Recommitted Lance Buddy Franklin [re-signed for 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

I know he's listed as a restricted free agent on the AFL's latest updates, but surely given he moved as a free agent before, he would be an unrestricted free agent this time? Players who move as "pre-agents" or are traded as free agents (like Jeremy Cameron) would reset to zero, but otherwise it's supposed to be lifetime free agency now I think?

I know he's listed as a restricted free agent on the AFL's latest updates, but surely given he moved as a free agent before, he would be an unrestricted free agent this time? Players who move as "pre-agents" or are traded as free agents (like Jeremy Cameron) would reset to zero, but otherwise it's supposed to be lifetime free agency now I think?

I thought the same but the wording of the rule leaves it open that if it's not a qualifying for free agency with the original club then you aren't auto for unrestricted free agent thereafter. I was sure when I saw it that they'd stuffed it up but maybe they thought that nobody would ever be qualifying a second time for eight years service and being in the top 9/10 players at the club at that time.

Jacinta wants to move the family either to WA or to the Gold Coast eventually.

I wonder how many people would have honestly thought when we signed Buddy at the end of 2013 that there would be a genuine discussion in 2022 to extend his contract.

I'd expect it was $1.05 odds that he was retired before now and Sydney were carrying his pay in the cap - but that was the risk.

A 2023 forward line consisting of buddy , heeney, dusty and papley is moderately dangerous

How I'd love to be in a position as a supporter where I could list the stars of my team's forward line next year and be able to not mention players as good as Gulden and McDonald because they're not as proven as others mentioned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder how many people would have honestly thought when we signed Buddy at the end of 2013 that there would be a genuine discussion in 2022 to extend his contract.

Played at least 17 games a season as well, aside from 2019.

If Buddy were to return back to wa he would go to WCE. Fremantle are a plastic club. WCE are the true heart and soul of WA
We've been called many things, but plastic is a new one. Good work Mr Random

He has missed well over a season worth of football over the contract. Will be interesting to see how he goes with the thought of another pre-season.

If anything it would be a heavily managed final year to assist the development of the young forwards.

He has missed well over a season worth of football over the contract. Will be interesting to see how he goes with the thought of another pre-season.

If anything it would be a heavily managed final year to assist the development of the young forwards.

I think Buddy will want to go another year as he seems like the sort who just loves playing footy and he will want to continue going for as long as he possibly can. He isn't the best key forward in the competition anymore, but I do think he is probably still top 10 which is pretty damn impressive for someone his age.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back