LCHF- Low Carb / High-Healthy Fat lifestyle.

Remove this Banner Ad

No it's mr my head's out of my arse.

Raw milk is a dangerous commodity...the science says so...the proximity of the cow's arse to the udders says it more...

Fact is more people die from fruit, meat, eggs & nuts than raw milk which you would know if you did some research rather than jump on the media bandwagon.

Well there is a greater number that eat that way so yes more people do.

Statistics have Bono relevance in this case , if fruit is fine then it wouldn't matter how many ate it there should be no ill effects & if raw milk is dangerous then show me the morgues full dead bodies from raw milk?

Raw milk is a threat to the supermarket Giants cos they can't sell it & they loose sales of pasteurised milk.

Statistics have Bono relevance in this case , if fruit is fine then it wouldn't matter how many ate it there should be no ill effects & if raw milk is dangerous then show me the morgues full dead bodies from raw milk?

Raw milk is a threat to the supermarket Giants cos they can't sell it & they loose sales of pasteurised milk.
No, it's that the legal liability would be through the roof due to mass transportation and the amount of regulation it would require.

No, it's that the legal liability would be through the roof due to mass transportation and the amount of regulation it would require.

Yes I agree , the legal liability would be immense, raw milk is too much of a risk to supermarkets cos it would be off by time it got there which would cause illness like any off food.
This is the major flaw with supermarkets which require their products to have extended shoes life's , how fresh is any of the food, the deli meat is pumped with sodium nitrate to preserve it, who knows what they pump into the seafood but majority of it is farmed crap from Thailand anyway.
The fruit n Vege are sprayed or waxed so they look fresh n vibrant.

Hence why farmers markets are the best, they pick it or dig it the day before then it's sold the next day & in your fridge or steamer that night.

Early prezzie from Santa

61misQZ9-PL._UL1500_.jpg

[Edit- :( not an early xmas prezzie, ETA 9th Jan, and sucks it was 31 postage and handling, still got it though]
http://www.amazon.com/Vegetarian-T-...n/dp/B0025GAQRO/ref=pd_sim_a_11?tag=ohmy0c-20

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fact is more people die from fruit, meat, eggs & nuts than raw milk which you would know if you did some research rather than jump on the media bandwagon.
Do you have a source?

An online article a while ago linked to hospital admissions for food poisoning and it was unwashed loose leaf spinach that was the no 1 culprit in Australia.

The supermarket sign says "wash before use" - damn well wash it!

Do you have a source?

An online article a while ago linked to hospital admissions for food poisoning and it was unwashed loose leaf spinach that was the no 1 culprit in Australia.

Yes wash them with Flouridated water & get another dose of poison.

Do you have a source?

Serious? What sort of food poisoning?

Serious? What sort of food poisoning?

Possibly listeria and e-coli. If using inadequately treated composts you can add salmonella in there as well...

Grown and harvested close to the soil, and soil particles left inside the bunch.

But I'd be wondering about the story as this would be dynamite, since the e-coli outbreak in baby spinach in the States that left 4 dead a few years ago

But I'd be wondering about the story as this would be dynamite, since the e-coli outbreak in baby spinach in the States that left 4 dead a few years ago
That is scary.

I'll take a minute amount of fluoride over e-coli, thanks.

I have never once in my life washed spinach, lettuce or any veg from a supermarket or farmers market (sometimes a quick rinse if their is dirt or grit) People these days are to precious and way, way to over obsessed with hygiene, no wonder they get crook at the drop of a hat.

George Carlin on hygiene and germs...its George Carlin so there's a language warning of course.

I have never once in my life washed spinach, lettuce or any veg from a supermarket or farmers market (sometimes a quick rinse if their is dirt or grit) People these days are to precious and way, way to over obsessed with hygiene, no wonder they get crook at the drop of a hat.

I tended not to worry much about it either (still often don't bother), but some of the backpackers I worked with as a kid were pretty dodgy.

I tended not to worry much about it either (still often don't bother), but some of the backpackers I worked with as a kid were pretty dodgy.
Dodgy, but they might be a good source of healthy bacteria.

Dr Art Ayers from cooling inflammation said good gut bacteria starts from other people bacteria in the toilet. The over obsession with toilet clenliness in the Western world has weekened our immune systems.

yeah, I'm with you on that dude.

I like to grow my own veggies, and also a pretty keen composter and worm farmer. Pretty casual with hand washing. I reckon it has really helped in not getting sick for decades. It's the clean freaks - or children of clean freaks - that always seem to come down with e coli, salmonella etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back