League Cup 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Last time they conceded within the first 10mins of a league cup game was 2011 against Blackburn.

Regular.
That's almost like one of those OptaJoe quotes lol.

Oxford United away for us. Wanted a home draw but this will be interesting. Love it.

The all prem games that I picked up

Liverpool play Chelsea.
Spurs v Watford (venue TBD)
Everton v Soton
Wolves v Leicester a nice one for the Midlands.

United v Derby is another interesting one.

Seriously, is there any point in giving Newcastle a spot in any cup draw now? Or just put them in the first round and give their 2nd/3rd round spot to a Championship/League One team who'll at least have a crack.

They simply just don't want to be there, any minnow they face in a 2nd/3rd round rolls them these days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah. We'll be fielding a reserve XI mostly. You'll do us.
Our reserve XI though doesnt suck.

The team has been unchanged the first three weeks of the PL season. If we pick an XI from outside of those guys that have started every league game so far it looks something like this.

--------Mignolet
Clyne Lovren Matip Moreno
Henderson Fabinho Lallana
Shaqiri Sturridge Origi

Pretty decent. But I assume some younger guys might play like Curtis Jones and maybe Nat Phillips. But also some first XI guys might also play.

Was hoping for someone more exciting than Wolves.

Premier League team, and one that we just played... I know what you mean. (All the years in the Championship, we rarely got Prem Teams, and now the fortunes have reversed)

But honestly, I'll make an exception to the Wolves. I want to tonk their seconds with our seconds. They will do anything for a cup. So do we.

Bring'em on, and lets squash the hope out of them. Games are won on the scoreboard, end of!

Our reserve XI though doesnt suck.

The team has been unchanged the first three weeks of the PL season. If we pick an XI from outside of those guys that have started every league game so far it looks something like this.

--------Mignolet
Clyne Lovren Matip Moreno
Henderson Fabinho Lallana
Shaqiri Sturridge Origi

Pretty decent. But I assume some younger guys might play like Curtis Jones and maybe Nat Phillips. But also some first XI guys might also play.
Strong 11.

We should be

-------------------------Willy
Zappa--Ampadu--Christensen--Emerson
-------------------RLC--Fab--Barkley
----------------Moses--Giroud--OD

Looks like Spurs vs Watford is being played at Milton Keynes. Just as Bojan KantKick predicted Spurs are moving to Milton Keynes, London's version of Pakenham!!
Milton Keynes isn't even near London or its burbs.

Last edited:
Round 3 TV schedule.

Wednesday 26 September.
Oxford Utd v Manchester City - beIN Sports 1 - 4:40am (Ch 513)
Wolves v Leicester - beIN Sports 3 - 4:40am (Ch 515)
Manchester United v Derby - beIN Sports 2 - 5:00am (Ch 514)

Thursday 27 September.
Liverpool v Chelsea - beIN Sports 2 - 4:45am (Ch 514)
Tottenham v Watford - beIN Sports 1 - 4:55am (Ch 513)

If there's others let me know. I can't see anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back