Laptop - Autocad capable

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Dear Bigfooty Techs

Have just got a job and looking for a laptop that has the ability to run Aurocad well and maybe also Revit

Happy to spend about ~1000

What are some thinga i need to look at.

Ram? 8gb enough
Hard drive - Have 1 TB External

What is GHZ on all placards at the shop saw one with 3.5ghz and 2gb graphics for just over 1000

Dear Bigfooty Techs

Have just got a job and looking for a laptop that has the ability to run Aurocad well and maybe also Revit

Happy to spend about ~1000

What are some thinga i need to look at.

Ram? 8gb enough
Hard drive - Have 1 TB External

What is GHZ on all placards at the shop saw one with 3.5ghz and 2gb graphics for just over 1000

Depends on the complexity of the CAD stuff, anything with an i5 and 8gb RAM should be able to handle basic stuff ok, and a dedicated graphics card will certainly help things. Anything complex may require more grunt.

There's a big 20% off sale on Ebay (starting around 4pm), which includes the Dell store. Looks like there might be a few there that would be suitable.

Depends on the complexity of the CAD stuff, anything with an i5 and 8gb RAM should be able to handle basic stuff ok, and a dedicated graphics card will certainly help things. Anything complex may require more grunt.

There's a big 20% off sale on Ebay (starting around 4pm), which includes the Dell store. Looks like there might be a few there that would be suitable.

is that 4pm Eadt? im in Wa so guessing 2pm
how long does the 20% run for

so its usually 1849 down to 1088 (Last one left)
i7-4710HQ upto 3.5GHZ
G55OJK-CN474H is the model
8gb ram
1TB Hard drive
Nividia GTX850 2GB Graphics

is it a steal at that price?

Yeh ASUS

is CPU important then? is 3-4yrs too old?

Id like to have it so it can handle revot/Archicad down the track. Autocad is 2d so requires less and thats just for now

Autocad is 3D

But you can draw in 2D

Check the specs on the CAD site.

Revit will chew more

Remove this Banner Ad

Back