Teams Las Vegas Raiders - The Black Hole

Remove this Banner Ad

If we trade Carr, and the Lions draft Tua, should we look at Stafford.
I like Staff, always feel he's been highly underrated throughout his career even if a bit of a "big moment" choker at times... but, saw this today....Tua family saying they much prefer to be drafted by Miami...

Pro Football Focus has projected that the Raiders will end up signing Jones.
In 2018, the Raiders ranked dead last in EPA per pass allowed. In 2019, the Raiders ranked dead last in EPA per pass allowed. If I had to guess what Jon Gruden says to that, it’s “something’s gotta give, man.” The good news is, they have money in the bank to pay for one of the top defensive backs hitting the open market — and there isn’t a cornerback better in this free agency pool than Byron Jones.

There is a lot of chatter about Carr and how he could be traded at the combine. At the very least, teams are going to inquire with the Raiders about Carr. My understanding is that Carr will not be traded unless they get a ridiculously godfather like offer at the combine. However, a reasonable offer may be accepted in March once free agency happens. The Raiders are not going to trade out Carr without logically having their next QB in place. The most obvious option in that scenario is Tom Brady agreeing to join the Raiders, and then the Raiders immediately trading Carr. Note however that these types of deals are often hashed out at the combine, so even if nothing is agreed to in principle, the framework for such a deal could very well be in place over the next week.

Lastly, free agency is such a quick flowing event. Information gets passed around so fast, and the direction teams can go in on that front can do a complete 180 in the space of 5 minutes. I will do my best over the next month to post what I know here, but it's a fluid process.

sounds like brady is seriously interest for them to seriously discuss trading carr

Not really. The about Brady leaving the Patriots is being leaked by Brady's agent, whilst the info about teams being interested in Carr is not being leaked by the Raiders. The Raiders like Carr and unless they get a clear upgrade he will be their QB in 2020.

Gruden just as likely to get Herbert in the draft and build with him. Going for Brady is a bit of a waste as we don't yet have a team that is likely to be a contender. Unless we get a lot of interest from tax evaders.

Gruden has never used a high draft pick to develop a QB of the future. Herbert will likely be a top 5 pick when it's all said and done.

I don't get why we aren't ready as a team for Brady. Makes zero sense to me. A year ago we were 4-12 and not ready to acquire a star receiver like Antonio Brown. Granted the Brown trade was a disaster but you put AB on that team last year and they're likely in the playoffs. With 60+ million in cap space and five picks in the first 3 round, there's no reason to think they can't seriously upgrade their team this year to be a legit playoff threat.

Not really. The about Brady leaving the Patriots is being leaked by Brady's agent, whilst the info about teams being interested in Carr is not being leaked by the Raiders. The Raiders like Carr and unless they get a clear upgrade he will be their QB in 2020.

Define clear upgrade for me... Other than Brees I'm not sure any free agents are.

Define clear upgrade for me... Other than Brees I'm not sure any free agents are.

That's precisely my point. The list of clear cut upgrades on Carr is a very small list. Brees would be on that list. I think Brady is an upgrade in that he would fit well with Gruden and I think he would significantly improve their issues in the redzone. Otherwise, Carr imo is at the very least, as good as any of the other guys out there.

That's precisely my point. The list of clear cut upgrades on Carr is a very small list. Brees would be on that list. I think Brady is an upgrade in that he would fit well with Gruden and I think he would significantly improve their issues in the redzone. Otherwise, Carr imo is at the very least, as good as any of the other guys out there.

Yea, tough spot. I'm no massive Carr fan but he's not significantly worse than Brady imo. From a "moving to a new city and creating some buzz" and setting a standard in the locker room tho I'd understand the move. If you're going to go laterally it might as well be with him. 99% sure he won't try and emulate the "Summer of AB" once paid either, but you never know. 😜

raiders would be looking for a new qb in a year or two anyway, carrs contract will about end by then. might as well trade the new model Chrysler for an old classic Ford for those 2 years, and then be ready to draft a new one by the time brady retires...and youre getting a better chance at another super bowl with brady than with carr in that 2 years. carrs about bored the hell out of the entire fanbase, already screaming for a new qb.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

raiders would be looking for a new qb in a year or two anyway, carrs contract will about end by then. might as well trade the new model Chrysler for an old classic Ford for those 2 years, and then be ready to draft a new one by the time brady retires...and youre getting a better chance at another super bowl with brady than with carr in that 2 years. carrs about bored the hell out of the entire fanbase, already screaming for a new qb.

Both are check down beasts. 😎

Both are check down beasts. 😎
theres a huge difference between them. carr has little vision and clutchness, and checks down due to those two things. brady can do it all and is a mastermind on offense. also, in recent years the pats offense has been lacking quality wrs so the scheme has been based on hitting slots and rbs. but he can do more vertical if hes got wrs. carr balks when he does.

theres a huge difference between them. carr has little vision and clutchness, and checks down due to those two things. brady can do it all and is a mastermind on offense. also, in recent years the pats offense has been lacking quality wrs so the scheme has been based on hitting slots and rbs. but he can do more vertical if hes got wrs. carr balks when he does.

Toms accuracy on deep passes ain't what it once was. I do understand there is difference tho. Brady will hang in pocket and take some contact (and scream for flags lel) while Carr shits himself and tries to avoid contact whenever possible.

Toms accuracy on deep passes ain't what it once was. I do understand there is difference tho. Brady will hang in pocket and take some contact (and draw flags lel) while Carr shits himself and tries to avoid contact whenever possible.
yep, also brady sees the field, is masterful at reading coverages, blitzes, etc, destroying defenses with his mind.

Coach Jon Gruden said the team will hold its mandatory minicamp on June 14-16 in the Las Vegas area, according to the Las Vegas Review-Journal. He did not specify whether those practices would be held in Vegas or at the Raiders' facility in Henderson, Nevada.
Either way, this sets up to be the Raiders' first event in their new hometown, which will make it must-see for their fans.
"If we can let everyone in, we will," Gruden said before taking in the Deontay Wilder-Tyson Fury fight at MGM Grand Garden.
As one of the league's flagship franchises, the Raiders figure to generate even greater interest after relocating from Oakland for the second time, in what will also be the NFL's first season in Vegas.

Al would take this guy even if we had the first pick

Henry Ruggs III is aiming for the 40-yard-dash throne at the 2020 NFL Scouting Combine.
The former Alabama receiver said on Tuesday that he is the fastest player among the 337 draft prospects in Indianapolis for a crucial job interview this week, and his goal is to break John Ross' three-year-old record for the fastest 40 in combine history when receivers take the field at Lucas Oil Stadium on Thursday. No one has recorded a time better than 4.29 in the two combines since Ross, a first-round pick of the Cincinnati Bengals in 2017, blazed a 4.22 that year. His goal, while ambitious, doesn't seem unattainable. Ruggs recalled 4.25 seconds as his fastest unofficial 40 time, but he believes there's an even faster run in him.

Let's quickly run through a few ways the Raiders can attack rebuilding their defense.
Draft LB, fix secondary in FA
Mayock and head coach Jon Gruden can either attempt to trade up in the draft to take Clemson linebacker Isaiah Simmons or draft LSU's Patrick Queen or Oklahoma's Kenneth Murray at No. 19 overall. With at least one linebacker slot filled, the Raiders could shell out money to cornerback Byron Jones and safety Anthony Harris, locking in the secondary for years to come.
That would leave Mayock with the job of rounding out the defense with veteran guys like Burfict, Robert Quinn, Joe Schobert, Danny Trevathan and Damon Harrison.
Draft Javon Kinlaw, sign one FA at each level
South Carolina's Javon Kinlaw is shooting up draft boards. He dominated the Senior Bowl and looks like he could be the next dominant defensive tackle in the NFL. If he's available at No. 12 overall, the Raiders could gobble him up, giving them three young stars on the defensive line. From there, they can look to spend their money on Jones and Harris (and continue to ignore the linebacker position) or they could sign one of Jones or Harris, re-sign Burfict and add a guy like Blake Martinez or Schobert and then grab an edge rusher like Quinn or Vic Beasley on a cheaper deal.
Sign Chris Jones, Cory Littleton
If the Raiders want to give their defense an immediate jolt, they can split the majority of their cap space between Chris Jones and linebacker Cory Littleton and then go to cheaper secondary free agents like Trae Waynes, Jalen Mills and, perhaps Karl Joseph. That would leave the Raiders to focus on wide receiver at No. 12 overall and then take either Queen or Murray at No. 19 to further solidify the LB spot, or grab one of the top corners in the class (Kristian Fulton, C.J. Henderson or A.J. Terrell) to pair with Mullen for years to come.

Byron Jones good chance to be coming

: Javon Kinlaw is a Day 1 target for any team looking to add a starter on the defensive line, and will be a high priority add for teams looking to increase their disruption up front. A hugely powerful athlete with a wicked first step, Kinlaw demolishes blocking schemes and pocket integrity with regularly. Kinlaw can 1-gap or 2-gap with equal success at the NFL level given his elite toolkit, and his potential as a pass-rusher is sky-high. Inconsistencies regarding Kinlaw's leverage and pass rush moves limit his ceiling as a one-on-one winner as an interior pass rusher, but by moving him around the line and sticking him in gaps, you'll get quality pass rush ability in Year 1. Kinlaw is a candidate for Pro Bowl bids the moment he steps on the field, and has the physical tools of the top defensive tackles in the league if he continues to grow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back