Suspended
Dec 14, 2000
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide
Latest News.......

Fulham sign Van Der Sar for 7 million pounds

In dept Nottingham put entire first team on transer list

Everton Traitor John Oster put on transfer list by Sunderland :D!

Celtic talk with Elliot - Leicester tell them to piss off

Robert completes 10 million pound move to Newcastle

Burnley 0 - 1 EVERTON!!!!!!!!!!!

Proudly brought to you by your Local Soccer expert, Mr. QT ;)

Oster's crap anyway :D

Only good thing he ever did for Sunderland was in the Q-Finals of the League Cup about 2 years ago when he missed a sudden death penalty shoot-out shot against us when he used to play for Everton. Love ya Osts!!!:p

But the biggest news surely is the Celtic and Rangers attempt to enter the EPL. It does have precedents all throughout Europe;

Monaco are a separate country, but play in France.
Berwick Rangers (my Scottish team!!) are actually English but play in Scotland.
Wrexham, Swansea and Cardiff play in England but are from Wales.
Londonderry City play in the Republic of Ireland League, but are from Northern Ireland.

This might happen very soon, regardless of the denials coming through from the SFA and FA..........the Celtic president has basically said it is inevitable that Celtic and Rangers will leave Scotland.

What effects would that have on the SPL, it would probably go under?

They are the only 2 teams that have or probably will ever challenge for the title , and are so far ahead of the other Scottish clubs financially and talent wise, that if the 'big two' go, could it destroy the SPL?

Or conversely, would the SPL thrive with the new found competition? Would the Hibs and Dundee's thrive and new rivalries be born?

What do you think?

The Hitman

I think it would be a fantastic thing...the only problem is I wouldn't know who to go for, Celtic or Liverpool! But in reality I think it's a lot longer off than a couple of years, because think of the hassle Auckland had to go through to get a team in the NSL.

I believe the rule is a club can only play in the competition of another country if it's league is uncompetitave, but like CDFCLand said, there are precedents in this already.

I think FIFA will be reluctant for it to happen though, unless a deal can be struck that sees some of the profits generated by Celtic and Rangers flow down to the other Scottish teams. But it certainly would be good for the Scottish league, make it much more exciting.

But there was talk last year of a North Atlantic league, with the top 2 or 3 teams from Scotland, Denmark, Sweden and a couple of other countries playing each other. These ideas are constantly floated, but I think FIFA will always favour domestic clubs playing in their domestic leagues. That's why Wimbledon were prevented from moving to Dublin.

Originally posted by The Hitman
What effects would that have on the SPL, it would probably go under?

They are the only 2 teams that have or probably will ever challenge for the title , and are so far ahead of the other Scottish clubs financially and talent wise, that if the 'big two' go, could it destroy the SPL?

Or conversely, would the SPL thrive with the new found competition? Would the Hibs and Dundee's thrive and new rivalries be born?

What do you think?

The Hitman

Well it wasn't all that long ago that both Rangers and Celtic were crap and Aberdeen and Dundee United ran the Scottish game. In the early 1980's they were called the 'New Firm' because of the fear that they would dominate the Scottish League just as the Old Firm does now.

Hibs were the dominant team in Scotland in the 1950's, the early 1960's belonged to Kilmarnock and Hearts and so on. I think Scottish Football would do okay without them. Hibs and Hearts are pretty big clubs, not in comparison to the Old Firm, but they certainly are bigger than any other clubs in Scotland. Edinburgh is the capital of Scotland after all, and they would probably start winning everything along with Aberdeen. As long as a Champions League spot still went to the Scottish Champions I think the SPL would thrive. In Glasgow itself you might even find Rangers and Celtic fans watching some of the other Glasgow or near Glasgow sides such as Partick, Clyde and Queens Park in the Scottish League in addition to the Old Firm in the EPL.

I would cack myself laughing if they joined the EPL and got immediately relegated to the Nationwide League. What would they do then? Probably bugger off back to Scotland :p

Sorry mate.......last into the English league, first out IMHO :D

and since when have the Boro been from the North East? They're Yorkshire ;)

'That's why Wimbledon were prevented from moving to Dublin'

Looks like Wimbledon are moving to Milton Keynes now. Probably a good move, Milton Keynes is quite a large town with no club of its own.........it worked for Livingston in Scotland who used to be Meadowbank before they moved cities. From D3 to the Premier League in about 6-7 years.

Originally posted by CDFCLad
'That's why Wimbledon were prevented from moving to Dublin'

Looks like Wimbledon are moving to Milton Keynes now. Probably a good move, Milton Keynes is quite a large town with no club of its own.........it worked for Livingston in Scotland who used to be Meadowbank before they moved cities. From D3 to the Premier League in about 6-7 years.

HAHA I just heard, Wimbledon fans will have to travel 100 miles to see Home games!

Milton Keynes Crazy Gang

Being a Wimbledon supporter and only just hearing the news I think it's good. Like CDFCLad said Milton Keynes is a large town without a club and it means that Wimbledon wouldn't have to merge or continue being Crystal Palace's tenant at Selhurst Park.
The distance factor for fans doesn't really bother me that much, I live a world away from them away!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back