LDU is the best midfielder in the competition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh boy šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø stoked with how he's coming along but give it another 12 months would you

Iā€™ll revisit this.

LDU averages in the last 10 rounds of football:

30.5 disposals
16.8 contested possessions
7.9 clearances
6.4 inside 50ā€™s
5.2 tackles

Heā€™s also kicked 7.4 in that time.

Heā€™s definitely in the discussion.

You should change the thread title to ā€œHas LDU been the best midfielder in the competition over the last 10 roundsā€

Iā€™ll revisit this.

LDU averages in the last 10 rounds of football:

30.5 disposals
16.8 contested possessions
7.9 clearances
6.4 inside 50ā€™s
5.2 tackles

Heā€™s also kicked 7.4 in that time.

Heā€™s definitely in the discussion.

He's better than Stephenson, for sure.

Martin's 14 disposals and 1 goal yesterday has him right back in the mix as one of best players in the game.

That goal he kicked, where he came off the bench and snuck into the forward line . . . simply brilliant.
For a guy on one million dollars, each goal is worth triple than anyone else's.

You show me footage of Davies-Uniacke doing this!

View attachment 1639939
Obsessed.

Fair enough, Iā€™ve replied with some stats.
You don't have to convince me of his legitimacy as a top-tier mid. In his draft year I took him with the first pick on the WCE stay game and don't regret that. I just don't think you can make a statement without evidence and put the onus on anyone who disagrees to disprove you. As to the question at hand I think a player should operate at all elite level for at least half a season, if not the vast majority of the season, to be considered. He's definitely started in the right vein though.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Sour grapes.

Imagine picking Dow over LDU

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Carlton actually have one of the best midfielders in the game. Not a guy who has had a purple patch after 5 years of winning spoons. No need for me to be sour Nutty.

Off topic, have you figured out how free agency works yet?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton actually have one of the best midfielders in the game. Not a guy who has had a purple patch after 5 years of winning spoons. No need for me to be sour Nutty.

Off topic, have you figured out how free agency works yet?

If you actually look at LDUā€™s output year by year, he has got better every single year.

Well done on picking a good mid. After butchering so many, you were bound to get one eventually.

Off topic, has Carlton figured out how the salary cap works?

Edit: Lol did you seriously try to make a gag about spoons?

If you actually look at LDUā€™s output year by year, he has got better every single year.

Well done on picking a good mid. After butchering so many, you were bound to get one eventually.

Yes. Max it out and then pay cash

You should change the thread title to ā€œHas LDU been the best midfielder in the competition over the last 10 roundsā€

Wouldnā€™t have nearly the same dramatic effect though, would it?

I donā€™t care enough to look Nutty.

Thanks. But a Brownlow Medallist is better than good.

Yes, in fact it looks like we are managing it better than most other clubs. Ben Mckay looking to move across for what youā€™re paying Aidan Corr. Beautiful stuff.

Little known fact: Uniacke roughly translates from ancestral ancient Irish to English as: late blooming, pure inside mid but not as good as Paddy Dow.

I donā€™t care enough to look Nutty.

Thanks. But a Brownlow Medallist is better than good.

Yes, in fact it looks like we are managing it better than most other clubs. Ben Mckay looking to move across for what youā€™re paying Aidan Corr. Beautiful stuff.

It might pay to look. Educating yourself might help with your posting.

Iā€™m sure you will go after McKay. You have to make up for your inability to draft and develop elite players somehow. Iā€™m pretty sure if he did leave though, it would be for success. Thatā€™s cancels out Carlton.

It might pay to look. Educating yourself might help with your posting.

Iā€™m sure you will go after McKay. You have to make up for your inability to draft and develop elite players somehow. Iā€™m pretty sure if he did leave though, it would be for success. Thatā€™s cancels out Carlton.

Carlton already have plenty of elite players, weā€™re now at the point where we can recruit minnow clubs best players to round out our depth.

Carlton already have plenty of elite players, weā€™re now at the point where we can recruit minnow clubs best players to round out our depth.

You would think a club that has had an absurd amount of high picks over the past 10 years would be doing ok for depth. Not Carlton though, year after year youā€™re paying top dollar to bring in players to fill holes from your dreadful drafting. Your salary is at the brink and you havenā€™t even played a final lol.

Yeah.

Look if he isn't now he probably will be soon but there's already a thread about him and its kind of funnier.

Yeah I genuinely think heā€™s at that level now. It was also for entertainment purposes though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back