Recommitted Lance Buddy Franklin [re-signed for 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Would love to see him kicking 50 m bombs on Metricon. Like Trent McKenzie would

That's fair, but you're in your window now. Surely you endeavour fix the clear deficiency now, and add cherry on top players like Buddy (at this point at least) once that's sorted?

Your forward line is bloody strong without Buddy, but who can realistically play that defensive midfielder role in a Premiership team next season? Robertson would be the most likely for mine, unless one of Lyons or Mathieson completely reinvents themselves as a player.

Prior + Berry are more than likely going to be our defensive runners in the middle (+ Ashcroft).

Plus our smalls provide a fair bit of pressure up forward anyway, you just have to look at Charlie who has basically reinvented himself this year with his insane 2nd and 3rd efforts

I hope Brisbane don't take him. Obviously he is legend but he's well past it now

Just doesnt seem like a good use of capspace.

I suppose the thought process is "why not" when most of the draft hand is going to Ashcroft. Teams are going to be able to walk out of that forwardline though

All of this is is true. But how much worse can it get when they waltz out of there at will anyway now?

I'm conflicted. I don't really mind if Buddy leaves the Swans.

He's given us great service, but I don't think we need him anymore.

I would love to be able to get a chance to watch him live half a dozen times before he retires too, but Brisbane are my second team and the more I think about it, this move doesn't make sense.

Brisbane don't have trouble scoring, IMO the main value of McStay (which I think they can easily offset elsewhere anyway) is the legitimate marking treat he provides up the ground. Buddy isn't that player, he's far more alike the other Brisbane key forwards - is 3 of them in 1 forward line a great idea?

Just don't think of them as forwards. Think of them as 2 metre tall mobile half forwards that play on the wing, and then deliver to our marking forwards, Cameron, McCarthy & Rayner. :D

The thing that strikes me as bizarre is why would buddy tell the club now leading into finals.

Why wouldn't he just roll out the put contract talks on hold line. I find it hard to believe he's told the club at this stage of the season he will be playing for a competing finals team next season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doubtful,

If Brisbane offer two years I doubt Sydney match the offer.

Would have to be two years at a high wage for anything via free agency, but it will be minimal due to his age.
Of course we're not going to match the offer, we'll move on rather quickly. I'm talking about picks.;)

Discussion regarding picks can be directed to the AFL and their compensation system ;)
Oh, well then.

mike tyson darts GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back