Movies & TV Last movie you watched?

Jun 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
View attachment 848889
Wasn't a bad zombie film. So many dumb decisions by the cast though.
7/10

Too right. Having caught a KTX bullet train to Busan before I thought this movie rocked despite the dumb decisions. Some interesting twists to the standard zombie behaviours (were they COVID zombies???) but it could have gone heavier on the gore in my opinon. I like entrails on the floor.

Spearman

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2017
expatriated in East Asia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ohio State Buckeyes
Not a movie, but an excellent podcast on movies to listen to while you're stuck at home. The Ringer is a sports channel by Bill Simmins, who is actually a good sports interviewer. He does the movie podcast The Rewatchables.
The Rewatchables Archives

The Godfather series are particularly good. One thing I learned was that the actress who plays the girl Pacino marries in One was actually 16 at the time of filming. :oops: And her real-life daughter played the hooker/love interest of George Clooney in The American.

BotsMaster

2022 Sep Premiers
Jan 26, 2009
Cheat Park
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Everton, Cardinals
unnamed (4).jpg

A pile of garbage. 0/10.

Got a Foxtel subscription and with the lack of live sport at the moment, they have given all sports subscription customers free access to the movie channels until the end of June - so something I've decided to make use of

Currently have 7 movies recorded to watch & another 12 set to record over the next fortnight

Yesterday I watched Rocketman; obviously the basic premise is based on Elton's life, but as per IMDB - A musical fantasy about the fantastical human story of Elton John's breakthrough years.

I enjoyed it, you just need to remember it's not a direct biopic - so important to suspend belief at times

Today I watched King of Thieves - it looked really good in the trailer, but I thought it was actually kinda slow moving as times & didn't keep my attention

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Got a Foxtel subscription and with the lack of live sport at the moment, they have given all sports subscription customers free access to the movie channels until the end of June - so something I've decided to make use of

Currently have 7 movies recorded to watch & another 12 set to record over the next fortnight

Yesterday I watched Rocketman; obviously the basic premise is based on Elton's life, but as per IMDB - A musical fantasy about the fantastical human story of Elton John's breakthrough years.

I enjoyed it, you just need to remember it's not a direct biopic - so important to suspend belief at times

Today I watched King of Thieves - it looked really good in the trailer, but I thought it was actually kinda slow moving as times & didn't keep my attention

I had heard a lot of neg about Rocketman..but I didn't mind it either. One has to remember that even bio type films are really accurate doc type deals.

At time I got the feeling they could be making the prelude to a musical with Rocketman ... they would have no trouble filling the music I guess.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
The third one was directed by David Fincher, the director of Seven (great movie) it was the fourth one (Alien: Resurrection) that was directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet.
Which one was the one on the prison planet... who ever did that ruined franchise. I have hear SWeaver go onabouyt the French director..not a big wrap.

Apr 10, 2019
In The Middle Of Nowhere
AFL Club
Geelong
Do you have a priority? My bet the 20th on the list will probably not watched. If you are recording things like Duel , are you recording lots of old classics?

Actually I over exaggerated I’ve got 17 movies and 15 shows to watch. The first few movies I recorded are prob the least I wish to watch first. Next I’m watching Once Upon A Time In Hollywood.

Dunno what his other films are.
- Reservoir Dogs
- Pulp Fiction
- Jackie Brown
- Kill Bill: Vol. 1
- Kill Bill: Vol. 2
- Death Proof
- Inglorious Bastards
- Django Unchained
- The Hateful Eight
- Once Upon a Time... inHollywood

Never seen any of the others, so can’t say.
I've only seen Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill Vol 1 & 2, and think I've seen Inglorious Bastards

I'd recommend Pulp Fiction & the Kill a Bill series (I preferred Vol 1 but might as well watch both) - but those are violent films, so they aren't for everyone

I do have Reservoir Dogs on DVD but never got around to watching it - I did start once but not sure why I stopped.

Back