Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
Wouldn't mind a 'lay it on the line' thread where everyone state their biases without reproach.
Great idea KC!

confirmation.png

My most obvious one is that Brad Scott is heading us in the right direction. While I've got concerns he may lack the utter ruthlessness required, on the whole I tend to interpret most of his actions, or inactions, positively.

"No reproach!"

- I think Brad Scott is taking us in the right direction
- I think Taz can still become a dangerous player
- I think the popular younger players (Garner, Wood, Delaney, etc) should have to force the less popular older players (Grima, Gibson, Adams) out of the side. No more gifting games on potential.
- I think Ziebell is a god

I reckon the first 10 rounds could be very rough and a lot of NM supporters are presuming that the team will get better than they were last year.

It is my view a presumption that will last lead to a few tears.

You have spent too much time on the Bay!
Look at our first 10 games and estimate how many you think we will win, honestly. 6 would be great, 5 good and 3-4 very possible and then watch the build up of pressure, as evidenced by previous years on this board, if we win 3-4 out of the first 10.

Look at our first 10 games and estimate how many you think we will win, honestly. 6 would be great, 5 good and 3-4 very possible and then watch the build up of pressure, as evidenced by previous years on this board, if we win 3-4 out of the first 10.

North vs * = 50/50 in my view. The pessimist in me says a loss. If we win then i genuinely think we will be top 4 as we will have turned the corner.

Will beat dogs in round 2

Should beat Port in round 3 - but it is a tough one.

Wont beat swans at the SCG

50/50 vs Pies - if i right off round 1 as a loss then i will give us this.

won't beat Freo

Will beat Gold Coast

Will beat Brisbane

50/50 vs Geelong

60/40 vs Duckers

So 6 out of 10 - but could be 8 out of 10, or 4 out of 10 (i think 8 out of 10 is more realistic than 4 out of 10).

The big difference between our draw with previous draws is that we should fly home big time. Should win our last 4 games.

Will start off with one I have always been vocal on
-Macmillan is a very average footballer and is definetly not best 22
-Ziebell is my favourite player hence my username and he should be captain whilst swallow is injured
-Whenever recruiting draftees topic comes around i will always choose/want players who have at least played in the under 18 champs (thus ruling out the likes of wilkins, macmillan, turner etc. unless they are a mature age recruit

I think we will persist for at least another couple seasons, but I doubt Maj will ever be a player. Hope I'm wrong...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1)Maj will become a solid footballer for us and cause monster matchup headaches for opposition coaches.

2)Currie or Tarrant will leave at seasons end.

3) Ziebell to learn when a ball up is more advantageous to us than him hacking the ball out of a pack!!

4)I think some people around here need to learn the enjoyment of sex, and then try it with a partner.

5) Nahas will play more often than not.

6) Brad Scott to lead us to victory on at least 16 occasions in 2014

-Currie is a not a 3rd forward and should play this year as part of managing Goldis workload towards final.
-McKenzie is in his 3rd year and if selected round 1 must begin to prove his worth. Excellent kick but him lacking intensity I put down to his age. No more time for development though. Put up or be dropped.
-Ziebell in 2011 and Cunnington in 2012 were getting smacked. Atley last year included.
-Basti is going to become a star.
-LA will end up at GWS.
-Jacobs injury history might count against him when it comes to cementing a spot in the side. He seems so low on confidence and when he gets his opportunity it seems like he has stagefright.
-Lachy will rival McPharlin and Lake for importance to a team in the backhalf.
-Ziebell will be our best player come the end of 2014.
-Wells will kill teams this year with NDS coming to us and become the matchwinner that gets us points against the better teams.
-Swallow wont play until round 11.
-Cunnington will fly under the radar quietly whilst Ziebell dominates until he puts in a ripper display where the whole footy world stands up sand says, * me.
-LT will kick 40 plus goals again getting bagged by the obsessed in the process.
-Adams will perform as the high half forward being an integral part of the forward set up.
-NDS will average 26 disposals this year at halfback-midfield doing damage to teams ala Shaun Burgoyne at Hawthorn, where teams just cannot contain him.
-Thompson will be back to back AA FB.
-Grima wil retire at years end after having a successful year at CHB but his body just cant hold up to the rigours of AFL footy.
-Atley after a few honest one on ones with Wells and Judd plays more midfield and develops a taste for winning the inside ball. His hunger to hunt makes us all laugh at * and Heppell even more.
-Wrights lack of strength due to his shoulders and speed mean he is selected as emergency multiple times but just cant crack it into the 22.
-Petrie flourishes as the number 1 forward with more attention going to Black and Tarrant as he again kicks 40 plus goals.
-McDonald dominates on the wing in his first year as he adjusts to AFL footy.
-Goldstein performs admirable as number 1 ruck, being managed much better by the club as he is able to run out games.
-Keiran Harper comes back into the fold half way through the year after kicking multiple bags in the VFL and picks up where he left off in 2012.
-Levi Greenwood becomes the bad luck story of the year as he flies under the radar in Swallow absence for most of the year earning praise from his coach. However cant get his spot back after the Skipper returns.
-Robbie Tarrant kicks 25 plus goals in the 3rd forward role, contributing in the process to the highest scoring AFL team and shutting all the nuffies who dont understand the elements of modern footy up in the process.
-Hine cant crack it into the first team as he along with Sam Wright are emergencies each week.
-Taylor Garner dominates with Kanye Turner in the VFL eagerly awaiting an opportunity for senior selection. BF laughs at the riches we have running around in the VFL.
-Nahas, Harper, Garner and Turner kick multipe bags between them in the VFL but all wait for that first team opportunity.
-Boomers statistics since 2010 remain at the same level 5 years later. Remarkable.
-Curran gets solid game time and impresses in the VFL as he put his injury troubles behind him.
-Cam Delaney and Joel Tippet get caught trying to push Nathan Grima down a pair of stairs in order to displace him from the 22.
-Mason Wood tries to chicken wing Leigh Adams at training to pinch his spot in the 22 to no success.
-Jamie MacMillan invents himself as a tagger developing a new found aggression and intent to his game and not missing a game since 2011.
-Aaron Black becomes Carltons worst nightmare as their decision to pick Kane Lucas over him becomes even more funnier than Tambling over Buddy.
-Majak Daw recovers slower than usual from his PCL surgery after starting the season in fine form. Relieves Petrie of FF duties in Norths soft run to September to keep the crowds interested. Petrie declares 2015 to be his final year as he mentors Maj to take his role 2016 onwards.
-Aaron Mullet wins AA halfback after another incredible year in 2014. His importance and value North put him up there as one player to negate.
-Scott McMahon is the one I cant read. I am not sure if he will hold down a spot or not play a game at all. Not sure if his best is better than any of his rivals for a spot in defence.
-Sam Gibson continues being Sam Gibson.
-North finishes 4th and after losing to Freo to Freo in week 1 of finals, knock off the * in week 2 before losing by a kick to the Swans in the prelim.

Greenwood is more valuable this side than Jacobs, Hine,
Nahas and most other fringe types.

McMahon and Firrito are cooked

Hansen and Tarrant/Daw are our two most important players. They step up this year and we make the 8 comfortably.

McMillan will never be anything more than average.

Adams is integral to our forward structure.

This will be Grima last season.

Brad Scott can't Coach.

North sit outside the 8 at Rd11.

Atley becomes a whipping boy after averaging less than 1 tackle per week for the first 10 weeks ( 1 way speed ).

JZ becomes a legit star.

Scott Thompson wins back to back AA spots.

Wells will have his best season.

NDS will finish top 3 in the B&F

1 ) Brad Scott is a decent coach, but needs a good support team around him until he matures into the role.

2 ) Sam Wright probably wont be in the team in 2-3 yrs. Love the guy but I can't see him fitting in.

3 ) NDS to play past his 3 yr contract.

4 ) Curran will get through the year unscathed and show in the VFL some glimpses of what he can be.

5 ) Aaron Black. (This doesn't need any qualifying).

bias - "prejudice in favour of or against one thing, person, or group compared with another..."
prediction - "a thing predicted; a forecast"
cougar - "an older woman who frequents clubs in order to score with a much younger man." wtf?!

Just sayin'

Majak Daw is an indoor, no wind player. Very impressive at Etihad. The very opposite at other grounds. May end up at the Bulldogs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back