Leadership Team

Remove this Banner Ad

He's still a leader at the club and a bloke that every player would look to when it comes to preparation and professionalism. Thommo still has an opportunity to earn his spot on the track and hold it with form. No different to VB last year. This vote is not relevant to how many games he'll play any more than voting in VB was last year.

Finally a person who has some intelligence unlike the tools above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started this thread because I was really pleased that Sloane was finally appointed vice captain. Many here believed he should have been captain. Anyway all I have read since is about Thommo. Rather than focusing on the positive of Sloane and Eddie everyone is up in arms about Thommo.

Come on guys get positive.

I started this thread because I was really pleased that Sloane was finally appointed vice captain. Many here believed he should have been captain. Anyway all I have read since is about Thommo. Rather than focusing on the positive of Sloane and Eddie everyone is up in arms about Thommo.

Yeah it's getting harder and harder to read each thread on this board. Too much focus on the negative of each announcement, rather than the positive like you say. No congratulating Eddie and the Chief (or very little) instead, it's the same posters banging on about Thommo.

Doesn't matter what the title of the thread is, you can guarantee that the content will be about 1 of the following:

Our s**t midfield
Thommo being too old
Brad Crouch not being up to it
Our logo/guernsey colours being s**t
Mackay and his contract

And that's about it. I get that these are issues, but does every thread need to be influenced by all of the s**t stuff? May be time to take some time away from this board. Sad. First time i've felt like this in my near on 12 years here.

But on topic, i thought Sloane was VC last year?

Yay, Dougie and Sauce ousted.

Yeah it's getting harder and harder to read each thread on this board. Too much focus on the negative of each announcement, rather than the positive like you say. No congratulating Eddie and the Chief (or very little) instead, it's the same posters banging on about Thommo.

Doesn't matter what the title of the thread is, you can guarantee that the content will be about 1 of the following:

Our s**t midfield
Thommo being too old
Brad Crouch not being up to it
Our logo/guernsey colours being s**t
Mackay and his contract

And that's about it. I get that these are issues, but does every thread need to be influenced by all of the s**t stuff? May be time to take some time away from this board. Sad. First time i've felt like this in my near on 12 years here.

But on topic, i thought Sloane was VC last year?

It's the off-season and we get 3 open training sessions to discuss. Nothing has changed since we pulled up stumps on season 2016. So it's natural that views haven't changed and carry forward to this point. We're just finding ways to argue amongst ourselves, check out the chat with Fages thread. If you're going to take a break, you should have done that during December and January. Footy's nearly back, don't leave now.

I think our group is a good mix of age and experience.
Not too many scenarios I can think of that Thompson would not have had to deal with already - Tex a born leader and Rory a great team mate.
Inclusion of Betts also good for the indigenous players and Lynch - well he should be in it for this alone !
IMG_9330.JPG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wanted to vent my frustration on Thommo so sent an email to Fages and Pykey. Not expecting a response but got one from Fages

Without referencing any individual, it is well recognised internally that all members of the leadership group play an important role on and off the field. VB was a good example last year – he was outstanding whether he was playing AFL, SANFL or not playing at all. We expect Thommo to do the same, as we do of all the leaders. Being a member of the leadership group does not guarantee AFL selection – form of course is the primary determinant.

Call me old fashioned, but to me there just needs to be a captain and a vice-captain. Serious question: could someone explain why clubs have a large leadership group?
Apart from the PR, I think it is part of player education and training courses in leadership that has lead to these large groups.

Eddie spoke a bit about how he has learnt to be a voice at the club in his time here. I would suggest as part of player development players have access to leadership courses and part of that is on the job training in being a leader in an organisation.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

FFS give it a rest. Thommo will play however many games he plays. Stop whinging.

Yeah Spackler. Stop worrying about premierships. Not what we're here for.

Call me old fashioned, but to me there just needs to be a captain and a vice-captain. Serious question: could someone explain why clubs have a large leadership group?

Nobody in AFL club land could explain it to you without having one hand on their penor.

The important thing is they got the captain and vice-captain right, which, at Adelaide, isn't always the no-brainer it should be.

Is it actually a good thing for the team that Thompson is so admired and looked up to? Is there not a risk of players going into their shells when Thommo is around, especially in the centre square? Balance in a team isn't just about level of ability and spread of roles.

We're still in the 'altitude training in Colorado' phase of leadership model...haven't pro/regressed to running laps in the Australian summer (i.e. C & VC) mode just yet...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back