LCHF- Low Carb / High-Healthy Fat lifestyle.

Remove this Banner Ad

My only thoughts would be if you have greatly reduced your calorie intake from your previous eating habits, when you stall with your weight loss how much food do you have left to remove from your diet?
Eat as muc food as you can whilst losing weight.

Secondly to answer your second question as you lose body mass your overall calorie expenditure will decrease. So if you previously were on 3000 calories and then switched to 2000 calories to lose weight. As you lose weight your maintenance calorie intake will reduce.
Cheers! Greatly appreciated. If I stall with weight loss, would increasing exercise be an option or should I just reduce food? I've read that exercising too much on a diet can be bad for you in terms of recovery.

Cheers! Greatly appreciated. If I stall with weight loss, would increasing exercise be an option or should I just reduce food? I've read that exercising too much on a diet can be bad for you in terms of recovery.
I wouldnt reduce food any further. Weight training while losing weight will be your best option. This will help you hold onto muscle mass and keep your metabolism up.

That is why it's key to start off with eating as much as you can whilst losing weight, i'd say it you are losing 3kgs a week you are undereating and also losing muscle mass. If you don't mind me asking what weight did you start off with? What is your goal weight?

The trouble with trying to exercise off more calories it takes a lot of work (as opposed to just not eating the food). Just think eating a big banana maybe 200 calories, but it could take you 15 minutes of running to burn that off.

That is why it's key to start off with eating as much as you can whilst losing weight, i'd say it you are losing 3kgs a week you are undereating and also losing muscle mass. If you don't mind me asking what weight did you start off with? What is your goal weight?

The trouble with trying to exercise off more calories it takes a lot of work (as opposed to just not eating the food). Just think eating a big banana maybe 200 calories, but it could take you 15 minutes of running to burn that off.
I weighed 93.5 and my goal weight is around 78. I'm currently at 87.

So if you think I follow the same diet I'm on I will eventually stop losing weight unless I reduce start reducing my food intake? I probably don't want to eat any less than what I'm eating now.

I weighed 93.5 and my goal weight is around 78. I'm currently at 87.

So if you think I follow the same diet I'm on I will eventually stop losing weight unless I reduce start reducing my food intake? I probably don't want to eat any less than what I'm eating now.

How tall are you?

Losing weight is not an exact formula, everyone is different. I competed in a bodybuilding comp last year, in January i weighed 95 kgs and over the course off 20 weeks i dropped down to 78kgs, i basically lost 1 kg a week and it was steady the whole way through. My calories started off around 3200 at week 1 and by the last week i was down to 2000 calories and i didn't drop more than 150 calories in a week. But my exercise did increase over the weeks.

My point being is balance between eating and exercising, but trying to out exercise more food is a lot harder than just not eating the additional food. Your body is different to mine, which is different to the next person. You may find you will keep eating the same diet and continually lose weight, but as you get closer to your goal weight you may find you stall, because you are fighting against the natural physiology of your body which is not to "starve" to death.

I'd say keep going the way you are, if you hit a stall message back on this board for advice.

How tall are you?

Losing weight is not an exact formula, everyone is different. I competed in a bodybuilding comp last year, in January i weighed 95 kgs and over the course off 20 weeks i dropped down to 78kgs, i basically lost 1 kg a week and it was steady the whole way through. My calories started off around 3200 at week 1 and by the last week i was down to 2000 calories and i didn't drop more than 150 calories in a week. But my exercise did increase over the weeks.

My point being is balance between eating and exercising, but trying to out exercise more food is a lot harder than just not eating the additional food. Your body is different to mine, which is different to the next person. You may find you will keep eating the same diet and continually lose weight, but as you get closer to your goal weight you may find you stall, because you are fighting against the natural physiology of your body which is not to "starve" to death.

I'd say keep going the way you are, if you hit a stall message back on this board for advice.
I'm 183cm.

Legend. Thanks for the advice. I'll keep you updated.

Where is the best place to source salmon that hasn't been farmed? I'm assuming all the salmon that's available in supermarkets has been farmed.

Where is the best place to source salmon that hasn't been farmed? I'm assuming all the salmon that's available in supermarkets has been farmed.

Norway or Alaska.

All salmon is farmed due to sustainable purposes.
BS cop out to protect their profits being sustainable.

Although there is a difference in ocean farming than prawn farming in dams/ponds etc but both deter from a fishes natural habitat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

more info please.
do i just add equal quantities of butter and coconut oil into a mug of green tea or is it a little more specific than that?
Funny you should ask, made a video of it's creation yesterday :)

but yeah it's basically as simple as it sounds, try and blend it with a stick blender or something so the fats are properly emulsified through the liquid

Last edited:

but yeah it's basically as simple as it sounds, try and blend it with a stick blender or something so the fats are properly emulsified through the liquid

awesome. thanks.

...i gotta get me one of those whisks

awesome. thanks.

...i gotta get me one of those whisks
this thing is my go to for all my BP needs :)

only 5 quid

https://www.amazon.co.uk/KitchenCra...r_1_3?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1476089203&sr=1-3

31J%2Bki2RURL._SY355_.jpg

Disclaimer on this, I made it again today but with some crappy twinings green tea bags

it was awful

stick to some expensive loose leaf stuff or don't bother IMO

don't knock it til you try it amigo
I'll give it a go. Just sounds horrible. It will be great if I do like it as I'm actually trying to give up caffeine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back