Toast Leadership Group 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

hey fair point - did he captain from off-field? footscray had no captain on the ground? boyd?

They had an acting captain made of (Easton) Wood?

We will have a co-captain (Cripps) made of granite.

Doc proved this year he can captain from the sidelines. Hope he gets the same dispensation to sit on the bench during the season. Cripps captains on the field, Doc when they interchange. Simples.

Yes....he helped coaching

If Doc was a sole captain well then yes we’d need a replacement but Paddy can handle it

Doch's risk was the reason for co captains.

Crippa now takes it forward in reality.

This will cause cluster* internally as doch is the better communicator.

Doc will remain co captain. I'm sure of it. He is a long turn captain of this club with Cripps.

Cripps will have to do it alone on field again this year... but he's used to that's by now.

Doc will from the side until he is back on the park.
a captain captain's on the field - we don't need a captain off field - there's a million support workers for that from bolts down to navy nina

a captain captain's on the field - we don't need a captain off field - there's a million support workers for that from bolts down to navy nina
We also don't need to strip him of a role that clearly means a lot to him, just because he is injured.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no - not as co-captain - makes no sense - need to give it to someone else - simmo ...........

Simmo can't run a backline let alone a team ...great competitor but would be as useful as Murph was as a Captain.

I would rather a captain that was available (and effective) all week except during matches.....than a captain that was only available during game time.

Not saying Cripps can't do both. But don't underestimate the value of off-field stuff; Motivation at training, someone to lean on, someone to confide in, build up your confidence, maintain your passion for the game and the club.

A great captain off-field is a big piece of the puzzle of developing a cohesive and successful list IMHO. And as much as Cripps is a champion player, I'm not sure he's got that angle of leadership mastered yet.

I would rather a captain that was available (and effective) all week except during matches.....than a captain that was only available during game time.

Not saying Cripps can't do both. But don't underestimate the value of off-field stuff; Motivation at training, someone to lean on, someone to confide in, build up your confidence, maintain your passion for the game and the club.

A great captain off-field is a big piece of the puzzle of developing a cohesive and successful list IMHO.
but we have people for that, dozens of em - captain is just a name.........

Doc got some practice at seeing how coaching is done. Maybe one day he wil get a crack at it. However we won two games only.
We played our best football when Cripps was full captain. Its real simple.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back