Lauderdale FC

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2006
AFL Club
Adelaide
Since there are threads on almost every other club on here, thought it would be an idea to have a look at Lauderdale. Have watched a few of their games this year, well home games anyway.
Are they on the rise? Well they have have just signed Darren Winter for another 3 years, so that is a big coop for the club. They havent had any stability for years with their senior coaches. As the media keep pumping up, they have some great kids. Alex Hill, Sam O'Byrne, Ryan Wiggins, Shaun McKay etc, with a couple of experienced players like Marcus Fitze, Tim Perkins and Matthew Smith.
They've been a bit inconsistent this year, but give these youngsters a couple of years, they could be up there with Clarence and Launceston as a power club of the TSL.

Challenge for them is to keep their good kids at the club. They have always had great juniors but they never seem to make an impact in the senior comp. They're going well this year though. Hopefully they sneak into the finals.

Kaine Waller has been a great pick up. One of their best players

Someone should put a Victoria Cross on Marcus Fitze.

In my time watching this great game no one has been more dedicated to the cause than this bloke.

Champion clubman.

Since there are threads on almost every other club on here, thought it would be an idea to have a look at Lauderdale. Have watched a few of their games this year, well home games anyway.
Are they on the rise? Well they have have just signed Darren Winter for another 3 years, so that is a big coop for the club. They havent had any stability for years with their senior coaches. As the media keep pumping up, they have some great kids. Alex Hill, Sam O'Byrne, Ryan Wiggins, Shaun McKay etc, with a couple of experienced players like Marcus Fitze, Tim Perkins and Matthew Smith.
They've been a bit inconsistent this year, but give these youngsters a couple of years, they could be up there with Clarence and Launceston as a power club of the TSL.

I'm sure the Lauderdale people can speak for themselves. I think their is a lot to like about how they have gone about improving their club. Coming from country footy to state wide has been a hell of a jump in a very few years.

I know they want to improve but I reckon their ground will always hold them back. Its right on the sea level so its never going to drain properly & will be affected with ant rise in sea level. Instead of spending money on it I think they should move. Maybe up near the school.

The recent weather & water surges show how vulnerable that area really is.
I dont think just spending money on the ground & facilities is the answer.
Kingborough bit the bullet & got off their little beachside mud puddle. They now have a great facility & a bright future one would think. Lauderdale need to plan ahead. I'd hate to see them waste their time & money & over capitalise on that ground which seems to have such a limited future.

I'm sure the Lauderdale people can speak for themselves. I think their is a lot to like about how they have gone about improving their club. Coming from country footy to state wide has been a hell of a jump in a very few years.

I know they want to improve but I reckon their ground will always hold them back. Its right on the sea level so its never going to drain properly & will be affected with ant rise in sea level. Instead of spending money on it I think they should move. Maybe up near the school.

The recent weather & water surges show how vulnerable that area really is.
I dont think just spending money on the ground & facilities is the answer.
Kingborough bit the bullet & got off their little beachside mud puddle. They now have a great facility & a bright future one would think. Lauderdale need to plan ahead. I'd hate to see them waste their time & money & over capitalise on that ground which seems to have such a limited future.

pull your head out of the sand. did you see the ground last weekend compared to KGV? glenorchy was a complete mess with the weather and Lauderdale was fine.. slightly boggy but not a mud heap like out at Pie Land.

using the ground as an excuse is poor form. the bombers are on the up, are a genuine chance of playing finals this year and as already mentioned, could be a force in a couple of years time.

how many clarence players were in the u18 mariners this yr? lauderdale's future is bright.

pull your head out of the sand. did you see the ground last weekend compared to KGV? glenorchy was a complete mess with the weather and Lauderdale was fine.. slightly boggy but not a mud heap like out at Pie Land.

using the ground as an excuse is poor form. the bombers are on the up, are a genuine chance of playing finals this year and as already mentioned, could be a force in a couple of years time.

how many clarence players were in the u18 mariners this yr? lauderdale's future is bright.

Sounds like your the one with your head stuck somewhere. Probably where the sun doesnt shine.:eek:

how many clarence players were in the u18 mariners this yr? lauderdale's future is bright.[/quote]
Mate how many mariners players from the last 5 years still play TSL football, you would be surprised how many just dont care after the programe finishes, Lauderdale have always had good kids its just a matter of keeping them interested in footy

The Tip is coming long nicely. compared to what it was 2/3 years ago!

No doubt lauderdale will be a force, if they keep there list + recruit a few bigger names to complement the kids, in the years to come (why not this year)

Stability is a big key i think, Winter signing for 3 years is a massive massive positive.

Note Clarence are the only team to win a premiership since statewide footy returned, and are the only club to have kept with the same coach!

they should throw the coin at k.waller to keep him!!, as i reckon hel be back at dodges ferry next year!!

i have herd that a few good young blokes with dodges are going to hobart next year! with hobart's future not looking safe the bombers should try to nab them??!!

they should throw the coin at k.waller to keep him!!, as i reckon hel be back at dodges ferry next year!!

i have herd that a few good young blokes with dodges are going to hobart next year! with hobart's future not looking safe the bombers should try to nab them??!!

Do you know why he would head back? Money? not enjoying it?

He has had a fairly big impact by the sounds of things and would be a pretty big loss for the bombers!

What makes you say they about Waller? I have personally spoke to him on more than one occasion and hasn’t given me that impression (the opposite actually). Would be a massive loss, has a huge amount of respect within the club. Plus he's a quality bloke.:thumbsu:

Had quite a few in the Mariners squad this year, but many of them failed to play more than a game or two.

Boscott got a shot with the U16s as an overager and Ryan Wiggins is also up there this week. Wiggins has been booting bags of goals at senior level this year and looks to have a really promising future. Walsh, Hibberd and Sam Siggins all get another crack at Mariners U18s in 2012. The latter looks as though he's got a future ahead of him.

I think their future looks alright, hopefully they can keep these kids around the club if they don't end up in the AFL system.

I think Wiggins will be a star. Only turned 16 earlier this year, and is playing as a key forward in seniors.
Very big things ahead for this lad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When it really mattered Lauderdale did just enough today at the TCA.

Hobart were gallant. Throw Cas and half a dozen goodies in there and they would be a good side.

When it really mattered Lauderdale did just enough today at the TCA.

Hobart were gallant. Throw Cas and half a dozen goodies in there and they would be a good side.

Being Gallant won't win them games though Duff! I don't think they (hobart) know how to win!!

Lauderdale will jump into the 5? With Nth launie and Glenorchy looking shakey there is a spot in the finals for the taking!

Had quite a few in the Mariners squad this year, but many of them failed to play more than a game or two.

Boscott got a shot with the U16s as an overager and Ryan Wiggins is also up there this week. Wiggins has been booting bags of goals at senior level this year and looks to have a really promising future. Walsh, Hibberd and Sam Siggins all get another crack at Mariners U18s in 2012. The latter looks as though he's got a future ahead of him.

I think their future looks alright, hopefully they can keep these kids around the club if they don't end up in the AFL system.

Have had a chance to see most of these boys (except Wiggins) and they would should all be in the best 22 Mariners for 2012.

Siggins in particular impresses me with his size, height and agility. Reads the ball beautifully in the air and can take a strong overhead mark. A big pre-season in the gymnasium and on the track could make him a target for AFL recruiters.

Lauderdale are doing the right thing by these boys and the club by giving them a opportunity at senior level. I am sure they will repay the club with quality football.

Without taking anything from the Tigers that was a pretty tame effort by the Lauderdale boys on Saturday.

They still look as though they have 3-4 blokes who are not up to this level and so need to recruit some seasoned, bigger older bodies.

Throw a Kamarick, Cassidy, Westfield or a Michael Thompson into the mix and the show would rock.

Without taking anything from the Tigers that was a pretty tame effort by the Lauderdale boys on Saturday.

They still look as though they have 3-4 blokes who are not up to this level and so need to recruit some seasoned, bigger older bodies.

Throw a Kamarick, Cassidy, Westfield or a Michael Thompson into the mix and the show would rock.

God you make me laugh Duff. Players like you have mentioned just grow on trees down South don’t they? Maybe Lauderdale could go and spend $60,000 and recruit from the coast like Glenorchy did!!!!!

Jack Siggins and Alex Hill didnt play Duff. There's CHB an FB right there.

Jack Siggins and Alex Hill didnt play Duff. There's CHB an FB right there.

I'll take your Siggins and Hill and raise you a Cassidy and Reeves:)

I actually think the gains they have at present in a good game plan, disciplined younger players and a more skilled outfit are somewhat trumped by their lack of hardness around the footy, they have a better balance of inside to outside players but their inside players don't really hurt you as say a Bryce O'Garey when at Glenorchy or a Puiselli. Waller and Fitz are solid but not superstars, Smith only real elite player for Lauderdale and was quiet once Danny Flood went to him. Hobart probably a 4 goal better team on the day but they seem to have forgotten how to win games and just didn't put the young Lauderdale team away when the opportunities arose? All in all a pretty good game to be honest.

Still trying to figure out that goal when the Lauderdale player took a mark and dropped the ball when he hit the deck and his team mate picked it up and kicked a goal for the umpire to signal advantage from a Mark:confused: Willing then got aggro and Dienno won an academy award and there you go 2 goals but them's the breaks!

I actually think the gains they have at present in a good game plan, disciplined younger players and a more skilled outfit are somewhat trumped by their lack of hardness around the footy, they have a better balance of inside to outside players but their inside players don't really hurt you as say a Bryce O'Garey when at Glenorchy or a Puiselli. Waller and Fitz are solid but not superstars, Smith only real elite player for Lauderdale and was quiet once Danny Flood went to him. Hobart probably a 4 goal better team on the day but they seem to have forgotten how to win games and just didn't put the young Lauderdale team away when the opportunities arose? All in all a pretty good game to be honest.

Still trying to figure out that goal when the Lauderdale player took a mark and dropped the ball when he hit the deck and his team mate picked it up and kicked a goal for the umpire to signal advantage from a Mark:confused: Willing then got aggro and Dienno won an academy award and there you go 2 goals but them's the breaks!

Fair comments...... Although Bombers had a fair few more scoring shots. Tigers showed heap of spirit! I honestly thought heaps would turn out for them but crowd was fairly small. What did you think of the free kick Hall received 25m out straight in front? Hudson put a text book tackle on him and umpire said it was a sling tackle? Maybe I might be falling way behind with the rules but I thought it was 100% ok. Duff if you have the vision (10 mins to go last qtr) put it up cause I would be interested to see every one's opinion...............

Fair comments...... Although Bombers had a fair few more scoring shots. Tigers showed heap of spirit! I honestly thought heaps would turn out for them but crowd was fairly small. What did you think of the free kick Hall received 25m out straight in front? Hudson put a text book tackle on him and umpire said it was a sling tackle? Maybe I might be falling way behind with the rules but I thought it was 100% ok. Duff if you have the vision (10 mins to go last qtr) put it up cause I would be interested to see every one's opinion...............

I reckon you could have tossed a coin for pretty much 70% of the decisions on the day, the players certainly didn't have a clue what was going to be called, I felt the guys umpiring froze at times and didn't even know what to call, they ceretainly lost the plot unfortunately. To be honest till all playing footballers are required to umpire at some stage on a rostered basis like most other sports umpiring will always be an issue,these kids have little feel for the game but know the rules so often apply blanket rules for gray situations, Halls tackle an example, umpires do have impacts on results nowdays with things like 50m penalty's etc often being far grreater than the original infringement. Briggs 50m for deflecting a handball whilst on the mark is one, the player clearly went to handball, Briggs blocked it but the ump said 50m because he hadn't the time to call play on ??? WTF just take the ball back and let the player take his kick, don't pay a 50m for goodness sake!

I reckon you could have tossed a coin for pretty much 70% of the decisions on the day, the players certainly didn't have a clue what was going to be called, I felt the guys umpiring froze at times and didn't even know what to call, they ceretainly lost the plot unfortunately. To be honest till all playing footballers are required to umpire at some stage on a rostered basis like most other sports umpiring will always be an issue,these kids have little feel for the game but know the rules so often apply blanket rules for gray situations, Halls tackle an example, umpires do have impacts on results nowdays with things like 50m penalty's etc often being far grreater than the original infringement. Briggs 50m for deflecting a handball whilst on the mark is one, the player clearly went to handball, Briggs blocked it but the ump said 50m because he hadn't the time to call play on ??? WTF just take the ball back and let the player take his kick, don't pay a 50m for goodness sake!

have not seen any of this game but judging by the way you guys are talking about the umpiring i would say mark tuckett was officiating, or should i say over officiating? the guy is from another planet.
a bloke by the name of bessell was umpiring at north hobart & no-one new what he was going on about. absolutely horrible, crucified players from both sides.

Fair point DC. I was just informing Duff that Lauderdale had 2 players not playing that fit into the mould he thinks they are missing.

I have seen Hobart play with and without Cassidy. He leaves a big hole when not playing.

Yeah spot on mate. Half the calls they made they could of just let go. It felt like the paid a kick every time there was a contest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back