Teams Las Vegas Raiders - The Black Hole

Jul 1, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Ducks, Yankees
All those guys you named have clearly played better than Ferrell. The only competition for "as bad" has been Gary, and even he showed quite a bit in the second half as last year. You're being a massive homer Chewy, stop it. 😂

I'm not being a homer at all. If you want an unbiased opinion, go to PFF's rating system and check it out. Ferrell graded pretty well out there, much better than a bunch of the first round picks from 2019. If you're going to grade purely on sacks, he hasn't delivered. But anybody who knows a thing about football knows there is a lot more to a pass rush than just the sack numbers. I'm not saying he's a stud (far from it), but I don't agree that the players aforementioned earlier are much better (if at all better) than him.

I'm not being a homer at all. If you want an unbiased opinion, go to PFF's rating system and check it out. Ferrell graded pretty well out there, much better than a bunch of the first round picks from 2019. If you're going to grade purely on sacks, he hasn't delivered. But anybody who knows a thing about football knows there is a lot more to a pass rush than just the sack numbers. I'm not saying he's a stud (far from it), but I don't agree that the players aforementioned earlier are much better (if at all better) than him.

You're also comparing DTs to DEs. DTs are never going to have the opportunity to put up numbers unless they are truly special such as Aaron Donald. A lot of their work will go unrewarded. DEs need to impact as a pass rusher.

Gary being slow to start his career I'm giving some leniency to only because the team that drafted him was the worst possible scheme fit for his game. Why the Packers thought a borderline DT in college would work as a OLB in a 3-4 is beyond my comprehension.

Jul 1, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Ducks, Yankees
You're also comparing DTs to DEs. DTs are never going to have the opportunity to put up numbers unless they are truly special such as Aaron Donald. A lot of their work will go unrewarded. DEs need to impact as a pass rusher.

Gary being slow to start his career I'm giving some leniency to only because the team that drafted him was the worst possible scheme fit for his game. Why the Packers thought a borderline DT in college would work as a OLB in a 3-4 is beyond my comprehension.

And you would also know that Ferrell played a considerable amount of snaps on the inside as a DT during his first two years - he has not been used exclusively as a DE.

And you would also know that Ferrell played a considerable amount of snaps on the inside as a DT during his first two years - he has not been used exclusively as a DE.

If Ferrell is a defensive tackle I give up. 😂

That's poor coaching or a team desperately trying to find somewhere else to try and get him to perform.

Jul 1, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Ducks, Yankees
If Ferrell is a defensive tackle I give up. 😂

That's poor coaching or a team desperately trying to find somewhere else to try and get him to perform.

So you have come in here saying how bad Ferrell has been whilst calling me a homer, and now you're admitting that you didn't know he had played a significant chunk of the season inside? Just how much have you actually watched of him? Sounds like you have an awfully large opinion of someone whom you know very little about.

So you have come in here saying how bad Ferrell has been whilst calling me a homer, and now you're admitting that you didn't know he had played a significant chunk of the season inside? Just how much have you actually watched of him? Sounds like you have an awfully large opinion of someone whom you know very little about.

I've watched a fair share of Raiders games the past two years , I rarely notice Ferrell at DE so it should be no surprise that I don't notice him a DT either.

Jul 1, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Ducks, Yankees
I've watched a fair share of Raiders games the past two years , I rarely notice Ferrell at DE so it should be no surprise that I don't notice him a DT either.

I'm sure you noticed him when he made the crucial 4th down run stop against your Panthers to seal the game.

I'm sure you noticed him when he made the crucial 4th down run stop against your Panthers to seal the game.

Can't say I did. Was too busy cursing the terrible play call from Brady .

Speaking of the Panthers, Brian Burns, now there is a DE that wouldnt look out of place in the top 5 in the 2019 draft. ;)

Jul 1, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Ducks, Yankees
Can't say I did. Was too busy cursing the terrible play call from Brady .

Speaking of the Panthers, Brian Burns, now there is a DE that wouldnt look out of place in the top 5 in the 2019 draft. ;)

And if there was a re-draft today he would go higher than where he did. Wasn't like he slid or fell through the cracks though, he was never going top 5 no matter who was in the draft. Same amount of sacks as Maxx Crosby though through their first two years.

And if there was a re-draft today he would go higher than where he did. Wasn't like he slid or fell through the cracks though, he was never going top 5 no matter who was in the draft. Same amount of sacks as Maxx Crosby though through their first two years.

I had him as my #2 behind Bosa. Was wrapped when we got him, was sure Atlanta or Washington were going to grab him just ahead of us.

Burns was fantastic last year on a terrible defense. Underrated how good he was. He's one of the only two players on our roster (with Jeremy Chinn) that I wouldn't want included in a potential trade for Deshaun Watson. The rest of the players, take them.

Derrick Brown disappointed me immensely this year, don't think you're the only team to make a mistake early in the draft Chewy. He'd want to pull his finger out next year. He got abused in the run game too often.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Ducks, Yankees
I had him as my #2 behind Bosa. Was wrapped when we got him, was sure Atlanta or Washington were going to grab him just ahead of us.

Burns was fantastic last year on a terrible defense. Underrated how good he was. He's one of the only two players on our roster (with Jeremy Chinn) that I wouldn't want included in a potential trade for Deshaun Watson. The rest of the players, take them.

The thing is outside of those two guys, you don't really have anyone who the Texans would want.

Derrick Brown disappointed me immensely this year, don't think you're the only team not to make a mistake early in the draft Chewy. He'd want to pull his finger out next year. He got abused in the run game too often.

Certainly had a poor year given the lofty expectations, but give him time. It is always premature to write a 1st round pick off after one year - even more so after the covid off season they had.

The thing is outside of those two guys, you don't really have anyone who the Texans would want.

Certainly had a poor year given the lofty expectations, but give him time. It is always premature to write a 1st round pick off after one year - even more so after the covid off season they had.

A lot of people rate DJ Moore ,far bigger than both Burns and Chinn. To me, he's an overrated player and replaceable.

Same with CMac. As good as he is at what he does. Give me Burns and Chinn any day.

Oct 23, 2006
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chi Bulls, LV Raiders
I don't think Gabe Jackson was a "nailed" pick by any means. I think he was a reasonable player who Reggie McKenzie severely overpaid for on the 2nd contract.

Even if they didn't trade Mack, I don't think the quality of their D as a whole would have been any better under Guenther. Trying to compare Ferrell to Mack is stupid though - with Mack you're looking at an All-Pro talent, Ferrell isn't close to that level. At the same time, comparing them as top 5 picks isn't exactly a fair fight either. Look at the 2019 first round picks as a whole, and it is not as if there are that many guys picked in the top 15 who I would take over Ferrell at this point. It was a pretty weak class as a whole in that respect.

Probably the 2010 first round pick that was traded to get Seymour!

2003 - Nnamdi Asomugha

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Raiders released C Rodney Hudson.
The team will dumbfoundedly take on $15.6 million in dead money with this move, making it even more astounding. Las Vegas is reportedly high on backup C Andre James, but every move the team makes in free agency should be questioned given their horrendous tenure under Mike Mayock and Jon Gruden. Hudson, 32 in July, should immediately become the top interior option on the market as he's allowed just three sacks across 3,445 pass-blocking snaps since 2015. Whereas the Raiders' offensive line was once considered its strength, it's truly a questionable unit heading into the 2021 season.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Mar 16, 2021, 2:40 PM ET

Someone should have told mark davis cashy's do payday advances at a very reasonable 75% (no idea but assume the interest is ridiculous)

Jul 1, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Ducks, Yankees
The Hudson release makes no sense from a cash perspective. Theyve already paid out his signing bonus on his current deal - all that they save this year by releasing him is 6.05M. If they wanted to save that in cash they could have released Jalen Richard and Jeff Heath, both whom could be replaced with rookies.

Hudson is still a good player, but if you look at hks performance in 2020 and compare that to the previous 2-3 years before that, 2020 was his worst year and it wasn't close. Gave up 14 QB pressures when the past 2.years he had given up 8 total. And in the.run game he got zero push. He has always been an average run blocker at best but last year it got worse.

Given his age it wouldn't surprise me of they figured he was already on the downturn of his career, and have opted for the Wayne Bennett model of cutting a guy a year too early rather than a year too late.

They love backup Andre James though. I expect he will be first man up for the job.

Last edited:
I don't see anything official about Hudson going
or Jackson

Carr going to be troubled also if true.
Maybe we are trading for Wilson. He is used to having no O Line

Oct 23, 2006
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chi Bulls, LV Raiders
This has the smell of Clarko moving on Hodge, Lewis and Mitchell.

I'm bewildered by this move. Chewy knows his stuff and perhaps Hudson was on a down swing of his career but is he any worse/better than his replacement?

Derek's gonna be running for his life.

Back