Last Man Standing 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

I think I'm going to do something stupid and take Freo -30.5. Freo have played 5 out of the top 6 teams over the past 6 games, so they should find the Doggies a lot easier this week, and I don't see who is going to kick a score for the Dogs with their current forward line. Murph out, Griffen under a cloud, Cooney struggling, so I'll lock in the Dockers at home and hope Ross releases the handbrake this week.

Weighing up between Melbourne (+33.5) and Bombers (-19.5)

Jackson, Connors, King, Martin, Grimes all out for the Tigers. Bombers have had the wood over Saints in the last few years and Goodard missing.

I am Norf at the moment at +15.5 but I am could change it before lockout. I was going to pick Essendon at -19.5 but will the Saints lift for Tiprat's 250th?

Great work Norf:thumbsu: Now I can cheer on the Saints tonight and knock another 235 out of the comp!

Anyone from here still going in the comp apart from myself?

415 people left

Another tough week this round. Tempted to pick Gold Coast at +37.5 against Richmond in Cairns. But can the Suns have 2 reasonable performances in a row? Apart from that, I might back up on Norf again this round, they are +5.5 against Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still alive, down to 5 in the facebook comp as well which would be nice to snare one of the top 3 spots for a decent free bet.

Taking Collingwood -10.5 at this stage

who is still in this comp, i am so torn this week. for me its out of a few. early on i would have locked in hawks at -49.5 but after buddy being out I'm not too sure. still think they will get line but not certain. now I'm looking at north +5.5, gws +70.5 (adelaide without tippet, walker) and gws need to show something at home, gold coast +37.5 (rarely blow outs in humid conditions). what do you guys think?

Anyone from here still going in the comp apart from myself?

415 people left

Another tough week this round. Tempted to pick Gold Coast at +37.5 against Richmond in Cairns. But can the Suns have 2 reasonable performances in a row? Apart from that, I might back up on Norf again this round, they are +5.5 against Carlton.

hey mate, i also like gc at +37.5, gws also and north- what do you think??

I'm finding this week a lot tougher than the first few line rounds. I've been tossing up between a few games, but I'm just going to stick with the Pies at -10.5. The Swans at +9.5 was also tempting.

hey mate, i also like gc at +37.5, gws also and north- what do you think??
I am still keen on the Suns - the line has now moved to +38.5 for them. The forecast for Cairns on Saturday is rain. I know Richmond is a better team this year but they did win against them in Cairns last year. Plus Richmond have a lot of players missing through injury and suspension.

I also was looking at Collingwood as well but the forecast for Melbourne on Sat night looks a bit dodgy.

well I'm a north supporter and i personally think that we will win and could possibly win comfortably going on form especially at the dome. we play better there than carlton and i don't think murphy will play. however i don't really like 5.5. i think gold coast if they play at their best will not get beaten by 38.5 but i don't like putting my 1 in 415 chance of winning 50k on a team that has not won a game. geeing and collingwood although i think pies will win by about 20 i can't bring myself to do it because geelong are capable of anything. I'm very very torn on what to do and i would be over the moon if i can get the right selection this week. put it this way if murphy doesn't play, under the roof of the dome- north's running game will be able to beat carlton. we only lost because last week wce had a second tall they could throw forward in cox while nataniu nullified goldstein. we couldn't cope with cox's height and marking. carlton have brought back henderson for height but other than that its only kruezer. i think petrie will have a night out and north will win by about 20 covering the line of 5.5. getting it over and done with- going to the game and will be a happy man if the roos get up! go roos

Yeah, I'd locked in the Pies -10.5 at the start of the week, but flipped to the Roos +4.5 about 2 minutes before the start of the Friday night game when I heard that Tuohy was a late out for the Blues. Thankfully they covered otherwise I would have been kicking myself when the Pies got up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back