Other Lawn bowls

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone getting up and ready for pennant yet ? Here in Ballarat start back on the 13th November 14 week season , no promotion or relegation again this year.
Hopefully the weather will improve a bit by then the turf greens in Ballarat look shocking so far this year (good job we are on carpet)

Anyone getting up and ready for pennant yet ? Here in Ballarat start back on the 13th November 14 week season , no promotion or relegation again this year.
Hopefully the weather will improve a bit by then the turf greens in Ballarat look shocking so far this year (good job we are on carpet)
We start on the 13th and we're still playing 18 rounds with promotion/relegation.

We do have 3 rounds of sat/sun though..

Well done.

Glenroy narrowly lost their game today. If the sections remain at 8 teams next season, you might have lost Werribee - and picked up Essendon’s top side who’ve just dropped out of Premier.

That group of death you’re in might become insane.

whittlesea’s top side dropped out of Premier also, but I can’t see them lobbing into your section. Then again, Bowlsvic does make stupid, illogical decisions.
We ended up getting both relegated premier league teams in our section. 🤦

Won my way through to final 8 of singles.
Yes we're a bit early in Shepparton district.
And pennant starts this Saturday.
I'm the new player in the club with skipper and topliner written all over me.

Tickets on yourself ... :moustache: .

Not tickets myself.
It's a small town club who probably don't see many younger types walk into club pre season.
I was amazed at the level and casualness towards bowls as it's more retirement village stuff.
I've just returned from a winter on the north coast playing 4 days a week.

Haven't played since 17-18 but got an emergency call-up to fill in with my old club this week. Throwing me straight into second division.

What could possibly go wrong....

Haven't played since 17-18 but got an emergency call-up to fill in with my old club this week. Throwing me straight into second division.

What could possibly go wrong....
It won't take long to get back into the swing of things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any details.
Did it cover 1 or 2 greens?
Will others be put out of action until engineering clearance
I think they’ll be on the lawn greens for some time.
249817695_1506995836323868_6840057611443417784_n.jpg

248516007_2019348141575903_7296152148154829546_n.jpg

Any details.
Spoke to member yesterday complete rebuild looking at 12 months ...carpet and underlay will need to be replaced as well. Not sure about other clubs domes , pretty sure Sebastopol in Ballarat has the same. You would think they would close them down while they get signed off by an engineer.

Spoke to member yesterday complete rebuild looking at 12 months ...carpet and underlay will need to be replaced as well. Not sure about other clubs domes , pretty sure Sebastopol in Ballarat has the same. You would think they would close them down while they get signed off by an engineer.
Yes I would've thought bowls Vic and bowls Australia would have put out a blanket ban until an engineers go ahead was approved.
Astonished they actually haven't.

How did everyone go on the weekend ? Lost in pennant by three overall at home result flattered us. One rink was seventeen zip down before they scored and we were nine zip down !
Then played district pair's on Sunday under the roof at Sebastopol coldest day I have ever bowled in , took about two hours in front of the heater to warm up when I got home.

How did everyone go on the weekend ? Lost in pennant by three overall at home result flattered us. One rink was seventeen zip down before they scored and we were nine zip down !
Then played district pair's on Sunday under the roof at Sebastopol coldest day I have ever bowled in , took about two hours in front of the heater to warm up when I got home.
I played a 6's tournament there in winter ... At night too.

The coldest I've ever been apart from playing a Friday night game at Altona sports last year.

Any details.
Worksafe shut it down. 12 months out of action from what Bushy was saying. Needs to be rebuilt.

Been having a gander at the Premier League results and noticed some very interesting names in there.
Teys, Wedlcok, Ferguson, Anderson and Twist. Are these guys here for the whole season or just until their
own Pennant Season kicks off?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back