Lame Jokes Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

The police are doing a patrol of a busy 80 km per hour road when they observe a car traveling at 20 km per hour. It continues to travel at this speed for some time, and the police pull over the vehicle. Inside there is an elderly couple, the husband at the wheel looking calm and relaxed, but in the passenger seat the wife is clutching a handle, absolutely rigid and has a look of abject terror on her face.

"Sir, could you please explain why you were driving at 20 km/hour on this road?" the first policeman asks.

The old man looks confused. "But officer, the speed limit on this road is 20 km per hour. I saw this blue sign with 20 on it."

The first policeman realizes what has happened and laughs. "No sir, the blue sign is to advise of the road number, and this road is road number 20. The speed limit is 80 km per hour, and the speed limit signs are white signs with black numbers inside a red circle."

The elderly man looks relieved. "Oh, I'm sorry officer, thanks for clarifying that. I promise you it won't happen again."

As this was a simple misunderstanding easily sorted out the police decide not to issue an infringement. "That's okay sir, you have a nice day."

The two police officers turn to leave, but notice that the wife is still in a catatonic state in the front passenger seat, her face still etched in terror. "Actually sir, before you go, can we just ask if your wife is okay? She doesn't need a doctor?" asks the second police officer.

The old man shakes his head. "No officers, I think she should be fine. She's been that way ever since we were driving along Road 210, and she was just the same the other day when we took Road 180."

What do you get if you cross Boney M with Taco?

Rasputin on the Ritz.
Did you hear about the Irish inventor, who crossed a red hot poker with a forget me not, and came up with a painful reminder?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back