Lance Franklin reported for this incident involving Connor Menadue

Remove this Banner Ad

On the subject of Franklin, the umpires need to start penalising him for palm thrusting guys in the throat. It should be considered striking and paid a free kick or even 50 meters. Pushing and shoving is part of the game. He doesn't push and shove. He strikes at the neck.

If he connected with the head first then he is gone, if not then he is clear.

That footage wasn't clear though

Shouldn't have been reported, but was.
Certain players would get a week or two (Lewis, Waite, May, Hawkins and others). Franklin will get off.
So he should be free to play. Correct outcome, just the process a tad shady.

Just my opinion on this, could be wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we're going off still images... here is Buddy "choking" Rance just before Riewoldt's "jumper punch".

View attachment 382907

Where are the hands around the throat might have a finger resting near there. It's not like Rance doesn't like a bit of acting and diving as we all saw yesterday. At least Buddy can take a chest palm without going over.

Anyway media will have their go at Franklin but he will get the all clear as there was nothing in it. I loved seeing both teams having a crack and felt it was under what is allowed. I'm not an advocate for a sanitised game. I only posted the image of Riewoldt to show how much of a joke I think this incident is. (Nothing for Riewoldt to answer to either)

Where are the hands around the throat might have a finger resting near there. It's not like Rance doesn't like a bit of acting and diving as we all saw yesterday. At least Buddy can take a chest palm without going over.

Anyway media will have their go at Franklin but he will get the all clear as there was nothing in it. I loved seeing both teams having a crack and felt it was under what is allowed. I'm not an advocate for a sanitised game. I only posted the image of Riewoldt to show how much of a joke I think this incident is. (Nothing for Riewoldt to answer to either)
Exactly! It's a still shot. You can't read too much from them. Same with Riewoldt's jumper punch.

Nothing will come of this, Menadue turned his body at the last second and avoided a potential future in a wheelchair. But Franklin's lack of self-control is going to land him in very hot water. He's a dangerous man when he can't get a kick.

Clearly gets low and I know its a long bow to draw but Id say he has plenty of alternatives there instead he decides to lay a bump which copped a bloke high, Opted to bump a guy who has chucked his head over the ball. I never liked this about Buddy's game even when he played for Hawks he would make these kind of rash decisions every now and again.

Pffft. Superstar in a developing market. No chance of a suspension.

"Low Impact, Medium Force"

Fine.

This ^

At Hawthorn - the week

At Sydney - $1,000 or no charge

LOL This too....

At Hawthorn a week – What a load

He escaped suspension a few times at the Hawks too

Hawks have done ok with a few incidents with other players so it’s not like they are the poor victims with the MRP.

Buddy walks a fine line and will always come under scrutiny. His height is often his enemy as he tries to lay bumps that players his size will get people high. He was judged under a different system at the Hawks so to draw the poor Hawthorn conclusion is just well just Hawthorn supporters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back