LCHF- Low Carb / High-Healthy Fat lifestyle.

Remove this Banner Ad

99% of my weight training sessions in the last 10 years have been completed fasted (unless you count preworkout aminos like beta alanine and citrulline malate). I do almost all my weight training at 5:30 so never been able to lift in a fed state.

Just bought some dextrose which I’m going to start mixing with some WPC (potentially WPI down the line for faster absorption but WPC is what I have atm) to execute the ketogains targeted ketogenic diet protocol. I’ll be interested to see what impact it has on my performance.

TKD info here

What's the best pre-workout carb to have that isn't a fibrous carb? (eg looking closer to keto/veggies)

I've been on a low carb diet for about 12 months now, but just started running in the past couple of months and looking to improve my nightly results by adding at least one higher carb meal before running.

Happy to even have half a cup of rice if it's going to help, but thought I'd scope out if there are some comparable options first. I have used sweet potato in the past, but haven't found it super beneficial prior to running and it's pretty high up on the carb spectrum as well (IIRC).

What's the best pre-workout carb to have that isn't a fibrous carb? (eg looking closer to keto/veggies)

I've been on a low carb diet for about 12 months now, but just started running in the past couple of months and looking to improve my nightly results by adding at least one higher carb meal before running.

Happy to even have half a cup of rice if it's going to help, but thought I'd scope out if there are some comparable options first. I have used sweet potato in the past, but haven't found it super beneficial prior to running and it's pretty high up on the carb spectrum as well (IIRC).
Dextrose is a good pre-workout carb that won't interfere with ketosis, can purchase dextrose from the home brew section of woolworths

Without wanting to sound disrespectful to the amount of content covered in 155 pages..

I'm starting off a weight loss journey again and am interesting in LCHF, or anything that could help me find a balance between hating eating because a lot of diets call for boring stuff that makes it harder to stick to and then being able to resist the urge to break consistency.

Im 36, 180cm, 112kg

I have been as low as 78kg in 2013 but I reckon I'd be fairly happy at 85-90kg.

I've just started 2x1hr PT sessions focusing on boxing (good cardio! as I want to build cardio fitness)

I have a home gym full kit

When it comes to the diet though, where do you start in constructing it?
What's a good starting week M-S look like?

Is it something anyone here can answer - or point me in the direction of?

Thanks,

Without wanting to sound disrespectful to the amount of content covered in 155 pages..

I'm starting off a weight loss journey again and am interesting in LCHF, or anything that could help me find a balance between hating eating because a lot of diets call for boring stuff that makes it harder to stick to and then being able to resist the urge to break consistency.

Im 36, 180cm, 112kg

I have been as low as 78kg in 2013 but I reckon I'd be fairly happy at 85-90kg.

I've just started 2x1hr PT sessions focusing on boxing (good cardio! as I want to build cardio fitness)

I have a home gym full kit

When it comes to the diet though, where do you start in constructing it?
What's a good starting week M-S look like?

Is it something anyone here can answer - or point me in the direction of?

Thanks,

Just focus on high protein and whole foods. The best diet for you is the one you will stick to and should really just be called eating, diet suggests it's something you're likely to go off once you reach your goal. Protein is the most satiating, if you just plan every meal around trying have a good protein source your diet cleans up a lot and you will see results.

4 eggs per day crush your small dense LDL numbers, improves HDL ratios and HDL function

dzAWi5z.png

4 eggs per day crush your small dense LDL numbers, improves HDL ratios and HDL function

dzAWi5z.png

It's frustrating as a person who doesn't honestly study these things closely to go from "don't have too many eggs", "wait, have more eggs", "wait, we're not sure again"

Seems like that's how it unfolds anyhow

It's frustrating as a person who doesn't honestly study these things closely to go from "don't have too many eggs", "wait, have more eggs", "wait, we're not sure again"

Seems like that's how it unfolds anyhow
I can definitely see how it would be confusing, there's a lot of misinformation and many different conflicts of interest in the nutrition and healthcare literature.

However we've definitely been sold a lie on the connection between saturated fat, dietary cholesterol and cardio vascular disease*. So with that in mind there's absolutely no reason to limit your egg consumption, they're one of the most nutrient dense foodstuffs on the planet.

*recently wrote up a big post on the r/nutrition subreddit mythbusting the cholesterol/saturated fat CVD hypothesis if you're interested

I can definitely see how it would be confusing, there's a lot of misinformation and many different conflicts of interest in the nutrition and healthcare literature.

However we've definitely been sold a lie on the connection between saturated fat, dietary cholesterol and cardio vascular disease*. So with that in mind there's absolutely no reason to limit your egg consumption, they're one of the most nutrient dense foodstuffs on the planet.

*recently wrote up a big post on the r/nutrition subreddit mythbusting the cholesterol/saturated fat CVD hypothesis if you're interested

So, one of those Egg Council creeps got to you too, huh?

My wife started to gain weight (few months of menopause) and she is really worry about it.
Is it a good idea to start with the low carb diet during this time or is it not a good idea?

If she enjoys low carbohydrate higher fat foods (cheese, bacon, eggs, fatty cuts of meat) then it can be a great way to control calories.

At the end of the day calories are king for weight loss and whatever food helps you minimise your daily calorie intake is the best diet to follow.

This is some interesting insight on the differences between sugar and fruits/honey.

Wasn’t aware how differently honey and fruit impacted our health markers

Reason I’ve posted it in here is because the doctor derek is speaking to is a former carnivore and very supportive of LCHF diets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5 weeks in and adjusted surprisingly well

My headaches are gone. Sleep better. No real cravings (not having a pie, pastie or sausage roll at the local footy ***** me).

Weight dropping off. Pool just reopened after winter solstice so looking forward to a swim day.

Cheese, egg, bacon, onion and almond flour balls I'm in love with as makes the plate look more varied than just meat and veg

99% of my weight training sessions in the last 10 years have been completed fasted (unless you count preworkout aminos like beta alanine and citrulline malate). I do almost all my weight training at 5:30 so never been able to lift in a fed state.

Just bought some dextrose which I’m going to start mixing with some WPC (potentially WPI down the line for faster absorption but WPC is what I have atm) to execute the ketogains targeted ketogenic diet protocol. I’ll be interested to see what impact it has on my performance.

TKD info here

I haven't been eating low carb very much for the past 9 months so hadn't had any need to experiment with 20g of pre-workout dextrose. Gave it a go this morning after 2 days of strict keto, was absolutely amazing. Had an awesome workout, would highly recommend.

Has anyone done endurance running while basically consuming a high protein/low carb diet?

Long story short - I’ve fractured my foot and will be in a moon boot for the next 6 weeks. Prior to that I was running 10kms a day and consuming a relatively high carb diet, but since being injured I’ve switched to a super high protein diet (basically boiled eggs and a high protein sausage for breakfast, chicken salad for lunch, steak for dinner) and already stripped a decent amount of fat.

Im wondering if there is some way of engineering it so I can continue on with the diet, even if I’m running less as a result?

Has anyone done endurance running while basically consuming a high protein/low carb diet?

Long story short - I’ve fractured my foot and will be in a moon boot for the next 6 weeks. Prior to that I was running 10kms a day and consuming a relatively high carb diet, but since being injured I’ve switched to a super high protein diet (basically boiled eggs and a high protein sausage for breakfast, chicken salad for lunch, steak for dinner) and already stripped a decent amount of fat.

Im wondering if there is some way of engineering it so I can continue on with the diet, even if I’m running less as a result?

I don't get your problem. Just continue with the diet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back