Teams Las Vegas Raiders - The Black Hole

Remove this Banner Ad

Lots to like about yesterday's performance. For a first pre-season game it was a fairly clean affair, not many mental errors, limited penalties etc. Stidham looked composed and in command of the offense. Whilst no where near the level of Carr, I'm comfortable with Stidham coming in for a few games in the event of an unlikely injury.

Run game looked real good. Josh Jacobs had plenty of explosion coming out of the holes, and I thought Zamir White impressed with his ability to run through opposing defenders. I was not impressed with Kenyan Drake - he looked real sluggish and couldn't get through the holes between the tackles. I won't be surprised if Drake is a "surprise" cut with Ameer Abdullah beating him out for the 4th RB spot on the roster.

Defensively few assignments were missed, didn't appear to be any big coverage breakdowns and tackling for the most part was sound and effective.

All in all, a solid start. No major injuries either. On to the next.

Raiders under McDaniels look like a highly well-drilled team. Obviously they were coming off a 10 win season and unlucky playoff loss to Bengals, but still looked like they improved already.
Don't come crawling back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All four of their players who started training camp on the Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) list returned to practice, according to multiple reports. They are defensive tackles Johnathan Hankins and Bilal Nichols, and cornerback Trayvon Mullen. That is significant news. Receiver Dillon Stoner, a longshot to make the team, also returned.

Had Mullen, Hankins and Nichols not returned to practice by Aug. 23, they would have had to all miss the first four games of the regular season. Now, barring any setbacks, all three should all be ready to play in Week 1 at the Los Angeles Chargers on Sept. 11.

The Raiders’ good injury news extended beyond the three PUP players. Tight end Darren Waller, cornerback Rock Ya-Sin and linebacker Divine Deablo all returned to practice as well. Waller (hamstring) had been out for almost three weeks and Ya-Sin and Deablo also missed extended time. All of these players are easily on target to play Week 1.

Raiders field looks terrible. Patriots have to be looking at it hoping it’s improved by next week

Facing critically low water levels at two large reservoirs and an extreme drought in the West, federal water managers announced Tuesday that Nevada, Arizona and Mexico will have less water to use in 2023.

Those cuts are not likely to affect water use in Nevada in the short term. But Colorado River users, working under a federally imposed deadline set in June to negotiate unprecedented water reductions, failed to agree on new, additional cuts by Tuesday needed to preserve the stability of the region’s water system.

With no agreement in place, federal officials said on Tuesday they were starting the process of figuring out next steps. They emphasized the need for states to bring forward voluntary solutions and did not say whether their next steps would include mandating cuts from each of the states.

Bit surprised by Mullen for basically nothing. Oft injured last year I guess

I suspect this is as much an endorsement of Nate Hobbs as anything else. Won't be at all surprised to see Hobbs play outside quite a bit this season, with Moehrig getting quite a bit of time as the "star" lined up over the slot receiver.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back