Teams Las Vegas Raiders - The Black Hole

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done guys, you shocked me. I've been bashing you a fair bit, but fair play today. Awesome performance, especially by Carr vs a team who had been excellent vs the pass for the first four weeks of the season.

The D gets a few stops so the offense doesn't have all the pressure on its shoulders, they play free and Carr has his best game yet under Gruden and arguably his best game since 2016.

This team is on the right track.

Gruden said second-year defensive lineman Clelin Ferrell had his best game as a pro on Sunday.

“The statistics don’t always show what a player does,” Gruden said. “I thought he had 13 or 14 factor plays that really helped us win this game. He played inside, he played outside. I thought he really showed the ability to convert his speed rush to power. He showed good chase and pursuit, great energy and effort.

“That was his best game, I think, as a Raider, especially in the second half.”

Ferrell wasn’t alone.

With Collins and Hurst both missing the game, Kendal Vickers started and played 37 snaps Sunday. Veteran ends Datone Jones and Chris Smith were called up from the practice squad and both saw significant time — Jones getting 27 snaps and Smith 19, largely out of position at tackle.

“Kendal Vickers, nobody knows he’s alive but me and the Raiders,” Gruden said. “This guy did a great job yesterday. Chris Smith played the under tackle position. Here’s a guy that’s a seven or eight year veteran that’s a defensive end and he’s lining up in there as a defensive tackle.

Ferrell indeed was a problem yesterday. He's been a solid run defender for the most part this season, but yesterday he really took a step up with his pass rushing. I've noticed he's getting more consistent in that space.

He's never going to be an impact high 1st round pick, but I think the way he is developing he certainly appears to have a place in the NFL.

Quite absurd that PFF rated Mahomes' game yesterday ahead of Carr's. I have been a PFF elite subscriber since late 2015 but I'm now at a point whereby I'm not going to renew my subscription when it expires in April next year.

Back on the game, upon seeing the replay I'm even more impressed with Carr's performance. 11 TDs, just the 1 pick (although 4 lost fumbles). If he limits his fumbles the rest of the season I don't see why he can't be considered a top 10 (maybe even top 7-8) QB by the end of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Raiders now head into their bye week 3-2, and their schedule becomes much easier. The first two weeks back could be tough games for the Raiders, as they face Tom Brady and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Sunday Night Football, then the Cleveland Browns, who have been impressive so far this season.

After that, Las Vegas faces two opponents that they should be favored against in the Los Angeles Chargers and the Denver Broncos, before having a rematch with the Kansas City Chiefs. Once that game is over, the Raiders schedule becomes even easier, where the team will have a chance to go on a win streak.

After the Chiefs game, Las Vegas will be facing off against the Atlanta Falcons, New York Jets, Indianapolis Colts, Los Angeles Chargers, Miami Dolphins, and Denver Broncos, finishing out a six game stretch where the Raiders should be favored in at least five games.

When the Raiders are healthy, they have shown that they can compete with the elite teams in the league. When Henry Ruggs has been on the field, the Raiders have dominated on offense, and are currently sitting at 3-0.

Richie Incognito returns after the bye week, Trent Brown will get a chance to rest and continue to get healthy, and they should have Bryan Edwards back, as well.

Good time for a bye.
Winning
Recover after a game on a hot day
Some players like Jacobs playing injured
Players who have been out with injury to return
Hurst a maybe. Don't know what happens with him now.

If we could get to the Falcons game at 6-4 (2 losses from either Bucs, Browns or Chiefs) we'll certainly be holding onto a wild card spot. Beat the Chiefs a second time and we might be in running to sit atop the West.

Another player who's been playing banged up that's imperative to the success of the Raiders is star running back Josh Jacobs.
Jacobs is currently second in the league in rushing yards and leads the league in carries.
While Jacobs has been dealing with a lingering hip injury throughout the year, the Raiders offense is looking to get backup running back Devontae Booker more involved moving forward to keep No. 28 healthy. Booker has also been productive with the carries he's seen this season, running for 62 yards on seven carries in the win against the Chiefs.

Hasn't done much lately. Rather stick with what we have now. Booker had a big day v chiefs, Richard solid third down guy.
Well lets hope he is not about to run all over our division. Chiefs just got better.

The Las Vegas Raiders have placed rookie cornerback Damon Arnette on the reserve/COVID-19 list.

Arnette was already sidelined on injured reserve before being moved to the COVID list Monday. The list is used for players who either test positive for the coronavirus or have been in close contact with an infected person.

Arnette was a first-round pick by the Raiders in April. He started three games before going on IR when he needed surgery on his thumb.

Arnette is the second Raiders player to go on the COVID list since the start of the season. Defensive tackle Maurice Hurst was placed on the list two weeks ago. He returned to practice Monday after being activated from the list.

David Irving

Free agent defensive lineman David Irving is getting a second (third?) chance in the NFL.

Irving, who has not played since 2018, is signing with the Raiders, Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle reports.

The NFL reinstated Irving on Oct. 16, and he visited the Raiders soon after.

He will rejoin Raiders defensive line coach Rod Marinelli, who was the Cowboys defensive coordinator and defensive line coach when Irving played in Dallas. Irving had 12.5 sacks in 37 games over four seasons with the Cowboys.

The league suspended him in March 2019 when he was a free agent, and the Cowboys had no intention of re-signing him.

Irving retired from the NFL.

Straight Outta Compton
to Vegas

Remove this Banner Ad

Back