LCHF- Low Carb / High-Healthy Fat lifestyle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Big Cox 88

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
AC Milan, Chelsea
Are those small pieces for the little one?
I think it is important always to find a balance in life. WIth the food and trainings too. I was never on a diet in my life but also never was a big fan of junks, sugary drinks and other super unhealthy things.
The little pieces are liver. I cut the liver and steak into manageable pieces. She loves gnawing on the bone though.

showdownhero

Premiership Player
Oct 6, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
on a journey through time and space
99% of my weight training sessions in the last 10 years have been completed fasted (unless you count preworkout aminos like beta alanine and citrulline malate). I do almost all my weight training at 5:30 so never been able to lift in a fed state.

Just bought some dextrose which I’m going to start mixing with some WPC (potentially WPI down the line for faster absorption but WPC is what I have atm) to execute the ketogains targeted ketogenic diet protocol. I’ll be interested to see what impact it has on my performance.

TKD info here

La Dispute

La Dispute
Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester City, Boston Bruins
What's the best pre-workout carb to have that isn't a fibrous carb? (eg looking closer to keto/veggies)

I've been on a low carb diet for about 12 months now, but just started running in the past couple of months and looking to improve my nightly results by adding at least one higher carb meal before running.

Happy to even have half a cup of rice if it's going to help, but thought I'd scope out if there are some comparable options first. I have used sweet potato in the past, but haven't found it super beneficial prior to running and it's pretty high up on the carb spectrum as well (IIRC).

showdownhero

Premiership Player
Oct 6, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
on a journey through time and space
What's the best pre-workout carb to have that isn't a fibrous carb? (eg looking closer to keto/veggies)

I've been on a low carb diet for about 12 months now, but just started running in the past couple of months and looking to improve my nightly results by adding at least one higher carb meal before running.

Happy to even have half a cup of rice if it's going to help, but thought I'd scope out if there are some comparable options first. I have used sweet potato in the past, but haven't found it super beneficial prior to running and it's pretty high up on the carb spectrum as well (IIRC).
Dextrose is a good pre-workout carb that won't interfere with ketosis, can purchase dextrose from the home brew section of woolworths

Poetic Justice

upon us all a little rain must fall
Jun 21, 2008
Nunya
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Might need to find one
Without wanting to sound disrespectful to the amount of content covered in 155 pages..

I'm starting off a weight loss journey again and am interesting in LCHF, or anything that could help me find a balance between hating eating because a lot of diets call for boring stuff that makes it harder to stick to and then being able to resist the urge to break consistency.

Im 36, 180cm, 112kg

I have been as low as 78kg in 2013 but I reckon I'd be fairly happy at 85-90kg.

I've just started 2x1hr PT sessions focusing on boxing (good cardio! as I want to build cardio fitness)

I have a home gym full kit

When it comes to the diet though, where do you start in constructing it?
What's a good starting week M-S look like?

Is it something anyone here can answer - or point me in the direction of?

Thanks,

Milpool

Cam Rayner Fanclub Jr. Vice President
Oct 23, 2017
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Without wanting to sound disrespectful to the amount of content covered in 155 pages..

I'm starting off a weight loss journey again and am interesting in LCHF, or anything that could help me find a balance between hating eating because a lot of diets call for boring stuff that makes it harder to stick to and then being able to resist the urge to break consistency.

Im 36, 180cm, 112kg

I have been as low as 78kg in 2013 but I reckon I'd be fairly happy at 85-90kg.

I've just started 2x1hr PT sessions focusing on boxing (good cardio! as I want to build cardio fitness)

I have a home gym full kit

When it comes to the diet though, where do you start in constructing it?
What's a good starting week M-S look like?

Is it something anyone here can answer - or point me in the direction of?

Thanks,

Just focus on high protein and whole foods. The best diet for you is the one you will stick to and should really just be called eating, diet suggests it's something you're likely to go off once you reach your goal. Protein is the most satiating, if you just plan every meal around trying have a good protein source your diet cleans up a lot and you will see results.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad