AFL Club
Sydney
Went to Eastern park.
They're reputation is fantastic.
Reality has been God awful greens.
Pathetic selection.
Below any standard leadership.
And the league is shoddy.
Helping players of lesser talent non existent.
THE GEELONG LEAGUE
Clubs are watering greens to advantage.
There is minimal cohesion between clubs.
Players abandon clubs yearly.
League will cancel pennant rather than move to plastic.
Clubs refuse to make a strong league and only care about themselves.
Distinct lack of betterment of the game, which is struggling for numbers.
All clubs say "but every other club does that"

Completely lacking the heart and community feeling of country clubs and associations.

I absolutely have detested the dumb decision I've made playing in this city.
Will never bowl again unless I return to a country club and happy to travel to vindicate my feelings.
Sorry to hear that ...my only experience of Eastern Park was a few years ago and the greens were good. Geelong has money floating around and top level players (and those that think they are) jump from one club to another all the time. Watering greens really sh#ts me no end but normally it backfires when they play finals on quick greens and they have no clue. Maybe have a look at the Colac comp they have more country clubs and it's not that far from Geelong might be more to your liking. Brian Inglis I think plays at Eastern Park he's from Colac he might be able to point you in the right direction.

Sorry to hear that ...my only experience of Eastern Park was a few years ago and the greens were good. Geelong has money floating around and top level players (and those that think they are) jump from one club to another all the time. Watering greens really sh#ts me no end but normally it backfires when they play finals on quick greens and they have no clue. Maybe have a look at the Colac comp they have more country clubs and it's not that far from Geelong might be more to your liking. Brian Inglis I think plays at Eastern Park he's from Colac he might be able to point you in the right direction.
I was thinking of playing for Eastern Park again next year but I'm not sure I will now.

I've had a look at their selections this year and shook my head in dismay.

I'm currently at Bacchus Marsh and we need 18 points this week and a couple of results to fall our way to avoid getting relegated from div 1.

As usual Jimmy Whitehead likes to put us in the hardest section each year.

Sqotty from office works

Premium Platinum
Jul 24, 2021
Mclean
AFL Club
Carlton
I was thinking of playing for Eastern Park again next year but I'm not sure I will now.

I've had a look at their selections this year and shook my head in dismay.

I'm currently at Bacchus Marsh and we need 18 points this week and a couple of results to fall our way to avoid getting relegated from div 1.

As usual Jimmy Whitehead likes to put us in the hardest section each year.
Good luck.

lost pennant finals
lost my 4th club 4s final
lost my 5th club pairs final

packaged my bowls and sent them to elon musk to put on a rocket and shoot them straight at the sun
That's stiff. I'm in the club pairs final which should be played soon.

kriles76

Club Legend
Jul 16, 2003
37° 44′ 00″ S, 144° 51′ 59″ E
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Keilor Bowls Club
Bundled out in the first week of the finals.

For nearly LoL’s, Melton lost their home final and not convincing in winning their PF. Go ACBC in the GF!
I understand Melton lost by 1 shot to ACBC in the GF.
choking mom + pop music GIF by Neon Indian

Laughter Wtf GIF by ADWEEK

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ballarat Bob

Team Captain
Feb 5, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
Lost Saturday and midweek grand finals , have been in unbeaten teams three times in tournaments not won a cent.
Could have should have year....but will rock up again in spring for another go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back