Prediction Latitude Financial new shorts sponsor for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Got a feeling we will end up with Ampol. No evidence to support that whatsoever other than the fact that they are throwing coin around at the moment with the brand re-entering the market. Would look good on the jumper too
E55DD1ED-52D3-4342-9BAF-2675C315B4EA.jpeg C5EAD19C-9E38-4C02-8B02-23C11B60F787.jpeg C9E78422-AFC8-4131-B7FB-23C2EC414800.jpeg

Would be surprised if Jeep remain on the numbers alone. They signed the deal when they sold bucket loads but poor vehicle reliability and even worse customer service has seen their sales slump. They will probably sell 5300 vehicles this year. I’m thinking that the main jumper sponsor for a multi-flag winning team would be paying $2m plus product. That‘s $370 per car they sell. An efficient, established car company would be budgeting $1000 per car for advertising and promotion (not sales support). Let’s for the sake of argument say Jeep budget $2000 and they sell 6000 cars, that’s $12m. If $2m is going on our sponsorship, that’s 17%, which any CEO would tell his marketing head, “you’re dreaming” unless CEO was a big fan (like Leon Daphne) but Jeep have a relatively new overseas head so that’s unlikely. With our $2m Jeep would “only” have $10m a year to do tv, digital, radio, newspapers, dealer support and all the other stuff which leaves them far too thin. on the plus side they have launched a new model and have some more coming. If I was them I would be going back to the U.S head office and say ’’we can’t afford this out of our budget but it is a great team, has great values and the sponsorship is great for us to rebuild the brand can you please pay for it?”
Kia do this with the Australian Open tennis sponsorship. It’s paid out of Korea from head office. The one thing that does concern me though is how engaged are Jeep with the club. Jeep don’t seem to have leveraged the sponsorship as well as they could given our success. Some hypotheticals in the figures - perhaps they budget $3k or $4k a vehicle - but the relativities remain, not helped by a weak Aussie $ against a strong $US.

I also think Jeeps sponsorship is maybe a touch under $2 million a year. I think we need to get another car company like KIA or a petrol company like AMPOL to takeover the sponsorship. I think the club should be looking at $2.5 million per year as a minimum and thats not including the back of jumper sponsor which could be worth another $1 million a year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I also think Jeeps sponsorship is maybe a touch under $2 million a year. I think we need to get another car company like KIA or a petrol company like AMPOL to takeover the sponsorship. I think the club should be looking at $2.5 million per year as a minimum and thats not including the back of jumper sponsor which could be worth another $1 million a year.
think we are gonna get * all from whoever it is due to coronis but every club in same boat

Something that is only recognisable to the MCG, because that's where we play all our games (can't / don't travel).

Maybe the MCG could sponsor us?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back