Competitions LAST MAN STANDING

Remove this Banner Ad

Going early with my selection & for good reason. I intend to pick one of the teams from the Easter Monday game, that way if saintkildaman & Verdun66 pick a couple of losers earlier on the weekend, even if my selection loses, I would still be the last man standing 🥴

Round 4 :geelong:

what kind of rigged bullshit is this. why am i listed last?

i want a recount
Ken Jeong GIF by The Masked Singer

The Last Man Standing 'ladder' lists all the participants in an order determined using the latest CFI risk reward rating system to determine which tipsters made the bravest calls. If you're at the bottom of the table it's because you picked the teams with least risk and yet still somehow managed to be eliminated.

Ken Jeong GIF by The Masked Singer

The Last Man Standing 'ladder' lists all the participants in an order determined using the latest CFI risk reward rating system to determine which tipsters made the bravest calls. If you're at the bottom of the table it's because you picked the teams with least risk and yet still somehow managed to be eliminated.
Want to laugh at this again 🤣

CursingFijian seeing that it‘s Easter weekend, IMO you should close punters nominations at 6pm tonight.
In suggesting that I’m only thinking of you, so you don’t have to worry about punters putting their tips in all week & can sit back with a beer… or two, waiting for the Easter bunny to arrive. 😉

C01A34ED-2365-46CB-8E25-EA279A0FB1D1.jpeg

CursingFijian seeing that it‘s Easter weekend, IMO you should close punters nominations at 6pm tonight.
In suggesting that I’m only thinking of you, so you don’t have to worry about punters putting their tips in all week & can sit back with a beer… or two, waiting for the Easter bunny to arrive. 😉

View attachment 1648986
Drinking Beer Lol GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

Here We Go Again Typography GIF by Mr A Hayes

Tipsters we have to say goodbye to Sainttony, yet again, as he embarrassingly believed that Port Adelaide might actually show up for the Showdown. As some may remember Sainttony was given a reprieve last week after failing to get his tips in the week prior, and was required to pick two winners this week. While he correctly tipped Collingwood to win, Port Adelaide let him down badly when they slowed down for the showdown and Sainttony has since been shown right out.

We commend Sainttony for his tenacity and determination to remain in the competition and trust that he has learned valuable lessons from his involvement. But just in case he hasn't, and wants to write a book about his life at some point in the future, let me spell it out.

The futility of optimism is a lesson that we must all learn at some point in our lives. We can approach each new challenge with enthusiasm and hope, only to be met with disappointment and frustration. This lesson is particularly evident in the Last Man Standing competition, where contestants make their best predictions based on their knowledge and experience, only to be eliminated one by one as the fickle winds of fate gust in unexpected directions. Yet despite all our losses, we continue to trust and believe that eventually the chosen will prevail, for it is our hope that gives us both the strength to face all our challenges and the determination to overcome them.

Farewell Sainttony

Hai Hello GIF

But Wait Theres More Conor Mckenna GIF by FoilArmsandHog

Sainttony was not the only tipster to foolishly put their Last Man Standing chip down on a Port Adelaide win. Laughably Sadly, the highly fancied duo Yawkey way and dct66 also thought there was no way Port Adelaide could lose, especially after being given the all clear to wear their traditional prison bars for the first time. Both players were set up to be a key players in the competition. Yawkey Way in particular after banking a rare North Melbourne win in round one, and dct66 after having locked away a giant victory in the same round. However, it appears that all the good fortune may have gone to their heads and mislead them into believing that they may actually know a thing or two about football. Thanks for playing Yawkey way and dct66!

Another two brave posters admirably backed the GrandMaster to win against the GrassHopper by tipping North Melbourne to stay on the winners merry-go-round. Wonderfully Regrettably, though, the Kangaroos could not string together a third win, despite playing against the Dingley Shittankers.

MCG-Unit proved once again that no lessons have been learned by picking a team that was good last year and has been summarily evicted from the winners circle. And as laughable as that result was, it was overshadowed by seasonedsainter and pebblesofsand getting served up a tarty bowl of just desserts after they both confused the team clutching the wooden spoon this year with the team that won the premiership last year.

So now only 3 remain. The podium is pulling away from the peloton. And the prestige of being the Saints BigFooty Last Man Standing is within reach of Grav, saintkildaman and Verdun66.

So best of luck to the best of us! May your tips be inspired by the lessons of those who have fallen in battle. Hold on ... has Grav tipped Geelong?!

Frustrated Head GIF

Scientific proof that humans are creatures of bad habit.

Happy Easter all you wonderful Last Man ByStanders. Remember don't hide all the eggs! Keep a couple for yourselves, to enjoy hopefully along with another Saints win.

Animated GIF

Just realized I failed to name the posters who foolishly bravely tipped North Melbourne last week. Yes that is not a typo good people they tipped Clarkson to guide his boys to a third win on the trot. DougalHoward and Saintos The ITK are the offending lunatics contestants, both fully justifying recent media commentry suggesting that when it comes to footy iq, they're both as sharp as beach balls.

The Last Man Standing team can reveal it's latest findings in Losertology, that the probability of North Melbourne securing three consecutive victories is directly correlated to the likelihood of sighting a unicorn grazing on your front lawn.

Unfortunately, Saintos the ITK and DougalHoward may have fallen for recent pseudoscience suggesting the density of Alistair Clarksons head might create a magnetic field strong enough to repel opposition attacking forays and grant North Melbourne a trifecta of miraculous victories. Realistically though, the actual chances of North Melbourne winning three wins in a row are, scientifically speaking, even less likely than Alistair Clarkson actually transforming into a jet plane whenever he extends his wings.

1680772529501.png

For future competitions the Last Man Standing team recommends against basing your tip on the premise that North Melbourne will win a third game in a row, unless of course you enjoy living on the edge of reality.

Anyway, thanks for playing to two of our more fearless tippers. We hope you have had a great time and in the future we encourage you both to say NO to psychedelics prior to putting your tips in.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here We Go Again Typography GIF by Mr A Hayes

Tipsters we have to say goodbye to Sainttony, yet again, as he embarrassingly believed that Port Adelaide might actually show up for the Showdown. As some may remember Sainttony was given a reprieve last week after failing to get his tips in the week prior, and was required to pick two winners this week. While he correctly tipped Collingwood to win, Port Adelaide let him down badly when they slowed down for the showdown and Sainttony has since been shown right out.

We commend Sainttony for his tenacity and determination to remain in the competition and trust that he has learned valuable lessons from his involvement. But just in case he hasn't, and wants to write a book about his life at some point in the future, let me spell it out.

The futility of optimism is a lesson that we must all learn at some point in our lives. We can approach each new challenge with enthusiasm and hope, only to be met with disappointment and frustration. This lesson is particularly evident in the Last Man Standing competition, where contestants make their best predictions based on their knowledge and experience, only to be eliminated one by one as the fickle winds of fate gust in unexpected directions. Yet despite all our losses, we continue to trust and believe that eventually the chosen will prevail, for it is our hope that gives us both the strength to face all our challenges and the determination to overcome them.

Farewell Sainttony

Hai Hello GIF
I was an absolute shoe in to win. Had it in the bag. !#$&+=/ Port. Never again.

ROUND 4 - RESULTS
Grav, saintkildaman & Verdun66

If you need to clarify which teams you have already tipped you can use the threadmarks to take view your tip history.

Yes. Correct you can only select a team once.
CursingFijian I think due to a misunderstanding where a team is only allowed to be entered once not being in the original rules post,
Verdun66 has snuck under the radar by picking Melbourne twice, do you concur?
Now being a kind, big hearted fella that I am, this can be sorted in one of two ways.
The first is, you admit to all & sundry that you made a mistake by letting Verdun66 pick Melbourne AGAIN & make him pick two winners like poor Sainttony in Round 3.
Or to save embarrassment & get me to make this post go away 😉 you can send out a bottle of the spirit of our liking to saintkildaman & myself.
Your choice, the clock is ticking. 😏

9A07CF77-3A64-401C-9042-95E308B27D26.gif

CursingFijian I think due to a misunderstanding where a team is only allowed to be entered once not being in the original rules post,
Verdun66 has snuck under the radar by picking Melbourne twice, do you concur?
Now being a kind, big hearted fella that I am, this can be sorted in one of two ways.
The first is, you admit to all & sundry that you made a mistake by letting Verdun66 pick Melbourne AGAIN & make him pick two winners like poor Sainttony in Round 3.
Or to save embarrassment & get me to make this post go away 😉 you can send out a bottle of the spirit of our liking to saintkildaman & myself.
Your choice, the clock is ticking. 😏

View attachment 1656050

Clock Tick Tock GIF by MOODMAN

I hereby tender my resignation to the Last Man Standing in disgrace.

I apologise to all my fans, for my oversight.

But somebody else can sort this s**t out now.

Hubnester get in here. This is your baby now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back