assistant next year. One of the problems with having big piles of cash is that you end up with 300 imbecilic hanger-ons each putting in 2c worth and ruining the broth. Its time WC cleaned out and went with woosha and one right hand man. Laidley is a perfect choice - the man eats nails so he will compliment woosha, who everyone thinks eats nails, but...

Woosha is a good spiritual leader, laidley is a ruthless tactician. Good mix.

i bite my nails.... that's gotta be close to eating...... does that mean i'm tough and will be a good coach?

i bite my nails.... that's gotta be close to eating...... does that mean i'm tough and will be a good coach?

Not unless you grew up in Balga on a diet of cheap bourbon & frozen pies and had a Malcom Young mullet for most of the 80's.

WCE will never get rid of Worsfold.

There are some big changes happening at board level atm... new chairman required and some waves being made - wanting to make a mark etc. A couple of senior Eagles would be watching thier backs right now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back