Team Mgmt. Laverde, Langford or Fantasia

Remove this Banner Ad

Echoing some of the same thought's of the board. for mine Laverde is the clear stand out some glipses of what he has produced as an 18 year old have been simply out standing. A bull at the contest and knows how to move in traffic. Needs to start accumulating more which I put to not having the tank at the moment.

If he can learn how to find the footy more he will go past Hepp as our best midfielder real quick.

Very intrigued by what Woosha's plans are for Langford. He's shown great skills in traffic, and his last few games as a midfielder in the VFL featured an unreasonable amount of sauciness. People forget that even though Laverde was more physically ready, Langford was in the final 25 for round 1, and debuted much earlier. Pretty impressive when he is as skinny as he is, and when he was a bottom age draftee.

Might add too that people shouldn't totally disregard Long either. Has a pun way to go, but I've liked what I've seen of his skills, and he has some nice pace. Have a concern that he's not suited to a forward pocket because he seemed to struggle to get involved from there, but that may have been more because of a lack of size/fitness and he carried a few injuries. What sums him up for me though was in the final against Williamstown, when a NOB skyscraper 20m kick left him in a vulnerable position, he knew there were opp. players ahead and behind him, but he went in anyway and got completely crunched.

Can't teach that. Just needs a good pre-season and to turn 9-10 nice disposal games into 15 and 20 nice disposal games.

Last edited:
Laverde reminds me of Kouta.

Langford has qualities that could make him great though, like seriously great.

Fantasia should be a solid AFL player but the other two could be anything imo.

What sums him up for me though was in the final against Williamstown, when a NOB skyscraper 20m kick left him in a vulnerable position, he knew there were opp. players ahead and behind him, but he went in anyway and got completely crunched.

Can't teach that.

He did this in his first AFL game too. Went hard at two balls where ne knew contact was coming and got crunched.

Once he puts on some size he is going to be terrific.

I think he will be the best of the three.

Langford will be the game winner.
Laverde will be the engine.
Fantasia will be the sparkplug.

Guile's_Flash_Kick.gif

Laverde has the potential to be a top 20 player in the league, maybe even top 5.
Langford could be anything, huge upside and polish, I think he might be what Melksham was supposed to be.
Fantasia, that last round showed his potential, here's hoping he takes that confidence into the pre-season, needs to be locked in the gym.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you base the Langford opinion on?

You're not alone in this thread questioning whether he'll make it but it's one of the strongest statements for the negative.
I just don't see anything oustanding about him.

He looks athletic enough, and moves to good spots, but what else?

He's not tall or big enough to be a key forward, and has no apparent qualities that will make him a good midfielder.

I don't dislike him as a player or anything, but he reminds me a bit of another O'Brien or Browne that just never finds his spot.

He's not tall or big enough to be a key forward, and has no apparent qualities that will make him a good midfielder.

I don't dislike him as a player or anything, but he reminds me a bit of another O'Brien or Browne that just never finds his spot.

Given he's the youngest on our list, and by a fair margin, I'm prepared to give him a bit of rope. The fact he is athletic enough and moves to the right spots is a start, he has good courage and he also has above average skills.

I also liked what the VFL watchers said about his form in the midfield when moved there late in the season.

Strongly disagree with the no apparent qualities from Langford.

Bit harsh on Langford imo. He's still pretty light on but was able to show plenty of courage against much bigger boys. I think he can become a third tall with stints in the middle, depending on how tall he gets. He's definately a bit of a smooth mover and hasnt even had one full pre-season just yet. Give the kid a chance to develop, I think he'll turn out to be a solid player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back