League Cup 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact he sits down, play restarts and then he still wants to make the sub makes it pretty clear it’s a change he wanted to make in the interests of giving the team its best chance of a win in the shootout. Regardless of if Kepa was fully recovered or not

Yeah I agree, I'm not believing a word of the damage control coming out of the club.

What a selfish way to spoil a great effort, Sarri finally adjusted his game plan, gave youf a fair crack and seemed to be getting control back. Wouldn't have blamed him for keeping on walking through those doors. Our leaders have let him down.

I'm not buying this misunderstanding stuff. Injury or not, Sarri clearly wanted Willy in the pens and Kepa threw a tantrum like a spoiled brat and potentially cost the club a trophy. The fact that the players rallied around him afterwards and didn't say for him to come off suggests a toxic playing culture who turn on the manager after a bit of a rough patch. I believe we have one window before the ban so, ideally, we stick with Sarri and gut the players who don't want to play for him. As good as a player he is, Hazard is one of the main culprits and should be the first out the door. Willian (who could forget his petulant spat with Conte) would be next, and then go from there.

I'm not buying this misunderstanding stuff. Injury or not, Sarri clearly wanted Willy in the pens and Kepa threw a tantrum like a spoiled brat and potentially cost the club a trophy. The fact that the players rallied around him afterwards and didn't say for him to come off suggests a toxic playing culture who turn on the manager after a bit of a rough patch. I believe we have one window before the ban so, ideally, we stick with Sarri and gut the players who don't want to play for him. As good as a player he is, Hazard is one of the main culprits and should be the first out the door. Willian (who could forget his petulant spat with Conte) would be next, and then go from there.
Only ones you could really keep would be Jorginho Higuain Kante and CHO. Everyone else go on like entitled dickheads. Don’t think Sarri is the right type of manager regardless. Seems to be ok tactically but he (and the rest of the people running the club) aren’t building a “club”.. a home. Look at Peps City or Klopps Liverpool.. even Man U now. They’re all united from the manager to the reserves. Sarris not really to blame here but still isn’t the one I want going forward. We need a man manager.

If you believe the goalkeeper didn't know what was going on, you probably believed Garry Lyon was returning to The Footy Show.

If you believe the goalkeeper didn't know what was going on, you probably believed Garry Lyon was returning to The Footy Show.

Who said the keeper didn't know what was going on?

strange scenes with kepa towards the end there, absolutely shocking look for the club, if his number is called you go off, injury or not you go off, as others have said the sub was likely for tactical reasons, absolute circus at chelsea atm, kepa should be frozen out for probably the rest of the season for that s**t, then he costs them the trophy too with that soft stop on the aguero pen., absolutely terrible form from him and others who showed absolutely zero leadership on the field in that situation, the club requires serious gutting for them to move forward.

All the jokes about Sarri being justly annoyed because of how of how annoying it is to get you Willy ready and not be able to use him is mildly amusing...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who does he think he is? Bruce Grobeelar? Jerzy Dudek?

The Jorginho of penalty shootout goalkeepers?

But yeah, what a horrible attempt at saving that. That needed 2 strong hands and its saved. Instead he flapped at the ball. Woeful effort.

Expected as much after both coach and player said it came down to a misunderstanding. Would have been inconsistent messaging had they banned him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back