LCHF- Low Carb / High-Healthy Fat lifestyle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Best by a mile is Prof Ken Sikaris, Director of Chemical Pathology at Melbourne Pathology.
An expert who cuts through the BS and hysteria.
These are good to watch as it gives you good basic up to date knowledge that you can use to discuss with your GP.
It's hard for a GP to ignore the advise of a professor of his standing and qualifications.

Ah good to see this guy backing up what I said. I've seen him before - knows his stuff.

I'm giving tier 1 Carnivore a go this month (dairy, coconut, avocado and olives). If I do well on it I may even limit it to meat only. Any tips on sourcing good quality organ meat? Butchers around me seem to rarely carry the basics like kidney and liver.

Coles just ranged a whole heap of new microwave meals including a fair range of low carb options. Had this one for lunch today and was very impressed for only $8.50

zi7s2RU.png

ckgFoQE.png

Cheated over Xmas and paid for it with my blood sugars skyrocketing. Back on low carb for a day or so and my blood sugar has returned to normal.

Carbs are evil.

Cheated over Xmas and paid for it with my blood sugars skyrocketing. Back on low carb for a day or so and my blood sugar has returned to normal.

Carbs are evil.

Or a moderate amount of carbs are good for you and overeating is bad.

i've reread his post a couple of times and still can't find any mention of overeating.

also, overeating on salmon and asparagus and fried mushrooms is unlikely to send your blood sugars skyrocketing
...a moderate amount of carbs on the other hand.

Ate very moderately over Xmas. Still avoided any sweets and only had Pure Blondes for booze. My main cheats were some potato and pasta salads.

Pure blond, there's the culprit.
It's not low carb, just BS marketing.

Yeah I know but I still find it better than any other alcohol. In general alcohol(unless it's mixed with some sugary s**t) actually lowers my blood sugar level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i've reread his post a couple of times and still can't find any mention of overeating.

also, overeating on salmon and asparagus and fried mushrooms is unlikely to send your blood sugars skyrocketing
...a moderate amount of carbs on the other hand.

Who the heck over eats salmon asparagus and mushrooms on Xmas. When someone says I cheated over Xmas generally means they over ate and with food they generally don’t eat.

Correct me if im wrong raskonliov eats carniovre/low carb...if carbs are the
devil and you are against them. Don’t eat them at all.

Have you tried Big Head? Zero carb, zero sugar.

Yeah I have. It's not bad. I wasn't really intending on drinking tbh. My sister and her husband just happened to have a range of alcohol at their place and so I had a couple of Pure Blondes.

been following this diet for while, Burleigh Bighead is a no-carb hardly any sugar beer, its amazing.
Its awesome.

Theirs a post of mine about 5 or 6 years ago, for amateur scientific reasons only, drank 12 VB stubbies, had 3 days off, then 12 pure blond, had 3 days off, then 12 Big head.

Took blood sugar and keto tests pre and post each session. I was full on keto adapted at the time.

VB, blood sugar went through the roof, ketone plummeted
Pure Blond, doubled normal levels (from memory about half the VB kevels) and ketones plummeted
BH, blood sugar increased by the tiniest of margins and ketones dropped, but only by 0. Something.

It showed Pure blond is a scam, and Bighead is legit almost zero carb, zero sugar.

Its awesome.

Theirs a post of mine about 5 or 6 years ago, for amateur scientific reasons only, drank 12 VB stubbies, had 3 days off, then 12 pure blond, had 3 days off, then 12 Big head.

Took blood sugar and keto tests pre and post each session. I was full on keto adapted at the time.

VB, blood sugar went through the roof, ketone plummeted
Pure Blond, doubled normal levels (from memory about half the VB kevels) and ketones plummeted
BH, blood sugar increased by the tiniest of margins and ketones dropped, but only by 0. Something.

It showed Pure blond is a scam, and Bighead is legit almost zero carb, zero sugar.

Yeah, it is probably the best option out there, if I go out for beers I will have a few drys off the wood..

It is a very good tasting beer too. Easy to drink. When I finish the Diet, there is every chance I will keep drinking it.

Yeah, it is probably the best option out there, if I go out for beers I will have a few drys off the wood..

It is a very good tasting beer too. Easy to drink. When I finish the Diet, there is every chance I will keep drinking it.
I like it because it doesn't bloat me. I'll drink a dozen and it feels like ive only had a couple.
The taste is light and mildly fruity, but you get used to it and its just like any other regukar beer.
Just wish it wasnt so expensive, and wish it was available in cans.

I like it because it doesn't bloat me. I'll drink a dozen and it feels like ive only had a couple.
The taste is light and mildly fruity, but you get used to it and its just like any other regukar beer.
Just wish it wasnt so expensive, and wish it was available in cans.

22 dollars for a 6 pack from BWS is what I paid today. I rarely drink so for me it isn't a problem. I am more worried about spending money on Chocolate protein bars than beer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back