Prediction Latitude Financial new shorts sponsor for 2021

All Aust

Oct 29, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Would be surprised if Jeep remain on the numbers alone. They signed the deal when they sold bucket loads but poor vehicle reliability and even worse customer service has seen their sales slump. They will probably sell 5300 vehicles this year. I’m thinking that the main jumper sponsor for a multi-flag winning team would be paying $2m plus product. That‘s $370 per car they sell. An efficient, established car company would be budgeting $1000 per car for advertising and promotion (not sales support). Let’s for the sake of argument say Jeep budget $2000 and they sell 6000 cars, that’s $12m. If $2m is going on our sponsorship, that’s 17%, which any CEO would tell his marketing head, “you’re dreaming” unless CEO was a big fan (like Leon Daphne) but Jeep have a relatively new overseas head so that’s unlikely. With our $2m Jeep would “only” have $10m a year to do tv, digital, radio, newspapers, dealer support and all the other stuff which leaves them far too thin. on the plus side they have launched a new model and have some more coming. If I was them I would be going back to the U.S head office and say ’’we can’t afford this out of our budget but it is a great team, has great values and the sponsorship is great for us to rebuild the brand can you please pay for it?”
Kia do this with the Australian Open tennis sponsorship. It’s paid out of Korea from head office. The one thing that does concern me though is how engaged are Jeep with the club. Jeep don’t seem to have leveraged the sponsorship as well as they could given our success. Some hypotheticals in the figures - perhaps they budget $3k or $4k a vehicle - but the relativities remain, not helped by a weak Aussie $ against a strong $US.
But Rolls Royce has a great logo and reflects past (Hart) an present (team) accurately. Go to work marketing, I want see the Rolls Royce centre!

Would be surprised if Jeep remain on the numbers alone. They signed the deal when they sold bucket loads but poor vehicle reliability and even worse customer service has seen their sales slump. They will probably sell 5300 vehicles this year. I’m thinking that the main jumper sponsor for a multi-flag winning team would be paying $2m plus product. That‘s $370 per car they sell. An efficient, established car company would be budgeting $1000 per car for advertising and promotion (not sales support). Let’s for the sake of argument say Jeep budget $2000 and they sell 6000 cars, that’s $12m. If $2m is going on our sponsorship, that’s 17%, which any CEO would tell his marketing head, “you’re dreaming” unless CEO was a big fan (like Leon Daphne) but Jeep have a relatively new overseas head so that’s unlikely. With our $2m Jeep would “only” have $10m a year to do tv, digital, radio, newspapers, dealer support and all the other stuff which leaves them far too thin. on the plus side they have launched a new model and have some more coming. If I was them I would be going back to the U.S head office and say ’’we can’t afford this out of our budget but it is a great team, has great values and the sponsorship is great for us to rebuild the brand can you please pay for it?”
Kia do this with the Australian Open tennis sponsorship. It’s paid out of Korea from head office. The one thing that does concern me though is how engaged are Jeep with the club. Jeep don’t seem to have leveraged the sponsorship as well as they could given our success. Some hypotheticals in the figures - perhaps they budget $3k or $4k a vehicle - but the relativities remain, not helped by a weak Aussie $ against a strong $US.
Jeep sponsor Jeventus one of the biggest soccer clubs in the entire world
You are drastically understating how much money they are willing to spend on corporate sponsorship
It’s all about brand association and the money and decisions would be coming from Jeep head office

Holden were still pumping money into Collingwood when they had basically been trading insolvent for years

Last edited:

BC9_

Yellow & Black ???
Jan 31, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
78846AA4-1DA1-4B85-B3AE-2E2736F44D25.jpeg
E40BDB48-DCB8-406A-98DD-1833884104DA.jpeg
3B9BC5D0-1F2C-4DD9-8EAE-15DB44E736AB.jpeg
51080E93-5CD0-43C1-A66C-DB01FE120ADC.jpeg
D6CAA1CD-3942-4555-BD97-F16F94ACBCEF.jpeg

Do what you need to do and get it done RFC.

Obviously get rid of the Carlton and put Richmond on all variants.

Jun 16, 2020
Munted
AFL Club
Richmond
NIB confirmed for both AFL and AFLW again for 2021. Looks like its only a one year deal. bloody snot green box

The nib logo will again appear on the back of both the Richmond AFL and AFLW jumpers in 2021.

dusty1234!

2017 2019 2020
Jan 14, 2020
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Manchester United
1 month away from the season start and we still don't have a new shorts sponsor :drunk: surely someone wants to sponsor the biggest club in the land after 3 flags in 4 years ?

I thought otterbox were still on board it looks that way at training anyway

1 month away from the season start and we still don't have a new shorts sponsor :drunk: surely someone wants to sponsor the biggest club in the land after 3 flags in 4 years ?

Can't believe you missed A.G. Coombs Group as new AFLW front of jumper sponsor. Obviously you're asleep at the wheel, or the Dungeon.

Haere Ra

Back