Leaderboard for BF Eagles B&F Round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
OK so we have 21 people involved...jod23, GoldenBlue, Khat, Thrawn666, Mentalgrind, CarnEagles, GoEagles, Belgarion, Iceman, D4E's, VOR, EF, Buzz, Macca, Vis, WA, EKA, MrEagle, MDB, BunsenBurner & Deepthroat.

Leaderboard

1. Chad Fletcher 99
2. Troy Wilson 67
3. Andrew Embly 45
4. Ben Cousins 41
5. Micheal Gardiner 19
6. Glen Jakovich 17
7. Phillip Matera 10
8. Peter Matera 5
9. Richard Taylor 3
9. Micheal Braun 3
11. Callum Chambers 1
11. Darren Glass 1

So there you have, should get more interesting after round 2. Can Fletcher continue his good play and stay on top or will Cuz do his usual to move to the front. Will we see new names on the board next week, maybe Kerr, Wirrpunda, Milli?

BTW, only Fletch and Wilson were given BOG's this week, 19 of the 21 BOG went to Fletch with Wilson picking up the other 2.

Originally posted by jod23
[BCan Fletcher continue his good play and stay on top or will Cuz do his usual to move to the front. Will we see new names on the board next week, maybe Kerr, Wirrpunda, Milli?
[/B]

If Fletcher keeps up that form for most of the year he will go close to winning the Brownlow. Id expect him to drop off and Cousins and Kerr to start racking up the votes

Re: Re: Leaderboard for BF Eagles B&F Round 1

Originally posted by Macca19

If Fletcher keeps up that form for most of the year he will go close to winning the Brownlow. Id expect him to drop off and Cousins and Kerr to start racking up the votes

Big prediction there Macca! But, I think you're right, especially on Cousins. Cousins will be our highest vote getter, and with WC winning more than last year, he'll be right up there again this year. Whilst he had a good game on Sunday, taking into account the week or so he had leading up to the game, we certainly haven't seen the best of him yet this season.

(I expect people to respond with comments about how he should be professional enough to put personal issues aside or it had no effect etc etc, but basically I don't give a rats - if one of my close friends died I'd be devastated as I expect he has been too).

I think this is a great idea Jod....I'm interested here and adding it up and slipping it into an Excel document......could be interesting at the end of the season.....

be nice if one of the guys we want to step up take the award instead of Cuz or Gardy.......

MDB and Deepthroat...i need your votes every week as it would be unfair to have all 16 guys vote for Fletch in a BOG and then you two not supplying votes when someone else has a BOG. I will add your votes to the tally if you reply to this and ensure me that you will vote after every game.

MrEagle - sorry about that...just assumed you had already voted as you are usually involved in everything! Your votes will be added, you dont need to reply as i know your a regular.

Same for you EKA...was wondering why you hadnt gotten involved and i had realised you hadnt being round much, good to see ya back and your votes will be added.

A revised leaderboard with EKA's and MrEagles votes added. Fletcher continues to lead by a fair margin with another 2 BOG's. Cousins closed the gap on Embly with 8 votes and Embers picked up none?:confused: Chambers also got his first votes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, I will post replies every week.

For anyone who is interested, awards were handed out to the players at training last night.....those who received them were:

Glen Jackovich
Peter Matera
Michael Braun

Just goes to show that the players we all thought were best on, were obviously not the picks of the coaching staff!!!!!

Originally posted by MDB
Yes, I will post replies every week.

For anyone who is interested, awards were handed out to the players at training last night.....those who received them were:

Glen Jackovich
Peter Matera
Michael Braun

Just goes to show that the players we all thought were best on, were obviously not the picks of the coaching staff!!!!!

Interesting that - and often the case. The coaching staff often reward players who had a specific job to do and have done it with discipline, even at the expense of their own game.

As I often end up saying to Dan, it's not all about possessions!

EKA:

Taylor 2 votes????? Is there another Taylor in the team that I don't know about?

He is a hack and should have been dragged. If memory serves me correct, he was the main culprit who let Freo make a comeback in the 2nd quarter. He was clearly the Eagles worst player on the day.

I'm tipping him to make way this week for Judd.

Originally posted by bunsen burner
EKA:

Taylor 2 votes????? Is there another Taylor in the team that I don't know about?

He is a hack and should have been dragged. If memory serves me correct, he was the main culprit who let Freo make a comeback in the 2nd quarter. He was clearly the Eagles worst player on the day.

I'm tipping him to make way this week for Judd.

I'm not his greatest fan either, but it wasn't entirely his fault. The players up the ground have to come back and make a target for him when he's kicking out.

Also, he's being used as a small defender. We don't have a lot of them (sigh, Read, sigh) and apart from the inexperienced Humm, no one else really stands out as being able to play that role. Collica can play on small forwards and you can I suppose swing Wirrapunda back there, but it's a weakness in our team.

I love the way Taylor plays his footy.
At least you know he'll always give 100% for the full four quarters.

But his disposal is worrying, and I'm not sure he has the pace to stay with the really quick small forwards like Farmer & Fido.

I want Andrew Williams to spend more time down back.
He's the second fastest player at the club and is very strong over head.

Humm should also be blooded soon.
He and Phil Read are going to annoy the hell out opposition forward lines in the future.

He certainly gives 100%, but he is still not up to scratch in my mind. He'll be handy this year, but I suspect as the Eagles climb the ladder over the next two seasons that he will be left behind.

I just had a look at the team for the Collingwood clash and it is unchanged. I would have preferred Judd, but I guess a winning combination deserves to be rewarded.

MDB, I'll add your votes to the tally but please remember to vote after every game.

Bunsen, i will also add yours aswell but please vote every round otherwise the competition comes undone.

Deepthroat, im still a little worried about you. I will add your votes but i will make a record of your votes so if you mysteriously go missing i will remove your votes from the competition. I apologise if your new and you just want to join in but we have a lot of idiots on these boards and your new and you have 3 posts which are all conviently about this game. If your a West Coast fan why havent you posted about other things?

Again i apologise if you are the real deal but if you do not turn up every week i will remove your votes......god i feel like a headmaster :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back