Lazy's AFL Fantasy Betting Thread (2009 edition) Deeper than last year with $100 cash prize

Remove this Banner Ad

lazy

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2004
Next door to L.Hewitt
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Welcome back fantasy Punters. Last years AFL Fantasy Betting was a lot of fun with some punters turning $1000 of fantasy money into huge pots.

This years game will follow a similar format but will add a few new features.

Rules of AFL fantasy betting are:

1. You start with $2000 in your fantasy account. This year you get 2 rebuys. Meaning if you lose your $2000 during the season you can start again at $1000 and then if you lost that you can start one last time at $500. (This has been added to hopefully let people stay longer in the comp as many got knocked out very quickly last year)

2. Your bets can be on anything AFL that can be verified on any of the betting websites. That includes multis, futures etc. You cannot include another sport into your AFL multi.

3. You can bet at anytime as long as it is before the start of the game and you list your opening account figure, the amount you are betting, the odds you got quoted and the agency showing that quote.

ie. Opening account $2000. $150 on the Pies to beat Richmond at 1.90.

4. When the result comes in you should quote your last post and write your new account balance.

5. You do not have to bet every week. If you get a comfortable lead and think no one can catch you then feel free to sit on your pot.

6. I will pay the winner $100 but I am also the umpire meaning I have last say. No cheating. You can edit your bets before game starts but not after games start. Remember edited posts are time stamped.

7. You must have an account with BigFooty now. No new accounts can join the game.

8. I will post a Leaderboard after each round composing the top 5

9. Winner is the poster with the most in their fantasy account at the conclusion of the Grand Final.

Goodluck and have some fun.:thumbsu:

FYI. Last years winner was ZAPPROH with 16k in his final account all from 1k start. That is a 15k profit from the year purely from AFL betting. Not bad at all.

Special mention to Carmi99 who had 38k in his account coming into the GF and really didnt need to bet to win the comp but for fun chucked it all the Cats to win and we all know what happened.....:D

If we post it here this is my first bet (i hope i can bet on the nab cup)

Opening $2000 ------ $2000 on first goal scored Leon Davis 13.00

If we post it here this is my first bet (i hope i can bet on the nab cup)

Opening $2000 ------ $2000 on first goal scored Leon Davis 13.00

:D This is why people got knocked out very quickly last year.

Yes, you can bet on NAB cup final. Bet is not valid unless you state what website is quoting the odds.

I am not betting on the NAB, it is such a non-event who knows which team gives it a real crack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this looks fun

for tonights game

$250 on geelong to lead at half time by 1-12 at $4.50
$250 on geelong to lead at half time by 13-24 at $4.75
$250 on geelong to lead at half time by 25-36 at $4.50
$250 on collingwood to lead at half time by 1-12 at $5.50

https://www.sportsbet.com.au/sports...titionPID/12191/RoundPID/18800/EventID/941096

These are some of the worse odds I have ever seen. You have to guess what team will be leading by within 10 points and they pay you 4 to 1 ??? :eek: Next time you want that I will give it to you for real and give you 5 to 1.

start 2000.. @.
1000 on geelong u39.5 @ 2.25 (tab sportsbet) to win $2250
1000 on geelong h2h @ 1.50 to win $1500

goodluck to all

Last edited by dUkezz; Yesterday at 21:22. Reason: had the 2nd geelong bet paying out wrong.. fixed it up

ok so here he's edited this in the final quarter. we have no idea of his original bet and worst case is hes put $2000 on Maxwell to not be annoying and lost it all...

so what is the penalty for cheating?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back