League Cup 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Outside of Hazard we have no attacking threats. Nullify him and you nullify us.

Poor game really and we looked sub-par but teams probably cancelled themselves out. Chelsea deserved not to lose though. Very much all to play for in the second leg. I have to say our performances at Wembley have not been nearly as good as our ones away from home, no idea why that is

Sarri is pretty clueless TBH
I don’t know, it was a better performance than the league game which shows he learnt something from that game. You are just seriously lacking firepower - I said to chef before it will start to make the natives restless (not to mention the owner) if he doesn’t fix that. Nothing more debilitating than following a team who can’t put goals on the board

I don’t know, it was a better performance than the league game which shows he learnt something from that game. You are just seriously lacking firepower - I said to chef before it will start to make the natives restless (not to mention the owner) if he doesn’t fix that. Nothing more debilitating than following a team who can’t put goals on the board
He’s not utilising our two best players properly which is why we can’t score goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree. Thats why I was surprised the offside call was reversed. The only accurate way to review offside would be if there was a camera following the second last defender.

I think with offside its a black and white call and it starts from scratch. So its not an overrule, its whether in the opinion of the technology the player is offside or onside.

All the other decisions it comes down to the clear and obvious error thing

I think with offside its a black and white call and it starts from scratch. So its not an overrule, its whether in the opinion of the technology the player is offside or onside.

All the other decisions it comes down to the clear and obvious error thing

It is a black and white rule but the camera angles often aren't. The offside this morning looked on from one angle but off from the other.

A camera in line with the second last defender would be the only 100% reliable way to review offside.

It is a black and white rule but the camera angles often aren't. The offside this morning looked on from one angle but off from the other.

A camera in line with the second last defender would be the only 100% reliable way to review offside.
agreed, but with the technology as it stands that doesn't seem possible as i assume they cant do the shading and lines etc with a moving camera.

In that case it is hard to see how they will be able to judge offsides from near the half way line fully accurately, in particular where the offside portion may be the upper torso.

From the TV, feet in line with last defender but Kane's body was well forward. Unless the rule has changed, it's anything you can score from.

No you are correct with the rule. It seems like VAR images are only able to be determined by which part of the body is touching the ground. The grid on the above image is incorrect as the offside line is drawn at the feet of the striker. As you say his body is well forward of the second last defender.

Which makes the decision to overturn the offside all the more baffling.

No you are correct with the rule. It seems like VAR images are only able to be determined by which part of the body is touching the ground. The grid on the above image is incorrect as the offside line is drawn at the feet of the striker. As you say his body is well forward of the second last defender.

Which makes the decision to overturn the offside all the more baffling.
Maybe the original decision was I think he might be offside rather than a definitive offside.

Reality is though technology even if slightly flawed will be more accurate than a naked eye in real time

Pretty s**t to lose to a bit of a dodgy decision but i still think we played really well and it just wasnt our day. Just lacking that clinical edge up top, get that and we'll be a very good side. Sarris only been here for 6 months and i love what hes creating. If we back him he'll do wonders.

A couple of weak links in Alonso and Willian that need to be replaced though too.

From the TV, feet in line with last defender but Kane's body was well forward. Unless the rule has changed, it's anything you can score from.
Probably. That’s not the angle VAR had though.
Based off their angle it couldn’t have been given that way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back