Laptop Purchase

Remove this Banner Ad

Nuggetz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 4, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
Hi,

I've recently bought a laptop from Grays Online at auction. I had a look at the Warranty and it says 200 months, is this enforceable? I've never seen warranty periods that long for a laptop. I'm having a look at other laptops currently & they're all around the same warranty period.

Cheers

Caesar

Ex-Huckleberry
Mar 3, 2005
Tombstone, AZ
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I would have a look at what the warranty actually covers

you'll probably find out that it covers pretty much what the Consumer Law requires it to cover, plus maybe some additional indemnification if down the track it turns out you bought stolen goods or something

I very much doubt they're guaranteeing against wear and tear for 200 months

Trancer

Debutant
Sep 28, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
Hi,

I've recently bought a laptop from Grays Online at auction. I had a look at the Warranty and it says 200 months, is this enforceable? I've never seen warranty periods that long for a laptop. I'm having a look at other laptops currently & they're all around the same warranty period.

Cheers
I'd say that's just numerical error, it should be around 20 months instead but the only way to make sure is to ring grays and confirm it with them.

Nuggetz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 4, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
Cheers guys, ill be in touch with Grays to confirm. They said on the listing it was new but with carton damage, I didn't see any carton damage. I either got lucky, or what they consider as carton damage differs to what most consumers probably think.

As a bonus, the listing didn't mention it was touch screen but once I received it, I found out it was in fact touchscreen!

So far so good, fingers crossed it stays that way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back