Teams Las Vegas Raiders - The Black Hole

Remove this Banner Ad

Car is just a mediocre QB.

Doesn’t have the top line ability to consistently take control of games.

He is a decent starting QB, but he is not a good nor great starting QB.

"Mediocre" and "decent" would have him arguably in the bottom half of QBs in the league - which I would find hard to agree with.

There's only a small handful of QBs who consistently take control of games - Rodgers, Mahomes, Brady and Josh Allen. The rest have plenty of great moments compiled with a fair few "wtf" moments as well. And even today look how abysmal Rodgers was. Other supposed top line QBs like Burrow, Dak and Stafford all had terrible week 1s - but no one is going to question their position in the pecking order based on one bad performance to start the season.

I would suggest there are around 12 or so QBs who are "good" (or better) - Carr being one of them. On his day there he can go toe to toe with the best in the league. However, when he's having a bad day, he is in that 18-22 range. I would suggest his consistency has improved over the last few years and we've seen few of those bad games and more higher level QB play from him - particular in 2020 and 2021.

Don't get me wrong - he needs to play better than what he did today - but the Chargers are going to do that to a fair few teams this year. The Raiders lost to them in the same fixture 28-14 last year - didn't stop them going 10-7 and making the playoffs.

If they had lost in the same manner today to a team like the Bears or the Jets - then I would have to seriously re-evaluate my position.

Of course. They used 4 o line combinations in this game which tells you theyre still unsure of their best combo - which is a huge concern.

Andre James also being evaluated for a concussion so I suspect Parham will slide to centre next week if James can't go.

The problems are at least fixable - though a portion of them will need to be fixed via current free agents. I would love to see them bring in Ndamukong Suh and Darryl Williams - not a big Williams fan but he would be an upgrade at either right guard or right tackle compared to what they have right now.

Was gonna mention Williams when I saw Manu say you need a RT, he used to be decent with us , was an all pro a few years ago and not like hes ancient.

Parham at centre at training. Thought he was good at guard last week

With Andre James likely out due to a concussion, it makes sense to slide Parham over to centre. Many draft analysts projected Parham as a centre in the pros despite playing guard in college.

Either way I think the Raiders have a real gem with Parham. The line isn't as bad as what many make it out to be. Between Miller, James and Parham there are three solid building blocks. Not sold on Simpson and Eluemunor is a stop gap, but it's not panic stations. Secondary the bigger issue imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, was watching Chandler Jones on a few plays. Ordinary effort multiple times.

And this is why Derek Carr, I dont care what anyone says, wont win you a Superbowl. He just is not the guy.

Carr didn't cause Renfrow to drop the ball.

Carr wasn't playing defense whilst Kyler Murrary danced and waited for an opening multiple times to get to the end zone or an open player.

Carr might never win a playoff game, let alone a SB BUT he's a Raider and I'll support him.

Besides who are the options?

Carr didn't cause Renfrow to drop the ball.

Carr wasn't playing defense whilst Kyler Murrary danced and waited for an opening multiple times to get to the end zone or an open player.

Carr might never win a playoff game, let alone a SB BUT he's a Raider and I'll support him.

Besides who are the options?
Carr also was the leader of the Offense who couldnt get a drive going at all in the 2nd half. 3 points. With Waller, Adams, Renfrow and quite a few other good pieces that all seemed there in the 1st half, suddenly disappeared. Did the Cards D play better, probably, but they arent world beaters.

Sure, the whole loss is not on Carr, the D stunk in the 2nd half when it counted. BS penalty on 4th down aside that in the end cost us the game, they just could not make a stop when it they had to.

Is funny, at halftime I was thinking, we can still lose this, this team is so untrustworthy. You could see it coming from a mile away.

Carr also was the leader of the Offense who couldnt get a drive going at all in the 2nd half. 3 points. With Waller, Adams, Renfrow and quite a few other good pieces that all seemed there in the 1st half, suddenly disappeared. Did the Cards D play better, probably, but they arent world beaters.

Sure, the whole loss is not on Carr, the D stunk in the 2nd half when it counted. BS penalty on 4th down aside that in the end cost us the game, they just could not make a stop when it they had to.

Is funny, at halftime I was thinking, we can still lose this, this team is so untrustworthy. You could see it coming from a mile away.
The stalling drives which lead to settling for short field goals are a Carr hallmark.

Pats and Raiders Make Trade
New England sends OT Justin Herron to Las Vegas in deal that includes 2024 pick swap (Rapoport)

I haven't been that impressed with these former pats players coach is bringing in

So far.

Herron entered the NFL as a sixth-round draft choice of the Patriots back in 2020 out of Wake Forest. The 6-foot-5, 305-pounder had been a reserve tackle throughout his tenure in Foxborough. Over 28 regular season games played, Herron started in 10 of them. He also got the start in New England's lone playoff game during the 2021 season.

Through two games this season, Herron did not see any game action.

At least he is well rested

Remove this Banner Ad

Back