Last touch rule

Should we introcue a "Last touch rule?"

• Yes - I want us to be like soccer

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • No - Stupid idea

Votes: 59 85.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd prefer it didn't eventuate, but sounds like it is becoming more and more likely. How will this rule not lead to countless reviews where the umpires have to come together to decide who touched it last?
it's a throw in if they're not sure

it's a throw in if they're not sure
They'd still have to come together almost every time to decide, though. Also, we may get those scenarios where they second-guess themselves like when they call for an obvious goal review.

We have the last touch rule in the SANFL, and it works just fine. Supporters are very comfortable with it. Once it's in, you'll hear people moan about it for the first 2-3 weeks, then they'll get used to it.
Not true, lots of supporters are far from "comfortable" with it. If it comes in should only be between the 50's. It can be a massive penalty.

Don't know what games you go to, if any (I notice you live in Sydney), but supporters have accepted the rule .. because it WORKS!!!
I don't live in Sydney anymore (just haven't changed location) You may also notice I support CDFC and I go every week except when we play the AFL Reserves. Great that you like the rule but lots don't; not sure how you can definitively speak for all supporters. It's all about opinions and shouting won't change mine.

Will see more players near the boundry flicking it off the legs of the opponent. Ginnivan will be training hard to refine it down to a T :tearsofjoy:

Back