LCHF- Low Carb / High-Healthy Fat lifestyle.

jason pm

Premium Gold
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
A hot Nando's wrap and seriously large chips with peri peri salt is my once every month or so guilty treat day lunch, then have some ice cream and licorice all sorts a bit later in the afternoon. Mmmmm!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SHAKESPEARE

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
A hot Nando's wrap and seriously large chips with peri peri salt is my once every month or so guilty treat day lunch, then have some ice cream and licorice all sorts a bit later in the afternoon. Mmmmm!
High carb, high fat. Living the dream.

Nandos for me is Half chicken, 4 thighs and garden salad :(

showdownhero

Premiership Player
Oct 6, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
on a journey through time and space
Interesting study showing greater lean mass gain during caloric surplus on a diet high in polyunsaturated fats vs a diet high in saturated fats

Edit - use this link to look at the study if you’re on tapa

Last edited:

showdownhero

Premiership Player
Oct 6, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Interesting study showing greater lean mass gain during caloric surplus on a diet high in polyunsaturated fats vs a diet high in saturated fats

Edit - use this link to look at the study if you’re on tapa
Urgh I just realised their saturated fat source was fkin palm oil, wtf?

It would be a far more compelling study if they had used animal fats

showdownhero

Premiership Player
Oct 6, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
And the saturated fat vs unsaturated fat groups were only designated so because of a 750 calorie surplus of calories via a cupcake.

The rest of the diet was seemingly ignored, junk study pure and simple

Normally Jorn Tromellen and Nutrition Tactics are better than that.

showdownhero

Premiership Player
Oct 6, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Made some pretty epic keto brownies last night

followed this recipe but slightly overcooked them

My tips are
-use the minimum amount of xylitol recommended 140g
-xylitol does state on the container that excessive consumption may have a laxative effect, so don’t gorge too hard
-make sure you have a small brownie tin or tray to bake them in as the default recipe quantities doesn’t net a large amount of batter. And you want relatively thick brownies or they’ll dry out
-I garnished mine with some chopped up Lindt chocolate but some chopped walnuts or peanuts either scattered on top or mixed through the batter would be a nice addition imo

showdownhero

Premiership Player
Oct 6, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reposting this here because dietary potassium can be tricky to get enough of on a low carb diet
Whenever I do a 24 hour fast I've always had a bit of difficulty getting to sleep and almost feel a bit manic and unable to calm down and relax with my mind racing. I've started having a teaspoon (5g) of Cream of Tartar around dinner time and have had some of my best nights sleep in ages, Cream of Tartar is 20% potassium so I'm effectively supplementing an extra gram of Potassium every day.

Honestly can't emphasise enough how much better it's made me feel and sleep :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

raskolnikov

Carnivore
Apr 1, 2002
Central Queensland
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Lions
Another experiment, permanent or not sure?
I tried it for a month last year and saw some benefits but also found that I got very bored of just meat after a while. But really, I was eating different kinds of beef and that was it. This time I'm going to try with a wider range of meats and fish, plus also some dairy products, mostly butter and sour cream. I'm not sure how long I'll stay on it. I think I'll try and go to the end of the year then see how I feel.

Top Bottom