LCHF- Low Carb / High-Healthy Fat lifestyle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Break them up.
Olive oil, lemon juice, fresh herbs like coriander, lemon Thyme, parsley...a little red or spring onion...salt and white pepper...over spinach and rocket, tomatoes and avocadoes
this sounds amazing, i'll definitely give it a go
...it seems like there's enough going on there to mask the sardine flavour

Hey all. Recently converted to a keto diet bout three weeks ago.

Am REALLY battling with mood and energy levels. Good thing I'm between work contracts because I barely have enough energy to leave the house. Have only been to the gym twice. How long is this supposed to last?

Am REALLY battling with mood and energy levels. Good thing I'm between work contracts because I barely have enough energy to leave the house. Have only been to the gym twice. How long is this supposed to last?

Ingesting pink hymalayan salt during they day will increase energy levels, 3rd of teaspoon upon rising in glass of water n put a sprinkle in any glass of water during the day.
Restricting carb intake reduces salt consumption hence getting into ketosis can cause light headedness n lack of energy etc..

I remember about 4 years when I decided to eat better and get back into the gym I went paleo and did it pretty drastically. The first 4-6 weeks was hell. Just like your desrcibed barely had enough energy to function little own train as well.

Looking back now I went a bit to hard but the drastic change has held me in good stead. I can find if I go lower carb now it's fair easier than it was the first time round.

What kind of keto diet? as in what are your basic macro's

A fat only breakfast (Bullet Proof Coffee or Titanium Tea) has worked wonders in curing my "keto flu" symptoms

What kind of keto diet? as in what are your basic macro's

Carbohydrates/Sugars have been eliminated as best I can. Eggs, meat, vegetables and nuts make up nearly all of my diet these days. Apart from a coffee, I drink only water

A fat only breakfast (Bullet Proof Coffee or Titanium Tea) has worked wonders in curing my "keto flu" symptoms

Yeah, I've seen your youtube vid ad and am keen to give it a try. Can you use the coconut oil that has the same consistancy as other cooking oils? Or does it have to be like the thicker stuff in your vid?

Yeah, I've seen your youtube vid ad and am keen to give it a try. Can you use the coconut oil that has the same consistancy as other cooking oils? Or does it have to be like the thicker stuff in your vid?
coconut oil should be solid at room temperature. Post up which brand you're talking about and we'll be able to workout if it's ok or not :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i vaguely remember Bazzar talking about that stuff as an alternative to more expensive MCT oils.
...even though Mr Bulletproof will tell you that coconut MCT isnt really a proper MCT.

i remember asking him how the hell they manage to keep it liquid without processing the crap out of it...i cant remember what the answer was though.

at a guess i'd say its good but i prefer mine in a jar...extra virgin...cold pressed
im not sure how the grams to mL's thing works but its probably cheaper in a jar too.

Edit: it was Training Mad and ablett
convo starts here
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...-fat-lifestyle.1039495/page-129#post-43238069

Last edited:
Been LCHF for 3 and a half, maybe 4 months now.

Lost 18kg so far, got rid of my weekly headaches that I always used to have on the "old" eat everything diet. Better skin complexion. Really happy I went this way.

Now that I've lost the bulk of my weight, I am getting into lifting a bit more. Nothing extreme, just hopefully good increase of muscle definition and tightening up areas. Haven't felt like I've needed to go near extra carbs, but I get a decent amount of protein as it is.

Since moving back to low carb I've definitely felt a bit less power in my workouts even though I've stuck to maintenance calories. Felt a bit less "zip" in my deadlifts this morning.

Hopefully I'll get that power back once I'm properly fat adapted. Alternatively once I've dropped a bit of my festive "baggage" I will try and incorporate more high quality carbs into my diet (more than likely with dinner so I operate in ketosis throughout the day) to fill up those glycogen stores.

Since moving back to low carb I've definitely felt a bit less power in my workouts even though I've stuck to maintenance calories. Felt a bit less "zip" in my deadlifts this morning.

Hopefully I'll get that power back once I'm properly fat adapted. Alternatively once I've dropped a bit of my festive "baggage" I will try and incorporate more high quality carbs into my diet (more than likely with dinner so I operate in ketosis throughout the day) to fill up those glycogen stores.

If you eat carbs at night, are you going to be able to get back into ketosis the following day? seems like a short turn around

If you eat carbs at night, are you going to be able to get back into ketosis the following day? seems like a short turn around
I will try and manage the ketosis with fasting and BP coffee. I have some keto stix so I should be able to see if it's wokring or not.

At the end of the day I will be just eating a lower carb diet, so long as I can manage my aesthetics whilst still seeing some strength gains I won't mind if I'm in ketosis or not

Peter Attia has done a lot of writing about IFIK (intermittent fasting, intermittent ketosis)

http://eatingacademy.com/personal/what-i-actually-eat-part-ii-ifik-2

Checkout Dom in the video above. He has been keto for around 15 years that I know of and is as strong as all f... (as is his great mate at the start of the vid, the legendary Dr Squat)

Checkout Dom in the video above. He has been keto for around 15 years that I know of and is as strong as all f... (as is his great mate at the start of the vid, the legendary Dr Squat)
I'll definitely let myself get properly fat adapted and see if I can replicate my strength results without carbs first.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back