Remove this Banner Ad

Langers is Life

Team Captain
Feb 18, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
GWS
Much like other posters I don't claim to be an expert, I just say what I see as well as getting an idea of players I'm not too sure on from other posters. This first post is a power rankings, after Trade period is finished I'll be updating with my phantom draft. Happy to explain any of my selections and answer any other questions.
*Update* Removed my comparisons as others were focusing more on that than the actual Draft Rankings

1. Luke Davies-Uniacke (Vic Country)

Position: Inside Midfielder
Team: Dandenong Stingrays
Draft Range: 1-3

2. Paddy Dow (Vic Country)
Position: Balanced Midfielder
Team: Bendigo Pioneers
Draft Range: 1-4

3. Adam Cerra (Vic Metro)
Team: Eastern Ranges
Draft Range: 2-8

4. Cameron Rayner (Vic Metro)
Position: General Forward/ Balanced Midfielder
Team: Western Jets
Draft Range: 2-8

5. Jaidyn Stephenson (Vic Metro)
Position: Outside Midfielder
Draft Range: 3-10

6. Nicholas Coffield (Vic Metro)
Position: General Defender/Outside Midfielder
Team: Northern Knights
Draft Range: 5-10

7. Darcy Fogarty (South Australia)
Position: General Forward
Team: Glenelg

8. Aaron Naughton (Western Australia)
Position: Key Defender
Team: Peel Thunder

9. Jarrod Brander (Allies)
Position: Key Forward/ Key Defender
Draft Range: 6-15

10. Andrew Brayshaw (Vic Metro)
Team: Sandringham Dragons
Draft Range: 9-18

11. Hunter Clark (Vic Country)
Position: Inside Midfielder/ General Defender
Draft Range: 10-20

12. Jack Higgins (Vic Metro)
Position: General Forward/ Inside Midfielder
Team: Oakleigh Chargers

13. Noah Balta (Vic Metro)
Team: Calder Cannons

14. Charlie Constable (Vic Metro)
Position: General Defender/ Outside Midfielder

15. Sam Hayes (Vic Metro)
Position: Key Forward/ Ruckman
Draft Range: 15-20

16. Nathan Murphy (Vic Metro)
Position: General Defender/ General Forward
Draft Range: 15-20

17. Matthew Ling (Vic Country)
Team: Geelong Falcons
Draft Range: 15-25

18. Patrick Naish (Vic Metro) Richmond F/S
Draft Range: 15-25

19. Oscar Allen (Western Australia)
Position: Key Forward
Team: West Perth
Draft Range 18-30

20. Lachlan Fogarty (Vic Metro)
Draft Range: 18-30

21. Joel Garner (Vic Metro)
Position: General Defender/ Balanced Midfielder

22. Lochie O'Brien (Vic Country)

23. Aidan Bonar (Vic Country)
Draft Range: 18-30 (Although if I had to tip a bolter from 20+ it'd be Aidan)

24. Connor Ballenden (Allies) Brisbane Academy
Position: Key Defender/ Key Forward
Team: University of Queensland

25. Jack Petrucelle (Vic Metro)
Draft Range: 20-30

26. Ryley Stoddart (Vic Metro)
Position: General Defender
Draft Range: 20-30

27. Jackson Ross (Vic Metro)
Position: Outside Midfielder/ General Forward
Draft Range: 20-35

28. Callum Coleman-Jones (South Australia)
Position: Ruck/ Key Forward
Team: Sturt

29. Dylan Moore (Vic Metro)

30. Zac Bailey (Allies)
Team: Southern Districts
Draft Range: 25-40

31. Ed Richards (Vic Metro)

32. James Worpel (Vic Country)

33. Charlie Spargo (Allies)
Team: Murray Bushrangers

34. Sam Taylor (Western Australia)
Team: Swan Districts
Draft Range: 25- 40

35. Harrison Petty (South Australia)
Team: Norwood
Draft Range: 30+

36. Brayden Crossley (Allies) Gold Coast Academy
Position: Ruck
Team: Labrador Tigers

37. Oscar Clavarino (Vic Country)

38. Jordan Houlahan (South Australia)

39. Gryan Miers (Vic Country)

40. Andrew McPherson (South Australia)
Team: Woodville-West Torrens
Draft Range: 35+

On the Cusp
Tyler Brown- Eastern Ranges
Hayden Mclean - Sandringham Dragons
Cassidy Parish- Geelong Falcons
Brandon Starcevich- East Perth

Last edited:
Phantom Draft Round 1
(Post delistings revised round 1 post #46)

Pick 1- Luke Davies-Uniake - Brisbane Lions
H: 187 cm W: 85 kg
Explanation: With Brisbane losing one of the best Inside Midfielders in Tom Rockliff they need a ready made player to come in and fill those shoes, which is something Davies-Uniake can do. The youngster dominated for Dandenong and Vic Country all year and is my clear number 1
Also in contention: Paddy Dow, Cameron Rayner

Pick 2- Cameron Rayner - Fremantle (From Gold Coast)
H: 187 cm W: 88 kg
Position: General Forward/ Balanced Midfielder
Explanation: Fremantle pulled off one of the best trades getting Pick 2 in exchanged for Weller and a later pick, and I think they had this man in mind while doing it. After losing a best 22 forward in they'll be looking to replace him and Rayner has the energy and ability to do that. Long touted as the number 1 pick for this season it's not hard to see why with his performances in the TAC Cup and Vic Metro this year.
Also in Contention: Luke Davies-Uniake, Paddy Dow

Pick 3- Paddy Dow - Carlton
H: 185 cm W: 78 kg
Explanation: Paddy is one of the most complete midfielders in the draft with a willingness to get stuck in and win a contested ball but the ability to also sit on the outside and use his pace to outrun opponents. I think Carlton will be looking to go best available here and it's Paddy or Cerra
Also in Contention: Adam Cerra, Cameron Rayner

Pick 4- Jaidyn Stephenson - North Melbourne
H: 188 cm W: 75 kg
Explanation: Looking at North Melbourne's list they are begging for some outside run and that's exactly what they'll be getting with Stephenson. Stephensons' second half of the year was remarkable and probably the best of any TAC Cup player, with an elite fitness base all he needs is to bulk up a bit and he'll be ready for round 1

Also in Contention: Nicholas Coffield, Adam Cerra

Pick 5- Aaron Naughton - Fremantle
H: 194 cm W: 85 kg
Team: Peel
Explanation: Fremantle have a lot of freedom with their second Top 5 pick in the draft with a range of players that can fill multiple needs. They lost a little bit of midfield depth in the trade period, but also need a decent Key Defender for the future so I think they will either go Naughton or a midfielder like Cerra. Naughton is the best Key Defender going into the draft.

Also in Contention: Adam Cerra, Darcy Fogarty

Pick 6- Nicholas Coffield - Collingwood
H: 190 cm W: 82 kg
Position: General Defender/ Outside Midfielder
Explanation: The logical pick for us is Jarrod Brander here but I have so much hope for us to get Coffield. From the first time I watched Coffield play I rated him, he reminds me of a Scoot Pendlebury when playing midfield as he has so much time with the ball, as well as being a punishing player in defense with a fantastic kick and great mark

Also in Contention: Jarrod Brander, Darcy Fogarty

Pick 7- Adam Cerra - St.Kilda (From Hawthorn)
H: 186 cm W: 80 kg
Explanation: With picks 7 and 8 the Saints are in a great position to bring the best available talent. To me there are no glaring list needs so I have given the saints the best available for both their picks. Cerra is a ready made AFL Midfielder with a great ability to win contested possesions and clearances. He is also a fantastic kick

Also in Contention: Darcy Fogarty, Andrew Brayshaw

Pick 8- Darcy Fogarty - St.Kilda
H: 191 cm W: 94 kg
Team: Glenelg
Explanation: Another best available selection here. Fogarty was everyones tip to go number 1 this year prior to his injury. While he spends a lot of time up forward he has also shown he is good down back in defense as well as in the midfield. At 191 cm and 94 kg he is a tank of a player and with a good run with injury could be a star of the competition

Also in Contention: Andrew Brayshaw, Jarrod Brander

Pick 9- Charlie Constable - Western Bulldogs
H: 191 cm W: 86 kg
Position: General Defender/ Inside Midfielder
Explanation: With the retirements of Robert Murphy and Matthew Boyd the Bulldogs look a little strained in the depth of their defense, in comes Constable. Constable is a fantastic intercept player who has made the backline his own this season with some very good decision making by foot. He is however, not similar to JJ

Also in Contention: Andrew Brayshaw, Jarrod Brander

Pick 10- Jarrod Brander - Carlton (From Melbourne through Adelaide)
H: 194 cm W: 92 kg
Explanation: Carlton at pick 10 is hard to place for me, in all honesty I think the only thing they need is experience but you don't get that from the draft so I've gone best available, although I think Carlton would of had a player in mind when demanded pick 10

Also in Contention: Andrew Brayshaw, Jack Higgins

Pick 11- Jack Higgins - GWS (From Essendon)

H: 177 cm W: 76 kg
Explanation: With the departure of Devon Smith and Steve Johnson along with the unreliability of Deledio's injuries I think GWS will be going into the draft looking to top up their Small Forward stocks. Higgins is ready to go from round 1 being well built physically and having the footy smarts to be there already.

Also in Contention: Hunter Clark, Noah Balta

Pick 12- Andrew Brayshaw - Adelaide (From Port Adelaide through Gold Coast and Brisbane)
H: 183 cm W: 81 kg
Explanation: Andrew is pretty much identical to his older brother Angus, both hard nosed players with a knack for contested ball. Despite the capture of Bryce Gibbs I still feel Adelaide a little bit lacking in depth in the middle, especially if Sloane leaves next year as is being reported.

Also in Contention: Noah Balta, Hunter Clark

Pick 13- Hunter Clark - West Coast
H: 186 cm W: 79 kg
Position: Inside Midfielder/ General Defender
Explanation: With Matt Priddis and Sam Mitchell retiring the Eagles are severely lacking midfield depth in general, but even more so Inside midfielders. Hunter is defintley the best inside midfielder available at this pick and I don't think the Eagles will hesitate to jump on him

Also in Contention: Lachlan Fogarty, Joel Garner

Pick 14- Noah Balta - Sydney
H: 195 cm W: 94 kg
Team: Calder Cannons
Explanation: With Michael Talia being delisted and Heath Grundy getting on I think the most responsible thing to do is for Sydeny to prepare for Grundy's departure. Balta is the best available at this pick, he has shown through the year he can shut down Key Forwards as well as play a more attacking role running out of defense and kicking with his long kick

Also in Contention: Matthew Ling, Nathan Murphy

Pick 15- Nathan Murphy - Brisbane Lions
H: 188 cm W: 80 kg
Position: General Forward/ General Defender
Explanation: Nathan is a very solid all round player. Dangerous around goals and a solid mark up forward, while being able to intercept and shutdown well in defense he generally plays that third tall role at both ends of the ground. Brisbane will be looking to add depth and versatility and Murphy is the perfect fit for that

Also in Contention: Matthew Ling, Oscar Allen

Pick 16- Aidan Bonar - Western Bulldogs (From Adelaide through Carlton)
H: 188 cm W: 86kg
Explanation: Development. Aidan needs nothing more than time to develop and get fit and I think Bulldogs are in the best position to do that. He's the bolter of 2017 and has a huge upside. Largely plays a Jake Stringer type role as the third tall up forward he is seem by most as a future full time midfielder.

Also in Contention: Connor Ballenden, Lochlan Fogarty

Pick 17- Sam Hayes - Richmond
H: 202 cm W: 92 kg
Explanation: I think Hayes is exactly the type of player Tigers need, as it stands they don't have much cover for Toby Nankervis, which is frightening considering how big a role he played for them this season. Will need a year or two to become a regular best 22 player but has shown he is comfortable up forward

Also in Contention: Oscar Allen, Conner Ballenden

Pick 18- Lachlan Fogarty - Brisbane Lions (Free Agency Compensation, Tom Rockliff)

H: 178 cm W: 75 kg
Explanation: Lachlan has proven his ability to play inside and outside throughout the year and it's the type of versatility that Brisbane want with there midfield. With Claye Beams unsigned I'd imagine they want to replinsh their midfield depth

Also in Contention: Matthew Ling, Joel Garner

Pick 19- Patrick Naish - Richmond match bid (Pick 20 used to match, 59 points left over, pick 69 as compensation)
H: 180 cm W: 69 kg
Explanation: The highly rated outside midfielder will be going to Richmond on draft night, it's just a matter of where the bid will come in. He's a quick mover and uses his smarts and agility to beat bigger opponents

Also in Contention: N/A

Pick 20- Matthew Ling - Gold Coast (Free Agency Compensation, Steven Motlop, from Geelong)

H: 183 cm W: 75 kg
Explanation: The Geelong Falcons product is an outstanding player and will add some much need speed and skill with the departure of Gary Ablett.

Also in Contention: Joel Garner, Oscar Allen

Last edited:
Phantom Draft Round 2

Pick 21- Joel Garner - West Coast (From Gold Coast)
H: 184 cm W: 82 kg
Position: General Defender/ Balanced Midfielder
Explanation: Another one for the Eagles that I've thought they'd be looking to add to their midfield depth. Like Hunter Clark, Garner has the ability to do some work down back, although he probably does his best work around stoppages. Would defintley be going top 10 if he had found consistency this season
Also in Contention: Oscar Allen, Lochie O'Brien

Pick 22- Oscar Allen - Geelong (From Carlton)
H: 191 cm W: 82 kg
Team: West Perth
Explanation: I think it's time for Geelong to finally address their Key Forward issues with Harry Taylor only a quick fix, and he's probably more needed in the backline with Lonergan and Mackie retiring. Oscar Allen is a very strong player with fantastic mark and leading ability. Is defintley better deployed as a third tall and can play in defense if required
Also in Contention: Connor Ballenden

Pick 23- Lochie O'Brien - North Melbourne
H: 184 cm W: 77 kg
Explanation: As stated before North Melbournes outside run stocks are pretty much not there and they need to add depth in that area. Lochie O'Brien is a fantastic player with a fantastic kick and elite speed he has earnt comparisons to Nick Dal Santo
Also in Contention: Jackson Ross

Pick 24- Connor Ballenden - Brisbane Match Bid (Picks 40 and 44 used to match, 84 points left over, Pick 66 as compensation)
H: 198 cm W: 95 kg
Team: University of Queensland
Explanation: I don't think there is need for an explanation of why Brisbane would match this pick. Geelong bids on the Key Utility as he is ready to go and fill the role of Mackie or Lonergan down back or Taylor in the forward line. Doesn't matter who or where the bid comes from he'll be a Brisbane player
Also in Contention: N/A

Pick 25- Callum Coleman-Jones - Geelong (From Fremantle through Gold Coast)
H: 199 cm W: 98 kg
Explanation: Geelong go with a development player here. Another one that takes Forward stocks into consideration but he is also ready to go in the ruck. He's a big unit that plays a lot like Toby Nankervis
Also in Contention: Ed Richards, Ryley Stoddart

Pick 26- Ryley Stoddart - Richmond (From Collingwood through GWS, Essendon, Western Bulldogs and Brisbane)
H: 184 cm W: 75 kg
Explanation: The reigning premiers have a solid list and with Hayes and Naish already on board I thought they should start preparing to replace some of their older players. Some of their small defenders are getting on which is highlighted by Bachar Houli turning 30 next season
Also in Contention: Jack Petrucelle, Jackson Ross

Pick 27- Jackson Ross - West Coast (From Hawthorn through Gold Coast)
H: 192 cm W: 74 kg
Position: Outside Midfielder/ General Forward
Explanation: Ross is a fantastic tall midfielder that can go up forward as a third tall. With West Coast going for 1 pure inside midfielder and 1 balanced midfielder I think they need a pure Outside Midfielder. Ross is best deployed along the wing where he's ability to use both feet and kick long is his biggest weapon
Also in Contention: Jack Petrucelle, Dylan Moore

Pick 28- Dylan Moore - GWS (From St.Kilda)
H: 175 cm W: 72 kg
Explanation: With the loss of Bam Bam and Tendai Mzungu I imagine that GWS will be looking to add to their inside midfielder depth. I don't expect Moore to play until his second season as he needs to beef up to play his position successfully
Also in Contention: Charlie Spargo, Jack Petrucelle

Pick 29- Charlie Spargo - GWS (From Western Bulldogs through Carlton)
H: 171 cm W: 70 kg
Team: Murray Bushrangers
Explanation: Again looking to add to their small forward stocks, Spargo was eligible as an academy product for GWS until that was ruled out earlier in the year but I think GWS will be taking him after putting the work in to developing him
Also in Contention: Jack Petrucelle

Pick 30- Gryan Miers - Melbourne
H: 175 cm W: 68 kg
Explanation: Gryan has seen his stocks shoot up after an impressive end to the TAC Cup season and finals series as well as a very good combine. He is a danger around goal kicking 37 goals from 14 games this season
Also in Contention: Jack Petrucelle, Zac Bailey

Pick 31- Jack Petrucelle - Carlton (From Essendon through Western Bulldogs)
Explanation: A bit of a slider in my eyes so Carlton would be stoked getting him here. Specializes in contested ball and possesses elite speed with a 2.82 second 20 meter sprint his acceleration is hard to match
Also in Contention: Zac Bailey, Ed Richards

Pick 32- Zac Bailey - Melbourne (From Port Adelaide)
H: 180 cm W: 68 kg
Team: Southern Districts
Explanation: Preparing for the retirement of Jordan Lewis and possibly Nathan Jones, Zac is a a tough at it midfielder. He will need time to beef up as at 68 kg he isn't throuwing many blokes in the AFL around
Also in Contention: James Worpel

Pick 33- Sam Taylor - West Coast
H: 196 cm W: 85 kg
Team: Swan Districts
Explanation: With Mackenzie getting older and the rumours of McGovern leaving for Crows next year, which may not be true but lets assume they are, it's best to prepare with a ready made Key Defender. Taylor was solid this year in the WAFL and National Championships. Is a fairly limited defender.
Also in Contention: James Worpel, Ed Richards

Pick 34- Ed Richards - Sydney
H: 184 cm W: 77 kg
Explanation: Another selection for the swans that will be preparing for the departure of Mcveigh. Richards is defintley the best defender available at this pick
Also in Contention: Jordan Houlahan

Pick 35- Jordan Houlahan - St.Kilda (From GWS through Hawthorn, Carlton and Port Adelaide)
Explanation: With Billings moving midfield permanently and Gresham heading the same way they need to add some small forward depth and Houlahan is the best option at this selection
Also in Contention: Harrison Petty, Oscar Claravino

Pick 36- Harrison Petty - Geelong
H: 194 cm W: 81 kg
Team: Norwood
Explanation: Petty is a smart footballer who uses his ball reading to beat opponents rather than try to out muscle them. Has shown he is a good kick with a 27/30 score at the combine on the kicking test, unfortunately seems to butcher it a bit under pressure
Also in Contention: Oscar Claravino, Andrew Mcpherson

Pick 37- Hayden McLean - Melbourne (From Adelaide)
H: 197 cm W: 93 kg
Explanation: Hayden's draft stocks fell this season with a poor TAC Cup campaign. His return of 13 goals from 14 games wasn't satisfactory but in 2016 he kicked a respectable 24 from 15. If he can recapture some 2016 form he'll be a good pickup for Melbourne
Also in Contention: Andrew Mcpherson

Pick 38- Andrew McPherson - West Coast (From Richmond through Gold Coast)
H: 186 cm W: 78 kg
Team: Woodville-West Torrens
Explanation: McPherson is a bit of a smokey after having difficulty with injuries but I think he's shown enough class to validate this selection. With Wellingham being delisted and Eagles wanting to have Yeo in the middle more I think McPherson is a selection that allows that
Also in Contention: Brandon Starcevich

Last edited:

Phantom Draft Round 3
I won't be doing explanations for round 3 as my knowledge of the selections here isn't quite good enough to be making comments

Pick 39 - Oscar Clavarino - Collingwood (From Brisbane)
H:195 cm W: 85 kg
Position: Tall Defender

Pick 40 - Brandon Starcevich - Adelaide (From Gold Coast)
Team: East Perth

Pick 41 - James Worpel - Gold Coast (From North Melbourne through Western Bulldogs and Fremantle)
H: 185 cm W: 82 kg

Pick 42- Brayden Crossley - Fremantle (Gold Coast don't match)
H: 198 cm W: 105 kg
Position: Ruck
Team: Labrador Tigers

Pick 43- Ethan Floyd - Hawthorn (From Brisbane)
H: 178 cm W: 67 kg

Pick 44- Kyron Hayden - St.Kilda
H: 185 cm W: 88 kg
Team: Subiaco

Pick 45- Toby Wooller - Port Adelaide (From Western Bulldogs through North Melbourne)
H: 193 cm W: 90 kg
Position: Key Forward/ Ruck

Pick 46- Matthew Day - Melbourne
H: 189 cm W: 78 kg

Pick 47- Hugh Dixon - Essendon
H: 195 cm W: 92 kg
Team: Tassie Mariners

Pick 48- Brayden Ainsworth - Port Adelaide
H: 183 cm W: 75 kg
Position: Balanced Midfielder/ General Defender
Team: Subiaco

Pick 49 - Tim Kelly - Gold Coast (From West Coast)
H: 183 cm W: 83 kg
Team: South Fremantle

Pick 50- Charlie Ballard - Sydney
H: 195 cm W: 82 kg
Position: Key Forward/ Key Defender/ Outside Midfielder

Pick 51- Jack Payne - Brisbane (From GWS through Richmond)
H: 193 cm W: 84 kg
Team: Noosa

Pick 52- Tom McCartin - Richmond (From Geelong)
H: 192 cm W: 86 kg

Pick 53- David Handley - Gold Coast (From Adelaide)
H: 180 cm W: 70 kg
Position: Genral Forward

Pick 54- Hamish Brayshaw - Richmond

Last edited:
You have Aidan Bonar and Dylan Moore both plays like "Taylor Adams"
Meaning you thinking Bonar and Moore play similar which is far from truth.

Other than that its a strong 40, looking forward to Phantom 2

You have Aidan Bonar and Dylan Moore both plays like "Taylor Adams"
Meaning you thinking Bonar and Moore play similar which is far from truth.

Other than that its a strong 40, looking forward to Phantom 2
I agree that they don't play the same. I see qualities from Taylor in both of them though

Some of your comparisons are wacky as hell. Constable plays like JJ? So far off the mark.
I argue that they have similar qualities. Both good marks with a bit of leg speed and damaging kick, but these things are just opinion and come down to point of view

Some of your comparisons are wacky as hell. Constable plays like JJ? So far off the mark.

I laughed in my cornflakes at that one. Constable is not fast, not even medium fast. His hands and speed of / elite decision making make up for that shortcoming.

He reminds me of Josh Kennedy (Syd)

Naish like Hodge was almost as ridiculous. Naish plays as a run/receive outside mid who can kick a handy goal.

I laughed in my cornflakes at that one. Constable is not fast, not even medium fast. His hands and speed of / elite decision making make up for that shortcoming.

He reminds me of Josh Kennedy (Syd)

Naish like Hodge was almost as ridiculous. Naish plays as a run/receive outside mid who can kick a handy goal.
As I've said before the comparisons are just how I PERSONALLY view these players. I'm not saying they're identical but they share similar traits. As for your constable comment I think he's got solid speed around the ground, finding spaces and hitting targets, which to me is similar to JJ

I argue that they have similar qualities. Both good marks with a bit of leg speed and damaging kick, but these things are just opinion and come down to point of view
JJ's marking has never been a particular strength. His defining quality is speed, which Constable does not have at all. Constable is 10cm taller. They are very different players. I feel like you just saw they both played mostly played hbf and decided on that.

JJ's marking has never been a particular strength. His defining quality is speed, which Constable does not have at all. Constable is 10cm taller. They are very different players. I feel like you just saw they both played mostly played hbf and decided on that.
Refer to my response to HedgeFund. Take it for how you see but I feel I've validated my comparison

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally......

I think the "plays like" shemozzle detracts significantly from what is an otherwise very sound Top 40 Phantom.

Stick to picking draft positions only, and you can't go wrong Langers is Life. :thumbsu:
I've learnt my lesson, can't convince the Bigfooty draft board

I have a feeling Balta will be like Jesse White a super athlete with no football IQ.
From all reports Balta is a super athlete with natural football ability. From my talks with people that have worked with/around him his attitude is A-grade shithouse, which I think will be his biggest downfall

From all reports Balta is a super athlete with natural football ability. From my talks with people that have worked with/around him his attitude is A-grade shithouse, which I think will be his biggest downfall

He's a certified air head.

Not alot upstairs.

Regarding picks 2 and 5....

Where would any other club be taking Naughton?

With Pearce, Hamling, Logue and Cox, I don’t see the need for a key defender. What seems to be the strength in this draft early is midfielders, especially inside and forward capable.

Who is likely to be the best forward out of Hayes, Brander and Fogarty? Quite different players, but in the mix at 5.

Regarding picks 2 and 5....

Where would any other club be taking Naughton?

With Pearce, Hamling, Logue and Cox, I don’t see the need for a key defender. What seems to be the strength in this draft early is midfielders, especially inside and forward capable.

Who is likely to be the best forward out of Hayes, Brander and Fogarty? Quite different players, but in the mix at 5.
I think Naughton would be getting picked up from 6-10 if freo don't take him.
I'd say Brander is the most proven forward of those 3 but Fogarty has the biggest upside. Hayes may be in the mix for you guys as your ruck department is pretty thin but I think Callum Coleman-Jones from SA could be available for your later picks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back