Lana Del Rey

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Any fans?

Surprised there isn't already a dedicated thread, but given there's one on Taylor Swift surely there's a couple floating around.

I've only gotten into her music the past couple of years, but I'm now a fan. Norman ******* Rockwell got a heap of deserved hype, and IMO her songwriting probably peaked on that LP. That Born to Die (Paradise Edition) LP has some really nice songs as well.

This is her best song IMO:

She has so much music, I haven't even got around to listening to NFR at all. At the moment I'm really enjoying "Honeymoon".

Also, from a non musical point of view, she's easily one of the best dressed singers/popstars in recent times. She doesn't need to go prancing around like she's about to do a shift in a brothel like some of these other hacks. She is quite beautiful, and clearly realises she doesn't need to do this to look good. There's a few things she's worn that I'd buy if they were available.

Didn't pay much attention to her before NFR, but really enjoyed that album so will no doubt give the new one a listen.

I remember watching this performance back in the day. Definitely one the better late night appearances I've seen. Makes me feel a bit bad for buying to all the bad press she got in the beginning.

Any reviews on the new record?

I loved her first one. Ultraviolence wasn't bad. Then there were a couple that were just forgettable, farted out dross - but then Norman ******* Rockwell was her magnum opus.

I'm not sure I want to listen to the new one if it's another of those forgettable albums, I feel like it'll take some gloss of NFR.

• Banned
Any reviews on the new record?

I loved her first one. Ultraviolence wasn't bad. Then there were a couple that were just forgettable, farted out dross - but then Norman ******* Rockwell was her magnum opus.

I'm not sure I want to listen to the new one if it's another of those forgettable albums, I feel like it'll take some gloss of NFR.

Title track is a gem, would have fit in well in NFR. There's a couple of nice tracks, but overall it feels like the offcuts of her last album. Not sure she has it in her to go up another gear, but it's possible. NFR was her My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy or MAAD City. Complete self-awareness and absorption in the songwriting process. Gets better with every listen, still.

Reckon she should put out a compilation album at some point. Outside of NFR she's just not much of an album artist - she knows how to radiate through a few key ideas, which will come out as a couple of singles and some nice peripheral tracks, but most her LP's fall flat over their usually lengthy running times.

Didn't pay much attention to her before NFR, but really enjoyed that album so will no doubt give the new one a listen.

I remember watching this performance back in the day. Definitely one the better late night appearances I've seen. Makes me feel a bit bad for buying to all the bad press she got in the beginning.

Some mightily impressive breath control throughout this. And of course, as ever, Lana is effortlessly elegant.

I really like the song 'West Coast' and thought the album it was on was pretty good.

I probably need to check out her latest stuff.

Just stop there tbh
I didn't mind White Dress. But yeah probably her weakest album with Lust for Life.

Re- Lana in general there's at least 20 songs I really enjoy. Can't say that about too many artists.

I really like the song 'West Coast' and thought the album it was on was pretty good.

I probably need to check out her latest stuff.
My favourite song of hers.

Dont listen to her...not really my wheel house...
But I like the song Video Games, and I like looking at her...
Is that off one of the "good" albums?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How was this not a smash hit?

Cool song.

Bit of a weird vocal, and tbh the lyrics and subject matter - broadly speaking - have been done to death, but it’s endearing.

I’ve had Happiness Is A Butterfly and * It I Love You on loop the past couple of weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back