Leadership Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Really suprised by Thommo. If he's been told he's playing mostly SANFL then you would think his team mates would also know and putting him in the leadership group makes no sense.

Unless of course he hasnt been told that.......

Dont get Thommo. I know its selected by the players but surely Pykey has to approve it. I hope hes just SANFL Captain and doing a JPOD role.

Really suprised by Thommo. If he's been told he's playing mostly SANFL then you would think his team mates would also know and putting him in the leadership group makes no sense.

"You try telling Thommo he's not in the leadership group or the Senior 22..."

VB was at best fringe best 22 and he was still in the leadership group. I'd bet he'd have been voted in this year as well.

He's still a leader at the club and a bloke that every player would look to when it comes to preparation and professionalism. Thommo still has an opportunity to earn his spot on the track and hold it with form. No different to VB last year. This vote is not relevant to how many games he'll play any more than voting in VB was last year.

I doubt he's been told that at all. I expect (or at least hope) his position in the 22 will be determined by form.

I agree he probably shouldn't be in the leadership group though, but sometimes you are a leader of the club regardless of how many games you may or may not play.

Leadership group is selected by the players. They're the best people to determine who their on field leaders should be. Great to see Betts elevated.

Team selection is the selection committee. As others have mentioned VB being in leadership group didn't save him last year.

Leadership group doesn't require him to play a certain amount of games it's just kudos to him on how he prepares and rated by his peers. If he's in the group he deserves it I reckon.

This doesn't mean he should play any or all games just that his team mates respect and look up to him.

Personally, I see him playing around 10 games

Leadership group is selected by the players. They're the best people to determine who their on field leaders should be. Great to see Betts elevated.

Team selection is the selection committee. As others have mentioned VB being in leadership group didn't save him last year.
You've just made a good point, on field leaders.

I think they expected VB to play last year.

Great to see Lynch and Betts added. Betts for his mentoring of younger players and Lynch for his work ethic and footy nous.

Also good to see Jacobs and Douglas demoted - both of them gave off an air of complacency last year (along with Brodie Smith).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leadership group doesn't require him to play a certain amount of games it's just kudos to him on how he prepares and rated by his peers. If he's in the group he deserves it I reckon.

This doesn't mean he should play any or all games just that his team mates respect and look up to him.

Personally, I see him playing around 10 games

Agree

The Leadership Group is voted by the players while the team is selected by the coaches

Just like VB, Thommo is hugely admired by the playing group and I'm still predicting Thommo to play less than half a season in the top grade

Agree

The Leadership Group is voted by the players while the team is selected by the coaches

Just like VB, Thommo is hugely admired by the playing group and I'm still predicting Thommo to play less than half a season in the top grade
Now it's go to less than half a season? Originally I thought it was as a back up.

Why would you pick leaders unlikely to make the team?
Yep, I think the whole Thommos been told he's just a back up is bullshit.

You need leaders on the ground. It's not the same as VB who was on the last year of his contract, I genuinely believe they expected VB to play but they soon realised that wasn't practical.

Agree

Yep.
Leaders make others better. I'm happy if the guys think he makes them better players and people.

If we understand Thommos position as stated by some , either at the club or his manager, then he is transitioning to a coaching role. Therefore his position in the Leadership group makes sense. Whether he actually needs to be in the Leadership group to do that is for others.

I will wait and see on how many games he plays , but I wont forecast how many games based on his position in the Leadership group

Remove this Banner Ad

Back