Coach Lauren Arnell to join men’s coaching group

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Port Adelaide AFLW senior coach Lauren Arnell is joining the men's coaching group to work with the AFL side throughout the week, in addition to taking on a gameday role in the SANFL program

Port Adelaide AFLW senior coach Lauren Arnell is joining the men's coaching group to work with the AFL side throughout the week, in addition to taking on a gameday role in the SANFL program

Yay, someone who managed to win a single game in the AFLW is bound to take us to glory 😂😂.

Arnell wasn't exactly handed the Yankees Murderer's Row line-up.
She's building a young team from scratch. We weren't going to win the flag.
I'm not quite sure of your point? If we are appointing a coach to work in the football program and coach our young forwards in the SANFL, I would expect it be the best person. If Lauren is that person, great, but it doesn't strike me as an overly extensive search. It's particularly concerning when our assistants panel is wafer-thin, apart from our next senior coach.

I'm not quite sure of your point? If we are appointing a coach to work in the football program and coach our young forwards in the SANFL, I would expect it be the best person. If Lauren is that person, great, but it doesn't strike me as an overly extensive search. It's particularly concerning when our assistants panel is wafer-thin, apart from our next senior coach.
Sorry, I misunderstood your post, I thought you were addressing her Women's coaching role.

Why would immersing our Women's coach in as much AFL coaching experience as we can be a bad thing?
The same way underfunding the whole coaching set up is a stupid thing to do.

Not only that but we will also now have either:

A) she has nothing to contribute but will take time from an under resourced group.
Or
B) Be used in a position where there has been zero attempt to find the ‘best’ for the job.

The club are hoping for
C) she can contribute for the lowest cost possible.

Which is why we don’t win things.

The same way underfunding the whole coaching set up is a stupid thing to do.

Not only that but we will also now have either:

A) she has nothing to contribute but will take time from an under resourced group.
Or
B) Be used in a position where there has been zero attempt to find the ‘best’ for the job.

The club are hoping for
C) she can contribute for the lowest cost possible.

Which is why we don’t win things.
Yeah, I mean it's almost like there's some cap on footy department spending, meaning clubs try to get creative with resources

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol our coaching line up is so bad. Nothing against Arnell but if this is what we are doing to top up our dire and empty mens coaching ranks...weve come full circle to bRyan Mcmillan.

Yeah, I mean it's almost like there's some cap on footy department spending, meaning clubs try to get creative with resources
At the cap are we? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Back