Toast Large McNaughton Meal: New Western Bulldogs Sponsor

Remove this Banner Ad

I can only apologise. It’s no excuse and I don’t want to give too much away, but I have been under a lot of pressure at work. I have had to front up for something like 53 days straight and it’s worn me down and Taco Tuesday just slipped my mind. Stay the course, oh sorry, I mean Go Dogs.

No worries, Daniel. You'll be back on the beers again in no time.

junk food and sport, shows how much the $$ means

Where’s the outrage for already existing soft drink and junk foods already sponsored for years by us like pancake parlour, coca cola, mars and even mission foods? (isn’t the most healthy depending.)

People should have way more control over food than they do gambling. The dogs have plenty of healthy programs for people to join. (and sponsors like vic health)

This is just an extension on a previous arrangement, right? I have a distinct memory of Bob taking a Mercedes Benz Van™ full of social media contest winners up to a game in Ballarat with a promised stop at a MacDonalds™ whether the captives wanted to go into their 'restaurant' or not.

Im happy enough for the club to take MacDonalds'™ money, but no amount of money or increased the level of fan engagement would encourage me eat the s**t that they pass off as food.

* McDonalds.

This is just an extension on a previous arrangement, right? I have a distinct memory of Bob taking a Mercedes Benz Van™ full of social media contest winners up to a game in Ballarat with a promised stop at a MacDonalds™ whether the captives wanted to go into their 'restaurant' or not.

Im happy enough for the club to take MacDonalds'™ money, but no amount of money or increased the level of fan engagement would encourage me eat the sh*t that they pass off as food.

fu** McDonalds.

I hate it when you beat around the bush Norman.

Not really about money this one. Reading between the lines (and our engagement managers comments), and using my marketing experience, we’re using them for online reach mostly. They’re a great platform to piggy back on socials as we can utilise their existing audience with a partnered post greatly expanding our own social branches. Great digital marketing strategy. McDonald’s also has a huge digital engagement team + in person activation system and we’ll get access to all of that now. Awesome locking them down imo.
My understanding of sponsorship starts and stops at “show me the money”.

so when you say this partnership is for online reach mainly, can you say what that means in practical terms? In layman’s terms. Digital engagement?person activation? I mean I have only just comes to terms with cash cow,star,question mark and Dog.

Waiting for somebody to post the add with Grant leaving the ground to get a mini big mac then coming back to mark the ball against the Pies I think.

That’s seriously awesome news during this time! Plus we’re keeping our aflw side and vfl team stand alone. Brilliant stuff doggies.
Imagine we had 100,000 members....* i hate Richmond and their arrogance. Adelaide deserve all they get for letting those *ers out of the box in 2017

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't forget VFLW, we will be one of the few clubs with four teams AFL, VFL (Eastern Australian Football League?), AFLW, VFLW

As opposed to Richmond who kicked out local VFLW clubs in 2019 but "can't afford" to keep their VFLW licence in 2021 despite posting $4 million+ in revenue last year and has around $25 million in cash assets.

Yeah it’s great that we let blokes like Corey leave so we can have a VFLW team.

You know coz the club runs on the results of a VFLW team obviously and the money they bring in 🙄

Last edited:
AFLW/VFLW departments are not part of the AFL soft cap in 2021.

Maybe do some research before posting lies.

Show me where I even mentioned the soft cap????? Go on..... I will wait

For those of you that have clearly never ran anything in their lives. When you have a business that isn’t flush with money and then the income you have is effected, you will need to find ways to cut costs to maintain the business. Seeing that business isn’t spending the full amount allowed on any area it’s a business decision to take money from one area and spend it on another instead of putting the full resources into one section of the business that is basically the only positive revenue stream in the business.

But I guess working the window at Maccas doesn’t help you know that so I can understand the error :)

Maybe they just prioritised other items over their women’s side

Maybe they looked at the profit/loss and decided they couldn’t continue to pump money into something that returns nothing financially

You know a good business decision

Show me where I even mentioned the soft cap????? Go on..... I will wait

For those of you that have clearly never ran anything in their lives. When you have a business that isn’t flush with money and then the income you have is effected, you will need to find ways to cut costs to maintain the business. Seeing that business isn’t spending the full amount allowed on any area it’s a business decision to take money from one area and spend it on another instead of putting the full resources into one section of the business that is basically the only positive revenue stream in the business.

But I guess working the window at Maccas doesn’t help you know that so I can understand the error :)

Sorry Matt my fault I guess I just assumed you were referring to the soft cap as no one in their right mind would suggest that we are losing coaches to keep a VFLW side, but then I forgot who I was talking to.

No one is forcing you to support women's footy but to claim with no evidence that the men's program is being largely affected by the finances of our women's program is just incorrect and frankly embarrassing, even from you.

Sorry Matt my fault I guess I just assumed you were referring to the soft cap as no one in their right mind would suggest that we are losing coaches to keep a VFLW side, but then I forgot who I was talking to.

No one is forcing you to support women's footy but to claim with no evidence that the men's program is being largely affected by the finances of our women's program is just incorrect and frankly embarrassing, even from you.

We have already stated we won’t be able to pay for the full allotment of senior coaches next year due to having to make some cuts.

We are spending money on the VFLW that could and should be used on the senior men’s team before the VFLW or in fact the AFLW or VFL team.

We should not be taking any money away from the men’s senior team. If anything loses money it’s other areas.

Pretty simple maths really. One that the Premier team in the comp understand when they said they will be making no cuts to the senior coaching and other areas will have to take a hit and then dumped their VFLW team to do that, but I guess you know better than they do also 🤷🏼‍♂️

Last edited:

You seriously prefer to spend money on a VFLW team that is being taken from the senior AFL team and effects performance of that team?

Every resource possible should be given to the core business to make it as successful as possible, the rest including the men’s and woman’s VFL teams get what’s left and if there isn’t enough they go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back