GNCLongJack

All Australian
Apr 18, 2006
Croydon
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Stangers, Everton
RustyHawk, your post on the 8th October, listed the leadership group. The pretty obvious gap there in that group, be it from games experience or age is Trent Croad ex-AA CHB, and DJ. these guys are both 28 next season, and especially Croady, a long servant of the club. There's a quantum leap from Crawf over to Changa, and so on down in age and experience ......................any idea why Trent was not included?

Croady probably didnt want to be in the leadership group. The players know one another better then their own families so I think they made the right desicion:thumbsu:

A bit shocked with Clarko in their. I don't know why he was chosen to be in the Leadership groupp.

A bit shocked with Clarko in their. I don't know why he was chosen to be in the Leadership groupp.

Leaders set the standards

Tim Clarke was already in the leadership group. Has been for at least 2 if not 3 years since Clarko took over.

Leaders are people with plenty of guts and determination and TC has his more than his share.

I believe his leadership comes to the fore during pre season. It is TC who leads them off, he is the hare so to speak. If the others want to play AFL Football at senior level, they have to at least try and stay close. He is the one who helps gets the players fit enough to play the season. He sets the standard. Thats why he's there. He sets the standard, as any good leader does.

Think Clarke is a very intelligent and mature bloke, and from what I hear, very highly rated by his teammates as a leader. We have to assume these guys know what they're talking about when they appoint the group. They do practically live in each other's pockets.

Tim Clarke was already in the leadership group. Has been for at least 2 if not 3 years since Clarko took over.

Leaders are people with plenty of guts and determination and TC has his more than his share.

I believe his leadership comes to the fore during pre season. It is TC who leads them off, he is the hare so to speak. If the others want to play AFL Football at senior level, they have to at least try and stay close. He is the one who helps gets the players fit enough to play the season. He sets the standard. Thats why he's there. He sets the standard, as any good leader does.

oh..k. Kool

Croady probably didnt want to be in the leadership group. The players know one another better then their own families so I think they made the right desicion:thumbsu:
I think it is because of the maturity factor. He's probably not mature enough to take on a role as well as helping out his wife with looking after his young daughter.

Although Browny sets an example on the field, an off-field leader he isnt.
Need to be respected by all players to fit the criteria.

Sorry, I didn't see the leadership group.

Can someone stick it in?

Was Sewell in the group? That kid is a hardass, I thought he should've taken over from Vanders as captain, or vc instead showboats like Mitchell and Hodge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Totally agree Rusty...well said :thumbsu:

My cousin knew Trent Croad when he went to St.Kevins, and from the stuff i hear about his nightlife and personality etc... i wouldnt want him leading me anywhere. Add to the fact he and Buddy drove around on mad monday getting kicked out of bars in the CBD.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back